- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Effect of Thermal Management of Lithium-Ion Battery on Driving Range of Electric Vehicle
리튬이온 배터리의 열관리가 전기자동차 주행거리에 미치는 영향
- Park, Chul-Eun (Department of Mechanical-Engeenring, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Yoo, Se-Woong (Department of Mechanical-Engeenring, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Jeong, Young-Hwan (Department of Mechanical-Engeenring, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Kim, Kibum (Department of Mechanical-Engeenring, Chungbuk National University)
- Received : 2017.02.13
- Accepted : 2017.05.12
- Published : 2017.05.31
The performance of lithium ion batteries used in electric vehicles (EV) varies greatly depending on the battery temperature. In this paper, the finite difference method was used to evaluate the temperature change, state of charge (SOC), internal resistance, and voltage change of the battery due to heat generation in the battery. The simulation model was linked with AMESim to calculate the driving range of an EV traveling in New European Driving Cycle (NEDC) mode. As the temperature dropped below
Driving mode;Electric vehicle;Heat generation;Lithium-ion battery;NEDC;Thermal management
Supported by : 충북대학교
- S. Park, T. Kim, "Battery Thermal Management System for Electric Vehicles" Auto Journal, Vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 15-21, Apr. 2016.
- J. Kim, "Cooling Efficiency Improvement of Battery Pack for Electric Vehicle (II)", Applied Chemistry for Engineering, Vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 117-121, 2003.
- J. Jang, S. Lee, S. Kim, "Electric Automotive Battery Cooling System with Heat Pipe", KSME, pp. 2596-2600, Nov. 2010.
- S. Amiribavandpour, W. Shen, D. Mu, A. Kapoor, "An Improved Theoretical Electrochemical-Thermal Modelling of Lithium-ion Battery Packs in Electric Vehicles", Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 284, no. 15, pp. 328-338, Jun. 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2015.03.022 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2015.03.022
- S. Yi, "Modeling of the Thermal Behavior of a Lithium-Ion battery Pack", Journal of Energy Engineering, Vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 1-7, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5855/ENERGY.2011.20.1.001 https://doi.org/10.5855/ENERGY.2011.20.1.001
- K. Onda, T. Ohshima, M. Nakayama, K. Fukuda, T. Araki, "Thermal Behavior of Small Lithium-ion Battery During Rapid Charge and Discharge Cycle", Journal of Power Sources, Vol.158, no. 1, pp. 535-542, 2006. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2005.08.049 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2005.08.049
- N. H. F. Ismail, S. F. Toha, N. A. M. Azubir, N. M. Ishak, M. K. Hassan, B. Salam, K. S. M. Ibrahim, "Simplified Heat Generation Model for Lithium-ion Battery Used in Electric Vehicle", 5th International Conference on Mechatronics, Vol. 53, pp. 1-5, 2014.