- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Development Of Fuzzy Logic Based Wristband For Healthcare
퍼지 논리 기반의 건강관리용 팔목 밴드 개발
- Hwang, Heesoo (Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Halla University)
- 황희수 (한라대학교 전기전자과)
- Received : 2017.02.03
- Accepted : 2017.05.12
- Published : 2017.05.31
As the elderly population increases, real-time personal health monitoring is gaining new ground with advances in wireless communications. Such an approach is particularly beneficial to elderly and physically challenged people, as well as those who live alone and are not be able to seek help in case of medical emergencies. The aim of this study is to implement a wearable band which monitors personal vital signs, such as the body temperature and heart rate, and assists with healthcare decisions using a fuzzy logic based decision support system. Since the vital sign data measured from sensors are imprecise and their normal variation with age is nonlinear and not crisp, a fuzzy system is employed to deal with this imprecise or uncertain information. The proposed wearable band is designed to continuously capture and transmit vital signs and healthcare decisions to suitable apps developed for smartphones. In this way, health alerts can be sent to the guardian or caregiver who is registered in the apps.
Body Temperature;Fuzzy-Logic;Heart-Rate;Heathcare-Band;Vital Signs
Supported by : (주)모비턴트
- Kajal Singh, Divya Sharma, and Shipra Aggarwal, "A Real Time Patient Monitoring System Based on Artificial Neural Fuzzy Inference System," Int. J. of Computer Applications, vol. 146, no. 15, pp. 22-28, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5120/ijca2016910959 https://doi.org/10.5120/ijca2016910959
- Anuradha Rangarajan, "Review: Emerging Trends in Healthcare Adoption of Wireless Body Area Networks," Biomedical Instrumentation & Technology, pp. 264-276, July Aug. 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2345/0899-8205-50.4.264 https://doi.org/10.2345/0899-8205-50.4.264
- World Health Organization. Sept. 2014. Facts about ageing, http://www.who.int/ageing/about/facts/en/
- Shohas Dutta, Anthony Maeder, Jim Basilakis, "Using Fuzzy Logic for Decision Support in Vital Signs Monitoring," Joint Proc. -AIH2013/CARE2013, pp. 29-33, 2013.
- Prakashgoud Patil, et al., "Fuzzy Logic Based Health Care System Using Wireless Body Area Network," Int. Journal of Computer Applications, vol. 80, no. 12, pp. 46-51, Oct. 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5120/13917-1881 https://doi.org/10.5120/13917-1881
- Norris P. R., "Toward New Vital Signs: Tools and Methods for Physiological Data Capture, Analysis, and Decision Support in Critical Care," PhD Thesis, Graduate School of Vanderbilt University, 2006.
- Harries A. D., et al., "The Vital Signs of Chronic Disease Management," Trans. of The Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, vol. 103, no. 6, pp. 537-540, 2009. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trstmh.2008.12.008 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trstmh.2008.12.008
- Patrick Davies, et al., "The relationship between body temperature, heart rate and respiratory rate in children," Emergency Medicine Journal, vol. 26, pp. 641-643, Oct. 2009. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/emj.2008.061598 https://doi.org/10.1136/emj.2008.061598
- Zadeh LA., The birth and evolution of fuzzy logic, International Journal of General Systems, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 95-105, 1990. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/03081079008935102 https://doi.org/10.1080/03081079008935102
- Heesoo Hwang, "Automatic Design of Fuzzy Rule Base for Modeling and Control Using Evolutionary Programming," IEE Proc. Part D, vol. 146, no. 1, pp. 9-16, Jan. 1999. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-cta:19990087 https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-cta:19990087
- Cicilia RML., et al., "A Fuzzy Model for Processing and Monitoring Vital Signs in ICU Patients," BioMedical Engineering, vol. 10, no. 68, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/1475-925X-10-68 https://doi.org/10.1186/1475-925X-10-68
- Ostchega, Y. et al., "Resting Pulse Rate Reference Data for Childern, Adolescents, and Adults: United States, 1999-2008," National Health Statistics Reports, no. 41, pp. 1-17, National Center for Health Statistics, 2011.
- MedGuidance, Medical Information, Health News & Tools, 2014, http://www.medguidance.com/thread/Normal-Body-Temperature.html, Nov. 24.
- Lois White, Gena Duncan, Wendy Baumle, Foundation of Basic Nursing, Chapter 26 Vital Sign Assessment, 2011.