- Volume 8 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Analysis of Error Sources and Error Compensation in Machine Tools
공작기계 오차 요인의 분석 및 보정에 관한 연구
- Kim, Ki-Hwan (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Graduate School, Daegu University) ;
- Youn, Jae-Woong (Division of Mechanical Engineering, Daegu University)
- Received : 2017.04.11
- Accepted : 2017.05.20
- Published : 2017.05.28
Machine tool errors can be divided into geometric error, thermal deformation error, and machining error. In this study, the influence of each error on the total error and the relative size of each error are quantitatively analyzed in 2D machining. The thermal deformation error and the machining error caused a relatively large error compared to the geometric error, which is directly related to the machining accuracy. In order to eliminate the error factors, the possibility of error compensation was examined by analyzing the measured error profile shape. As a result, about 40 ~ 50% error compensation was achieved for each error factor. Through this study, it is possible to construct a basic data base on machining, and it is expected that it will be able to compensate the machining error from the viewpoint of users.
Supported by : 대구대학교
- R. Ramesh, M. Mannan, A. Poo, "Error compensation in machine tools-a review. Part I: geometric, cutting-force induced and fixture-dependent errors", Int J. Mach. Tool Manu., Vol.40, No,9, pp.1235-1256, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0890-6955(00)00009-2
- Schwenke H, Knapp W, Haitjema H, "Geometric error measurement and compensation of machines -an update", Annals of the CIRP, Vol.57, No.2, pp.660-675, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cirp.2008.09.008
- Y. Schmitz, J. Ziegert, J. Canning, R. Zapata, "Case study: A comparision of error sources in high-speed milling", Precision Engineering, Vol.32, pp.126-133, 2009.
- S. Ibaraki, M. Sawada, A. Matsubara, T. Matsushita, "Machining tests to identify kinematic errors on five-axis machine tools", Precision Engineering, Vol.34, pp.387-398, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.precisioneng.2009.09.007
- S. Aguado, D. Samper, J. Santolaria, "Towards an effective identification strategy in volumetric error compensation of machine tools", Meas Sci Technol., Vol.23, No.6, pp.1-12, 2012.
- R. Ramesh, M. Mannan, A. Poo, "Error compensation in machine tools-a review. Part II: thermal errors", Int J. Mach. Tool Manu., Vol.40, No,9, pp.1257-1284, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0890-6955(00)00010-9
- M. Attia, L. Kops, "Computer simulation of nonlinear thermoelastic behaviour of a joint in machine tool structure and its effect on thermal deformation", ASME Trans. J. of Eng. for Ind. Vol.101, pp.355-361, 1979. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3439518
- M. Attia, L. Kops, "A new method for determining the thermal contact resistance at machine tool joints", Annals of the CIRP, Vol.30, No.1, pp.259-264, 1981. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0007-8506(07)60938-X
- R. Ramesh, M. Mannan, A. Poo, "Error compensation in machine tools - a review Part II: thermal errors", Int. J. Mach. Tools Manuf., Vol. 40, pp.1257-1284, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0890-6955(00)00010-9
- W. Yun, D. Cho, "An improved cutting force model considering the size effect in end milling", ASME Int. Mech. Eng. Congress and Exposition, Orlando, pp.223-229, 2000.
- G. Kim, B. Kim, C. Chu, "Estimation of cutter deflection and formerror in ball-end milling process", Int. J. Mach. Tools Manuf., Vol. 43, pp.917-924, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0890-6955(03)00056-7
- Y. Cheng, J. Chin, "Machining contour errors as ensembles of cutting, feeding and machine structure effects", Int. J. Mach. Tools Manuf., Vol.43, pp.1001-1014, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0890-6955(03)00093-2
- K. H. Kim, A Study on the Accuracy Analysis of 3-Axis and 5-Axis Machining Center and Error Compensation, Master Thesis, Daegu Univ. 2015.
- KS B ISO Standards. "Test conditions for machining centres-Part 2:Geometric tests for machines with vertical spindle or universal heads with vertical primary rotary axis(vertical Z-axis)" KS B ISO 10791-2, 2007
- C. Eun, Y. C. Lee, "Compensation of the non-linearity of the audio power amplifier converged with digital signal processing technique", J.of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol.7, No.3, pp.77-85
- S. W. Lee, Development of thermal error measurement and compensation system for spindle and feed axis in CNC machine tools, Ph.D Thesis, Deoul National Univ. 2000