- Volume 42 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Performance Evaluation of V2X Communication System Under a High-Speed Driving
고속 주행 환경에서의 V2X 통신 성능 측정 시스템
- Kang, Bo-young (Center for Embedded Software Technology) ;
- Bae, Jeongkyu (Cest Co., LTD.) ;
- Seo, Woo-Chang (Cest Co., LTD.) ;
- Park, Jong Woo (Graduate School of Electronics Engineering Kyungpook National University) ;
- Yang, EunJu (Cest Co., LTD.) ;
- Seo, Dae-Wha (Kyoungpook National University)
- Received : 2017.01.16
- Accepted : 2017.05.17
- Published : 2017.05.31
C-ITS(Cooperative-Intelligent Transportation System) provides services that require strict real-time such as forward collision warning, road safety service and emergency stop. WAVE(Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments), a core technology of C-ITS, is a technology designed for high-speed driving. However, in order to provide stable communication service by applying to real road environment, various performance tests of real vehicular environment are required. In the real road environment, WAVE communication performance is influenced by the surrounding environment such as moving vehicle, road shape and topography. Especially, when the vehicle is moving at high speed, the traveling position according to the speed of the vehicle, The surrounding environment changes rapidly. Such changes are factors affecting the communication performance, therefore a system and methods for analyzing them are needed. In this paper, we propose the configuration and test method of an effective performance evaluation system under high-speed driving and describe the results of analyzing the communication performance based on the data measured through the actual vehicle test.
- Robert J. Sheehan, USDOT Connected Vehicle Research Program, U.S. Department of Transportation(USDOT), 2014.
- G. Toulminet, J. Boussuge, and C. Laurgeau, "Comparative synthesis of the 3 main European projects dealing with Cooperative Systems (CVIS, SAFESPOT and COOPERS) and description of COOPERS Demonstration Site 4," in Proc. 11th Int. IEEE Conf. Intell. Transport. Syst., pp. 809-814, Oct. 2008.
- G. D. Jin, S. T. Kim, S. Y. Lee, C. G. Kim, and J. H. Park, "A study on the operational results of SMART highway test-bed," J. KIITS, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 27-39, 2015.
- KEC, Final Report for 4-2 SMART Highway Study, ISBN 979-1195529117, OLIT Press., 2015.
- S. Lee, H. Jeong, S. Yoon, D. Shin, and K. Lim, "WAVE specification and trend of next-generation ITS communication technology," in Proc. KICS Winter Conf., pp. 756-757, Jan. 2013.
- S. Lee, "Trends of next generation Domestic and International ITS technology," Retrieved Dec. 27. 2016, from https://www. nipa.kr/know/periodicalWebzineView.it
- J. H. Song, J. J. Lee, S. W. Jung, and D. W. Seo, "Performance and multi-hop transmission tests for vehicular communication systems in real road environments" J. KITS, vol. 1, no. 13, pp. 35-45, Oct. 2014.
- S.-M. Heo and S.-J. Yoo, "Multi-channel MAC protocol based on V2I/V2V collaboration in VANET," J. KICS, vol. 40 no. 01, pp. 96-107, Jan. 2015. https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2015.40.1.96
- H. S. Oh, H.-K. Cho, and Y.-S. Song, "V2X communication technology for collaborative autonomous driving," KICS Inf. and Commun. Mag., vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 41-46, Mar. 2016.
- IEEE, IEEE 802.11p-2010, Amendment6: Wireless Access in Vehicular Environment, Oct. 2010.
- IEEE, IEEE 1609.3-2016, Standard for Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments (WAVE)- Networking Services, ITS Standards, Apr. 2016.
- IEEE, IEEE 1609.4-2016, Standard for Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments (WAVE)- Multi-channel Operation, ITS Standards, Mar. 2016.
- P. Luoto, M. Bennis, P. Pirinen, S. Samarakoon, K. Horneman, and M. Latva-aho, "System level performance evaluation of LTE-V2X network," Eur. Wirel. Conf., pp. 1-5, Apr. 2016.
- T. Frankiewicz, M. Mockel, and F. Koster, "Measurement and evaluation of communication parameters on a vehicle-to-infrastructure communication test site," ICCVE, pp. 99-104, Messe Wien, Vienna, Austria, Jun. 2014.