- Volume 42 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Wireless LED Streetlight Platform with Weather Monitoring and Color Temperature Control System
기상 모니터링과 색 온도 제어 시스템을 지원하는 무선 LED 가로등 플랫폼 설계 및 구현
- Daely, Philip Tobianto (Department of IT Convergence Engineering, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Bayu, Satrya Gandeva (Department of IT Convergence Engineering, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Kim, Jin Woo (Department of IT Convergence Engineering, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Jang, Yunseong (Department of IT Convergence Engineering, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Kim, Dong-Pyo (KDG Electronics. co.,LTD.) ;
- Shin, Soo Young (Kumoh National Institute of Technology)
- Received : 2016.12.14
- Accepted : 2017.04.24
- Published : 2017.05.31
In this paper, we propose the design of LED Streetlight Platform with capabilities of weather monitoring and color temperature control. Several previous works are focused on the energy efficiency or data management of streetlight system, but no work has been done on the lighting performance, especially when natural phenomenon such as fog or haze appears on the street and obstructs the visibility of drivers and pedestrians. To solve such issue, we propose the use of two LED lamps with different correlated color temperature, which will be activated interchangeably according to the condition on the street. We also present the design of communication scheme between each devices in the system. Moreover, our experimental results show the LED Streetlight Platform can perform well and the data can be displayed properly at the website.
Supported by : NIPA(National IT Industry Promotion Agency), National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF)
- United Nations Habitat, Smart Cities, Habitat III, New York, 2015.
- A. Kimber, J. Roberts, J. Logan, and M. Lambert, LED Street Lighting: A Handbook for Small Communities, Ankeny: Iowa Association of Municipal Utilities, 2015.
- G. Arnold, D. Mellinger, P. Markowitz, M. Burke, and D. Lahar, "A win-win-win for municipal street lighting: Converting two-thirds of vermont's street lights to LED by 2014," in 2012 ACEEE Summer Study on Energy Efficiency in Buildings, Pacific Grove, 2012.
- H. Jin, S. Jin, L. Chen, S. Cen, and K. Yuan, "Research on the lighting performance of LED street lights with different color temperatures," IEEE Photonics J., vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 1-9, 2015.
- Bus-sedan Collision Caused 106-Vehicle Pileup on Yeongjong Bridge, 13 February 2015. [Online]. Available: http://english.donga.com/List/3/all/26/410101/1. [Accessed 17 Nov. 2016].
- A. Lavric, V. Popa, and I. Finis, "The design of a street lighting monitoring and control system," in 2012 Int. Conf. Exposition on Electrical and Power Eng., pp. 314-317, Iasi, 2012.
- C. Jing, D. Shu, and D. Gu, "Design of streetlight monitoring and control system based on wireless sensor networks," in 2007 2nd IEEE Conf. Ind. Electron. and Appl., pp. 57-62, Harbin, 2007.
- N. Yoshiura, Y. Fujii, and N. Ohta, "Smart street light system looking like usual street lights based on sensor networks," in 2013 13th Int. Symp. Commun. and Inf. Technol., pp. 633-637, Surat Thani, 2013.
- Y. Fujii, N. Yoshiura, A. Takita, and O. Naoya, "Smart street light system with energy saving function based on the sensor network," in 4th Int. Conf. Future Energy Syst.(e-Energy'13), pp. 271-272, Berkeley, California, May 2013.
- F. Leccese and Z. Leonowicz, "Intelligent wireless street lighting system," in 2012 11th Int. Conf. Environ. and Electrical Eng., pp. 958-961, Venice, 2012.
- F. Leccese, "Remote-control system of high efficiency and intelligent street lighting using a ZigBee network of devices and sensors," IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 21-28, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2012.2212215
- C.-l. Fan and Y. Guo, "The application of a ZigBee based wireless sensor network in the LED street lamp control system," in 2011 Int. Conf. Image Anal. and Sign. Process., pp. 501-504, Wuhan, 2011.
- Z. Kaleem, I. Ahmad, and C. Lee, "Smart and energy efficient LED street light control system using ZigBee network," in 2014 12th Int. Conf. Frontiers Inf. Technol., pp. 361-365, Islamabad, 2014.
- P. T. Daely, S. P. Heo, and S. Y. Shin, "WSN based LED street light system prototype," in KICS Winter Conf. 2016, pp. 1091-1092, Jeongsun, 2016.
- P. T. Daely, G. B. Satrya, and S. Y. Shin, "Implementation and analysis of real time scheduling for IoT: A case study of smart LED street light," in KICS Summer Conf. 2016, pp. 622-623, Seogwipo, 2016.
- J. W. Kim, D.-P. Kim, S.-P. Heo, and S. Y. Shin, "Monitoring software based on IoT & public weather information to control LED street light," in KICS Winter Conf. 2016, pp. 624-625, Jeongsun, 2016.
- J. W. Kim and S. Y. Shin, "Integrated control system based on public weather information for control led street light," in KICS Summer Conf. 2016, pp. 555-556, Seogwipo, 2016.
- Atmel Corporation, Atmel ATmega640/V-1280/V-1281/V-2560/V-2561/V Datasheet, Atmel Corporation, San Jose, 2014.
- Richtek Technology Corporation, 3A, 36V, 500kHz Synchronous Step-Down Converter, Richtek Technology Corporation, Chupei, 2015.
- Texas Instruments Incorporated, LM1117 800-mA Low-Dropout Linear Regulator, Texas Instruments Incorporated, Dallas, 2016.
- Sensirion AG, Datasheet SHT7x (SHT71, SHT75) Humidity and Temperature Sensor IC, Sensirion AG, Zurich, 2011.
- Digi International Incorporation, XBee/XBee-PRO ZigBee RF Modules User Guide, Digi International Incorporation, Minnetonka, 2016.
- Analysis of the Viability of Street Light Programming Using Commutation Cycles in the Power Line vol.10, pp.11, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3390/su10114043