- Volume 42 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
D2D Based Advertisement Dissemination Using Expectation Maximization Clustering
기대최대화 기반 사용자 클러스터링을 통한 D2D 광고 확산
- Kim, Junseon (Ulsan Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST) Department of Computer Science Engineering (CSE)) ;
- Lee, Howon (Hankyong National University Department of Electrical, Electronic and Control Engineering (EECE) and IITC)
- Received : 2016.08.01
- Accepted : 2017.04.18
- Published : 2017.05.31
For local advertising based on D2D communications, sources want advertisement messages to be diffused to unspecified users as many as possible. It is one of challenging issues to select target-areas for advertising if users are uniformly distributed. In this paper, we propose D2D based advertisement dissemination algorithm using user clustering with expectation-maximization. The user distribution of each cluster can be estimated by principal components (PCs) obtained from each cluster. That is, PCs enable the target-areas and routing paths to be properly determined according to the user distribution. Consequently, advertisement messages are able to be disseminated to many users. We evaluate performances of our proposed algorithm with respect to coverage probability and average reception number per user.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- L. Pelusi, A. Passarella, and M. Conti, "Opportunistic networking: Data forwarding in disconnected mobile ad hoc networks," IEEE Commun. Mag., vol. 44, no. 11, pp. 134-141, Nov. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCOM.2006.248176
- J. Joo, H. Lee, J. Kim, and D. S. Han, "A dual beaconing scheme for effective context awareness in vehicular ad hoc networks," J. KICS, vol. 39B, no. 2, pp. 114-122, Feb. 2014. https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2014.39B.2.114
- L. Lei, Z. Zhong, C. Lin, and X. Shen, "Operator controlled device-to-device communications in LTE-Advanced networks," IEEE Wirel. Commun., vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 96-104, Jul. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/MWC.2012.6231164
- D. Camps-Mur, A. Garcia-Saavedra, and P. Serrano, "Device-to-device communications with wifi direct: Overview and experimentation," IEEE Wirel. Commun. Mag., vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 96-104, Jul. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/MWC.2013.6549288
- M. Jung and S. Choi, "Analysis of energy efficiency considering device-to-device (D2D) communications in cellular networks," J. KICS, vol. 38A, no. 7, pp. 571-579, Jul. 2013. https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2013.38A.7.571
- G. Kang and O. Shin, "Resource and power allocation method for device-to-device communications in a multicell network," J. KICS, vol. 40, no. 10, pp. 1986-1993, Oct. 2015. https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2015.40.10.1986
- A. Osseiran, et al., "Scenarios for 5G mobile and wireless communications: The vision of the METIS project," IEEE Commun. Mag., vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 26-35, May 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCOM.2014.6815890
- A. Vahdat and D. Becker, Epidemic routing for partially-connected ad hoc networks, Duke Tech Report CS-2000-06, 2000.
- A. Lindgren, A. Doria, and O. Schelen, "Probabilistic routing in intermittently connected networks," ACM Mobile Computing and Commun. Rev., vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 239-254, Jul. 2004.
- V. Erramilli, et al., "Delegation forwarding," in Proc. ACM MobiHoc 2008, pp. 251-260, Hong Kong, China, May 2008.
- F. Xia, et al., "PIS: A multi-dimensional routing protocol for socially-aware networking," IEEE Trans. Mob. Computing, vol. 15 no. 11, pp. 2825-2836, Nov. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMC.2016.2517649
- J. Kim and H. Lee, "VADA: Wi-Fi direct based voluntary advertisement dissemination algorithm for social commerce services," in Proc. IEEE VTC Spring 2015, pp. 1-6, Glasgow, Scotland, May 2015.
- J. Kim and H. Lee, "Geographical proximity based target-group formation algorithm for efficient D2D advertisement dissemination," in Proc. IEEE PerCom 2015, pp. 275-278, St. Louis, Missouri, USA, Mar. 2015.
- C. Bishop, Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning, Springer, New York, 2006.
- SEMAS Marketing Area Analysis System, Retrieved, Apr., 08, 2017, from http://sg.kmdc.or.kr/main.sg#/main
- I. T. Jolliffe, Principal Component Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, 2002.