- Volume 42 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Identification of the Voice Characteristics of Main Actresses in Big Hit Horror Films
공포영화흥행에 성공한 주연 여배우들에 대한 음성 특징 규명
- Cho, Dong Uk (Chungbuk Provincial University) ;
- Park, Yeong (Chungbuk Provincial University) ;
- Jeong, Yeon Man (GwangneungWonju University)
- Received : 2017.01.14
- Accepted : 2017.05.02
- Published : 2017.05.31
Korean movies are now entering the global market without staying in the domestic market. Especially, despite the fact that the foreign films are imported and opened to the domestic market very much, there are more domestic films that have succeeded in box office success. In this paper, we try to clarify the characteristics of the voices of movies in order to feel horror among various genres of domestic movies. For this reason, the criterion for the success of the movie is the number of paying audiences, so differences of the voice of the characters of the horror movie that succeeded to hit the box office and the voice of the characters of the horror movie that failed to hit the box are analyzed for verifying the success conditions in voice. In addition, we would like to suggest what kind of voice should be used in order to succeed in the horror movie from the voice point of view.
- http://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korea Movei Box Office Record
- Blog : Science Cafe(Science History), Ranking of Korean movies in 2015.
- D. U. Cho, et al., "Identification of relationship between voice features of the villainess in drama and viewership," in Proc. KICS Summer Conf., pp. 511-512, Jeju Island, Korea, Jun. 2015.
- D. U. Cho and B. J. Lee, "Voice condition's proposal of main actors for successful horror film," in Proc. KICS Conf. 2015, Seoul University, Korea, Dec. 2015.
- B. H. Kim and D. U. Cho, "Pronunciation influence analysis of carbonate and encalypus fragrance by applying speech signal processing techniques, J. KICS, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 420-428, May 2012.
- B. H. Kim and D. U. Cho, "A proposal on IT based method os substantiation and quantization for pronunciation accuracy improvement methods," J. KICS, vol. 36, no. 8, pp. 979-985, Aug. 2011. https://doi.org/10.7840/KICS.2011.36B.8.979
- B. H. Kim and D. U. Cho, "Fear valuation of horror film using pattern analysis of vocal fold vibration," J. KEIA, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 53-60, Mar. 2011.
- H. G. Moon and B. T. Kim, "Emotional states recognition of text data using Hidden Markov models," in Proc. KISS Fall Conf. 2001, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 127-129, Korea, Oct. 2001.
- A. Y. Choi and W. T. Woo, "Physiological signal sensing on meridian for emotion recognition," in Proc. KISS Summer Conf. 2005, pp. 517-519, Korea, Jul. 2005.
- H. J. Park and H. B. Kang, "Statistical model for emotional shot characterization," J. KICS, vol. 28, no. 12, pp. 1200-1208, Dec. 2003.