- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
An Efficient Routing Protocol for Mobile Sinks in Sensor Networks
센서 네트워크에서 모바일 싱크를 위한 효율적인 라우팅 기법
- Wu, Mary (Dept. Of Computer Culture, Yongnam Theological University and Seminary)
- Received : 2017.02.08
- Accepted : 2017.03.30
- Published : 2017.04.30
Sensors have limited resources in sensor networks, so efficient use of energy is important. In order to use the energy of the sensor node efficiently, researches applying mobile sink to the sensor network have been actively carried out. The sink node moves the sensor network, collects data from each sensor node, which spread the energy concentrated around the sink node, thereby extending the entire life cycle of the network. But, when the sink node moves, it requires a reset of the data transmission path, which causes a lot of control messages and delays. In this paper, we propose a CMS(Cluster-based Mobile Sink) method to support the movement of mobile sink in a cluster sensor environment. The proposed scheme minimizes an amount of control messages without resetting the routing paths of entire sensor networks by supporting the sink mobility path using the neighbor cluster list. And, it simplifies the routing path setup process by setting a single hop path between clusters without a gateway. The experiment results show that the proposed scheme has superior energy efficiency in processing and network structure, compared with existing clustering and mesh routing protocols.
- D.M. Choi, S.M. Moh, and I.Y. Chung, "An Energy Efficient Variable Area Routing Protocol in Wireless Sensor Network," Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, Vol. 11, No. 8, pp. 1082-1092, 2008.
- X. Yu, P. Wu, W. Han, and Z. Zhang, "A Survey on Wireless Sensor Network Infrastructure for Agriculture," Computer Standards and Interfaces, Vol. 35, Issue 1, pp. 59-64, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.csi.2012.05.001
- Z. Han, J. Wu, J. Zhang, L. Liu, and K. Tian, "A General Self-Organized Tree-Based Energy-Balance Routing Protocol for Wireless Sensor Network," IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science, Vol. 61, Issue 2, pp. 732-740, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TNS.2014.2309351
- H. Salarian, K.W. Chin, and F. Naghdy, "An Energy-Efficient Mobile-Sink Path Selection Strategy for Wireless Sensor Networks," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 63, Issue 5, pp. 2407-2419, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2013.2291811
- C. Tunca, S. Isik, M.Y. Donmez, and C. Ersoy, "Distributed Mobile Sink Routing for Wireless Sensor Networks: A Survey," IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials, Vol. 16, Issue 2, pp. 877-897, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/SURV.2013.100113.00293
- S. Ghafoor, M.H. Rehmani, S.h. Cho, and S.H. Park, "An Efficient Trajectory Design for Mobile Sink in a Wireless Sensor Network," Computers and Electrical Engineering, Vol. 40, Issue 7, pp. 2089-2100, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compeleceng.2014.07.018
- C.F. Wang, J.D. Shih, B.H. Pan, and T.Y. Wu, "A Network Lifetime Enhancement Method for Sink Relocation and Its Analysis in Wireless Sensor Networks," IEEE Sensors Journal, Vol 14, Issue 6, pp. 1932-1943, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSEN.2014.2306429
- A.W. Khan, A.H. Abdullah, M.A. Razzaque, and J.I. Bangash, "VGDRA: A Virtual Grid- Based Dynamic Routes Adjustment Scheme for Mobile Sink-Based Wireless Sensor Networks," IEEE Sensors Journal, Vol. 15, Issue 1, pp. 526-534, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSEN.2014.2347137
- M. Abo-Zahhad, S.M. Ahmed, N. Sabor, and S. Sasaki, "Mobile Sink-Based Adaptive Immune Energy-Efficient Clustering Protocol for Improving the Lifetime and Stability Period of Wireless Sensor Networks," IEEE Sensors Journal, Vol. 15, Issue 8, pp. 4576- 4586, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSEN.2015.2424296
- W.R. Heinzelman, A. Chandrakasan, and H. Balakrishnan, "Energy-Efficient Communication Protocol for Wireless Microsensor Networks," Proceeding of The Hwaii International Conference on System Science, pp. 1-10, 2000.
- H.d. Kim, B.S. Yu, and W.I. Choi, "Energy Efficient Clustering Scheme in Sensor Networks using Splitting Algorithm of Tree-based Indexing Structures," Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, Vol. 13, No. 10, pp. 1534-1546, 2010.
- D.M. Choi, J. Shen, S.M. Moh, and I.Y. Chung, "Data Prediction Strategy for Sensor Network Clustering Scheme," Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, Vol. 14, No. 9, pp. 1138-1151, 2011. https://doi.org/10.9717/kmms.2011.14.9.1138
- F. Ye, H. Luo, J. Cheng, S. Lu, and L. Zhang, "A Two-Tier Data Dissemination Model for Large Scale Wireless Sensor Network," Proceeding of the ACM Annual Conference of Mobile Computing and Networking, pp. 148-159, 2002.
- S.H. Sho and S.H. Kim, "TTCG : Three-Tier Context Gathering Technique for Mobile Devices," Journal of the Korea Industrial Information Systems Research, Vol. 14, Issue 1, pp. 64-72, 2009.
- Z. Chen, S. Liu, and J. Huang, "Multi-Tier Grid Routing to Mobile Sink in Large Scale Wireless Sensor Networks," Journal of Networks, Vol. 6, pp. 765-773, 2011.
- M. Wu, H.J. Park, and C.G. Kim, "Multihop Routing Based on the Topology Matrix in Cluster Sensor Networks," Journal of The Institute of Signal Processing and Systems, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 45-50, 2013.