- Volume 42 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
An Improved Reconstruction Algorithm of Convolutional Codes Based on Channel Error Rate Estimation
채널 오류율 추정에 기반을 둔 길쌈부호의 개선된 재구성 알고리즘
- Seong, Jinwoo (Hongik University Department of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineering) ;
- Chung, Habong (Hongik University Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering)
- Received : 2017.03.28
- Accepted : 2017.04.25
- Published : 2017.05.31
In an attack context, the adversary wants to retrieve the message from the intercepted noisy bit stream without any prior knowledge of the channel codes used. The process of finding out the code parameters such as code length, dimension, and generator, for this purpose, is called the blind recognition of channel codes or the reconstruction of channel codes. In this paper, we suggest an improved algorithm of the blind recovery of rate k/n convolutional encoders in a noisy environment. The suggested algorithm improves the existing algorithm by Marazin, et. al. by evaluating the threshold value through the estimation of the channel error probability of the BSC. By applying the soft decision method by Shaojing, et. al., we considerably enhance the success rate of the channel reconstruction.
Supported by : 한국연구재단, 홍익대학교
- B. Rice, "Determining the parameters of a rate 1/n convolutional encoder over GF(q)," in Proc. 3rd Int. Conf. Finite Fields an App., 1995.
- E. Filiol, "Reconstruction of convolutional encoders over GF(q)," LNCS, Crypt and Coding, vol. 1355, pp. 101-109, Dec. 1997.
- J. Barbier, "Reconstruction of turbo-code encoders," in Proc. SPIE Security and Defense Space Commun. Tech. Symp., vol. 5819, pp. 463-473, 2005.
- M. Marazin, R. Gautier, and G. Burel, "Blind recovery of k/n rate convolutional encoders in a noisy environment," EURASIP J. Wirel. Commun. and Netw., vol. 2011, no. 168, pp. 1-9, 2011.
- S. Shaojing, J. Zhou, Z. Huang, C. Liu, and Y. Zhang, "Blind identification of convolutional encoder parameters," The Scientific World J., vol. 2014, Article ID 798612, p. 6, 2014.
- J. H. Lee, et al., "Recognition of convolutional code with performance analysis," J. KICS, vol. 37A, no. 04, pp. 260-268, Apr. 2012.
- H. B. Chung and J. W. Seong, "Sufficient conditions for the existence of an (n,1) mother code and its puncturing pattern to generating a given convolutional code," J. KICS, vol. 41, no. 04, pp. 379-386, Apr. 2016. https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2016.41.4.379
- H. S. Jang, H. B. Chung, and J. W. Seong, "On the existence of the (2,1) mother code of (n,n-1) convolutional code," J. KICS, vol. 39A, no. 04, pp. 165-171, Apr. 2014. https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2014.39A.4.165