- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on Design Factor of Insole using Shape Memory Alloy for Pes Planus Correction
평발교정용 형상기억합금 초탄성 인솔 설계 연구
- Yang, Mi Kyung (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Soonchunhyang University) ;
- Lee, Sang-Wook (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Soonchunhyang University)
- Received : 2017.02.08
- Accepted : 2017.05.12
- Published : 2017.05.31
As the number of patients suffering from Pes Planus increases, research on a correctional insole that can cope with them is increasingly required. Therefore, the design of an insole for Pes Planus Correction was studied using the superelastic effect, which is one of the characteristics of the shape memory alloy in this paper. To design an effective insole, the effect of the contact pressure induced by the insole on the plantar fascia, which is the most important muscle in the foot structure, was evaluated. Three parameters (thickness, max. height and asymmetric ratio) were set as the main design factors of the insole, and the maximum contact pressure appearing on the plantar fascia was calculated by finite element analysis and analyzed using the Taguchi method. As a result of the analysis, it was confirmed that the contact pressure was influenced in the order of max. height, thickness, and asymmetric ratio. In addition, the contact pressure was converted to a feeling pressure that could be felt by a person, and then a safety correction range was established that would not cause any irritation to the plantar fascias, even though the correction effect could be expected. This indicates the best design for the safety correction range. The design method considering the important factors established through this study can form the basis for designing a personalized correctional insole in the future.
Shape Memory Alloy;Superelasticity;Pes Planus;Insole;Finite Element Analysis
Supported by : 순천향대학교
- Jae-Ung Cho, "Analytical Study on Durability due to the Load of Artificial Knee Joint", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 7-11, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2014.5.2.007 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2014.5.2.007
- Jaewoo Lee, "Research of Colonoscope Robot with Rotary Inertia Type Locomotion Mechanism", Journal of the Korea Academic-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 521-526, 2016. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.6.521 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.6.521
- Hyun-Chul Ko, SeungHwan Lee, JungHyun Heo, Jeong-Jick Lee, Woo-Hyuk Choi1, Sung-Hwan Choi, TaeMin Shin, Young-Ro Yoon, "The Development of 12 channel ECG Measurement and Arrhythmia Discrimination System with High Performance Medical Analog Front-End(AFE)", Journal of the Korea Academic-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 2217-2224, 2014. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.4.2217 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.4.2217
- news1news[Internet], http://news1.kr/articles/?2561026
- National Health Information Portal, Healthinfo[Internet], http://health.mw.go.kr/HealthInfoArea/HealthInfo/View.do?idx=4360
- Jin-Hyun Park, Jin-Seop Kim, Kyoung Kim, "The Effect of Foot Strengthening Exercise to Young of Hallux Valgus with Flexible Flatfoot", Journal of the Korea Academic-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 13, no. 11, pp. 5211-5217, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.11.5211 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.11.5211
- Seung Nam Min, Jae Young Cho, Se Jin Park, Murali Subramaniyam, Sung Eun Kim, Kyung Sung Lee, "Ergonomic evaluation of functional insole with arch air cushion", Ergonomics Society of Korea, vol. 2016, no. 6, pp. 543-546, 2016.
- Seon-Chil Kim, Jin-Woo Bae, Ji-Pil Jang, "Effect of Transverse and Longitudinal Arch Support of Individual Discount Rate on the Balance Ability of the Body", Korean Journal of Digital Imaging in Medicine, vol. 16 no. 1 pp. 7-11, 2014.
- Chang-Min Lee, Kyun-Deuk Lee, Yeon-Ju Oh, Jin-Hoon Kim, "The Study on Workload Reducing Effects of Multi‐Elastic Insoles" Journal of the Ergonomics Society of Korea, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 157-165, 2007. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5143/JESK.2007.26.2.157 https://doi.org/10.5143/JESK.2007.26.2.157
- Seung-Bum Park, Kyung-Deuk Lee, Dae-Woong Kim, Jung-Hyeon Yoo, Kyung-Hun Kim, "Comparative Analysis of Foot Pressure Distribution by Functional Insole to be Transformed and Restored During Walking" Korean Journal of Sport Biomechanics, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 231-241, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2011.21.2.231 https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2011.21.2.231
- BAREFOOT SCIENCE[Internet], Triangular Secret, http://www.barefootkorea.com/home/sub02.php?mid=9
- Tamer Seyhan, "Split-Thickness Skin Grafts", vol. 29, pp. 1-16, 2011.
- Jerry M. Fabricant, Tae Soon Park, "PLANTAR FASCIITIS (FASCIOSIS) TREATMENT OUTCOMES STUDY: Plantar Fascia Thickness Measured by Ultrasound and Correlated with Patient Self Reported Improvement", The Foot, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 79-83, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foot.2011.01.015 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foot.2011.01.015
- John Loveluck, Tom Copeland, Jason Hill, Allan Hunt, Robin Martin, "Biomechanical Modeling of the Forces Applied to Closed Incisions During Single-Use Negative Pressure Wound Therapy", Eplasty, vol. 16, pp. 183-195, 2016.
- Enrique Morales-Orcajo, Javier Bayod, Estevam Barbosa de Las Casas, "Computational Foot Modeling: Scope and Applications", Archives of Computational Methods in Engineering, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 389-416, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11831-015-9146-z https://doi.org/10.1007/s11831-015-9146-z
- Ching-Hsuan Chen, Ching-hua Hung, Chen-Sheng Chen, Chao-Ching Chiang, "Biomechanical Evaluation of Reconstruction Plates with Locking and Nonlocking Screws Configurations in Calcaneal Fracture: A Finite Element Model Study", 40th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Biomechanics, pp. 1-9 2016.
- ANSYS Inc, "Ansys 14.5 Mechanical APDL Material Reference", 2013.
- Oliver A. Shergold, Norman A. Fleck, "Experimental investigation into the deep penetration of soft solids by sharp and blunt punches, with application to the piercing of skin", Journal of Biomechanical Engineering - Transactions of the ASME, vol. 127, no. 5, pp. 838-886, 2005. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1115/1.1992528 https://doi.org/10.1115/1.1992528
- Yan Wang, Zengyong, Duo Wai-Chi Wong, Ming Zhang, "Effects of Ankle Arthrodesis on Biomechanical Performance of the Entire Foot", PLoS One, vol. 10, no. 7, pp. 1-22 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0134340 https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0134340
- Hsin-Yi Kathy Cheng, Chun-Li Lin, Shih-Wei Chou, Hsien-Wen Wang, "Nonlinear Finite Element Analysis of the Plantar Fascia due to the Windlass Mechanism", Foot and Ankle International, vol. 29, no. 8, pp. 845-896, 2008. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3113/FAI.2008.0845 https://doi.org/10.3113/FAI.2008.0845
- William C. Whiting, Ronald F. Zernicke, "Biomechanics of Musculoskeletal Injury", p.199, 2008.
- B. Kitaoka, Z. P. Luo, E. S. Growney, L. J. Berglund, K. N. An, "Material properties of the plantar aponeurosis", Foot and Ankle International, vol. 15, pp. 557-560, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1177/107110079401501007