- Volume 42 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Train Topology Discovery Protocol(TTDP) over Dual-Band WLAN-Based Train Communication Network
이중 무선랜 기반 차량 통신망에서의 열차 토폴러지 구성 프로토콜(TTDP)
- Kang, Shinkwang (Inha University Department of Communication and Information Engineering) ;
- Park, Jaehyun (Inha University Department of Communication and Information Engineering)
- Received : 2017.02.28
- Accepted : 2017.05.17
- Published : 2017.05.31
In Train Control Network(TCN), to support advanced services beyond control applications, it was revised to support high speed ethernet as IEC 61375-2-5(ETB) and IEC 61375-3-4(ECN). And Train Topology Discovery Protocol(TTDP) was included by which train-consist can be automatically configured. Meanwhile, to adopt wireless LAN as an next onboard network, TTDP need to be modified to reflect the characteristics of WLAN. This paper proposed a TTDP for WLAN using transmission power control and the number of HELLO-ACK handshake. And it determined whether the TTDP executed using the two WLAN interfaces having different bandwidths is correct or not. The proposed TTDP can allow to reduce interference from other nodes. For evaluation of performance of TTDP, NS-2 was used. The evaluation result shows the high reliability of the TTDP in wireless environment.
- H. Kirrmann and P. A. Zuber, "IEC/IEEE train communication nework," IEEE J. & Mag., vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 81-92, Aug. 2002.
- IEC 61375-1 Standard, Train Communication Network(TCN), 1999.
- IEC 61375-2-5 Standard, Ethernet Train Backbone(ETB), 2014.
- IEC 61375-3-4 Standard, Ethernet Consist Network(ECN), 2013.
- H. Hwang, J. Kim, K. W. Lee, and J. H. Yun, "Analysis of network topology for distributed control system in railroad trains," J. Inst. Electron. and Inf. Eng., vol. 52, no. 10, pp. 21-29, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5573/ieie.2015.52.10.021
- J. Kim, J. Park, Y. Oh, and H. Hwang, "Reliability analysis of train Ethernet backbone," The Trans. KIEE, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 414-416, 2013.
- J. Y. Heo, K. M. Lee, and H. C. Hwang, "Train wireless backbone for train coupling and uncoupling automatically," in Proc. KICS Int. Conf. 2015, pp. 943-944, Jeju Island, Korea, Jun. 2015.
- N. P. M. H. Salem, and A. M. Haimovich, "Effect of mac type and speed on neighbor discovery in wireless train networks," in Proc. CISS. Conf. 2015, pp. 1-5, Baltimore, USA, 2015.
- K. Kim, S. K. Lee, J. Jung, S. Yoo, and H. Kim, "Indoor wi-fi localization with LOS/NLOS determination scheme using dual-band AP," J. KICS, vol. 40, no. 8, pp. 1643-1654, 2015. https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2015.40.8.1643
- D. Ahn and R. Ha, "Indoor localization methodology based on smart phone in home environment," J. KICS, vol. 39C, no. 4, pp. 315-325, 2014. https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2014.39C.4.315
- J. Lee, S. R. Lee, and S.-C. Kim, "Analysis of localization scheme for ship application using received signal strength," J. KICS, vol. 39C, no. 8, pp. 643-650, 2014. https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2014.39C.8.643
- K. Fall and K. Varadhan, The ns Manual (2011), Retrieved Feb., 16, 2017, from www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/ns-documentation.html/
- Z. Wu, Introduce ricean fading to produce probabilistic link error, Retrieved Feb., 16, 2017, from http://www.winlab.rutgers.edu/-zhibinwu/html/ns_fading_error.html