- Volume 42 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
ISI Estimation Using Iterative MAP for Faster-Than-Nyquist Transmission
나이퀴스트 율보다 빠른 전송 시스템에서 반복 MAP을 이용한 ISI 추정 기법
- Kang, Donghoon (Dept. of Information Communications Eng., Chungnam National University) ;
- Kim, Haeun (Dept. of Information Communications Eng., Chungnam National University) ;
- Park, Kyeongwon (Dept. of Information Communications Eng., Chungnam National University) ;
- Lee, Arim (Dept. of Information Communications Eng., Chungnam National University) ;
- Oh, Wangrok (Dept. of Information Communications Eng., Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2017.03.25
- Accepted : 2017.04.28
- Published : 2017.05.31
In this paper, we propose an inter-symbol interference (ISI) estimation scheme based on the maximum a posteriori (MAP) algorithm for faster-than-Nyquist (FTN) systems. Unfortunately, the ISI estimator based on the MAP algorithm requires relatively high computational complexity. To reduce the complexity of the MAP based ISI estimator, we propose a hybrid ISI estimation scheme based on the MAP and successive interference cancellation (SIC) algorithms. The proposed scheme not only offers good ISI estimation performances but also requires reasonably low complexity.
Supported by : 충남대학교
- J. E. Mazo, "Faster-than-Nyquist signaling," Bell Syst. Tech. J., vol. 54, no. 8, pp. 1451-1462, Oct. 1975. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.1538-7305.1975.tb02043.x
- A. Prlja, J. B. Anderson, and F. Rusek, "Receivers for faster-than-Nyquist signaling with and without turbo equalization," in Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. Information Theory, pp. 464-468, Jul. 2008.
- M. El Hefnawy and H. Taoka, "Overview of faster-than-Nyquist for future mobile communication systems," in VTC Spring 2013, Jun. 2013.
- C. Douillard, A. Picart, P. Didier, M. Jezequel, C. Berrou, and A. Glavieux, "Iterative correction of intersymbol interference: Turbo equalization," Eur. Trans. Telecommun., vol. 6, pp. 507-511, Sept.-Oct. 1995. https://doi.org/10.1002/ett.4460060506
- J. B. Anderson and A. Prlja, "Turbo equalization and an M-BCJR algorithm for strongly narrowband intersymbol interference," in Proc. Int. Symp. Inf. Theory Appl., pp. 261-66, Taichung, Taiwan, Oct. 2010.
- S. Sugiura and L. Hanzo, "Frequency-domain equalization aided iterative detection of faster-than-Nyquist signaling," IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol. 64, no. 5, pp. 2122-2128, May 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2014.2336984
- W. Yuan, N. Wu, H. Wang, and J. Kuang, "Variational inference-based frequency-domain equalization for faster-than-Nyquist signaling in doubly selective channels," IEEE Signal Process. Lett., vol. 23, no. 9, pp. 1270-1274, Sept. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/LSP.2016.2593058
- M. Baek, N. Hur, and H. Lim, "Novel interference cancellation technique based on matrix computation for FTN communication system," IEEE MILCOM, pp. 830-834, Oct. 2014.
- S. Nie, M. Guo, and Y. Shen, "Interference cancellation technique for faster-than-Nyquist signaling," Electron. Lett., vol. 52, no. 13, pp. 1126-1128, Jun. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1049/el.2015.3722
- F. Rusek and J. B. Anderson, "Multistream faster than Nyquist signaling," IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 57, no. 5, pp. 1329-1340, May 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOMM.2009.05.070224
- D. Dasalukunte, F. Rusek, and V. Owall, "Multicarrier faster-than-Nyquist signaling transceivers: Hardware architecture and performance analysis," IEEE Trans. Cir. and Syst. I: Regular Papers, vol. 58, no. 4, pp. 827-838, Apr. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSI.2010.2089549
- D. Kang, H. Kim, K. Park, and W. Oh, "Parameter derivation for reducing ISI in 2-dimensional faster-than-Nyquist transmission," J. KICS, vol. 41, no. 10, pp. 1147-1154, Oct. 2016. https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2016.41.10.1147
- D. Kang, H. Kim J. Yun, H. Lim, and W. Oh, "Faster than Nyquist transmission with multiple channel codes," J. KICS, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 157-162, Feb. 2016. https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2016.41.2.157
- L. Bahl, J. Cocke, F. Jelinek, and J. Raviv, "Optimal decoding of linear codes for minimizing symbol error rate," IEEE Trans. Information Theory, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 284-287, Mar. 1974.
- G. Colavolpe and A. Barbieri, "On MAP symbol detection for ISI channels using the Ungerboeck observation model," IEEE Commun. Lett., vol. 9, no. 8, pp. 720-722, Aug. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/LCOMM.2005.1496594
- ETSI, Digital video broadcasting (DVB): EN 302 755 V1.2.1