- Volume 15 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Self-Esteem and Self-Efficacy on Ego-Resilience of Nursing Students
간호대학생의 자아존중감과 자기효능감이 자아탄력성에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Sun Young (Department of Nursing Gongju National University) ;
- Lee, Jung Suk (Department of Nursing Sangmyung University) ;
- Kim, Yunyoung (Department of Nursing Andong National University)
- Received : 2017.02.09
- Accepted : 2017.05.20
- Published : 2017.05.28
The purpose of this study was to identify the relationship of self-esteem, self-efficacy and ego-resilience of nursing students and to evaluate the effect of self-esteem and self-efficacy to ego-resilience. In this study, 247 data was collected from nursing students of G-city in South Korea from Sep. 2016 to Nov. 2016, and the collected data was analyzed with SPSS 22.0 Statistics Program. The result showed that self-esteem had positive correlation with both of self-efficacy and ego-resilience, and self-efficacy had positive correlation with self-efficacy. Both of self-esteem and self-efficacy were significant to ego-resilience with the explanation power of 59.2%. It is necessary for nursing students to improve their self-esteem and self-efficacy from college education to cope and adapt to various stress situations experienced in the clinical field, and it is required to develop the ego-resilience improvement program using self-esteem and self-efficacy.
본 연구에서는 간호대학생의 자아존중감, 자기효능감, 자아탄력성의 관계를 확인하고 자아존중감과 자기효능감이 자아탄력성에 미치는 융복합적 영향을 파악하고자 하였다. 2016년 9월부터 2016년 11월까지 G시에 위치한 4년제 간호학과 학생을 대상으로 서면동의를 받아 247건의 자료를 수집하여 SPSS 22.0 Statistics Program을 이용하여 분석하였으며, 연구결과 자아존중감은 자기효능감, 자아탄력성과 순 상관관계를 보였으며, 자기효능감은 자아탄력성과 순 상관관계를 보였다. 또한 자아존중감, 자기효능감이 자아탄력성에 유의한 영향을 미치며, 59.2%의 설명력을 가지는 것으로 나타났다. 본 연구결과를 통해 간호대학생이 앞으로 임상 현장에서 경험하게 되는 다양한 스트레스 상황을 적절한 대처하고 적응하면서 전문직 간호역량을 높이기 위해 대학교육에서부터 자아존중감과 자기효능감을 증진시키려는 노력이 필요하다 여겨지며, 자아존중감과 자기효능감을 활용한 자아탄력성 향상 프로그램 개발과 적용이 요구된다.
Supported by : 안동대학교
- S. K. Lee, S. N. Park, S. H. Jeong, "Nursing care competencies needed in the fields of nursing practice for graduates in nursing," Journal of Korean Academic Society of Adult Nursing, Vol .18, No. 4, pp. 460-473, 2012.
- Y. J. Kim, “Type of Coping with Stress of Nursing Students,” Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 29-39, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2014.5.3.029
- H. J. Lee, “Convergence Study on Nursing Students' Stress and Satisfaction with Clinical Practice,” Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 75-83, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.4.075
- H. J. Park, I. S. Jang, “Stress, depression, coping styles and satisfaction of clinical practice in nursing students,” The Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 14-23, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2010.16.1.014
- B. H. Kim, B. Y. Chung, J. K. Kim, A. Y. Lee, S. Y. Hwang, J. A. Cho, J. A. Kim, "Current situation and the forecast of the supply and demand of the nursing workforce in Korea," Journal of Korean Academic Society of Adult Nursing, Vol .25, No. 6, pp. 701-711, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2012.24.6.701
- E. J. Jung, G. S. Chae, W. J. Noh, M. M. Park, U. Y. Cho, H. J. Kim. "Korean hospital nurses association," Hospital Nurses Association, pp. 77-86, 2013.
- E .C. Klohnen, "Conceptual analysis and measurement of the construct of ego resilience," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol. 70, pp. 1067-1079, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35220.127.116.117
- H. J. Park, "Perceived stress, coping and depression of ego-resilience". Unpublished maser's thesis, Korean University of Korea, Seoul, pp. 1-70, 1996.
- J. A. Park, E. K. Lee, “Influence of ego-resilience and stress coping styles on college adaptation in nursing students,” Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 267-276, 2011. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2011.17.3.267
- Y. S. Park, Y. H. Kwon, “Ego resilience, problem solving process and clinical practice competency in nursing students,” The Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 341-350, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.3.341
- M. O. Chae, “Ego resilience, empathic ability and interpersonal relationship ability in nursing students,” Journal of the Korea Academia Industrial, Vol. 17, No. 5, pp. 95-103, 2016. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.5.95
- M. G. Choi, H. K. Kim, “The effect of workplace bullying and ego-resilience on turnover intention of nurses in the public hospital,” Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 16, No. 5, pp. 3257-3267, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.5.3257
- B. Gray-Little, V. S. L. Williams, T. D. Hancock, "An item response theory analysis of the rosenberg self esteem scale, Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, Vol. 23, pp. 443-451, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1177/0146167297235001
- A. Bandura, Self-efficacy toward a unifying theory of behavioral change, Psychological Review, Vol. 84, pp. 119-215, 1977.
- Y. R. Kweon, “Relationships of self-esteem, resilience, and occupational self efficacy among nursing students,” Women Health, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 1-18, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1300/J013v17n01_01
- D. J. Kim, J. S. Lee, “Influence of ego-resilience and self-efficacy on satisfaction in major of nursing student,” The Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 244-254, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.2.244
- J. Block, J. H. Block, "The role of ego-control and ego-resiliency in the organization of behavior," Minnesota Symposia on Child Psychology, Vol. 13, pp. 19-101, 1980.
- C. H. Kim, "A study on the problem of returnees's adaptation and self-esteem," Unpublished Maser's Thesis, Seoul Women's University, pp. 1-79, 1995.
- M. Sherer, J. Maddux, "The self efficacy scale: construction and validation," Psychological Reports, Vol. 51, pp. 663-671, 1982. https://doi.org/10.2466/pr0.1918.104.22.1683
- H. Y. Hong, "The relationship of perfectionism, self-efficacy and depression," Master Dissertation, Ewha Woman's University, pp. 1-90, 1995.
- H. J. Park, "Perceived stress, coping, depression and ego resilience," Unpublished Maser's Thesis, Korea University, pp. 1-80, 1997.
- E. K. Lee, J. A. Park, “Ego resilience and the clinical competence of nursing students,” Journal of Korean Public Health Nursing, Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 293-303, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2013.27.2.293
- H. I. Jo, N. Y. Lee, “A study on the relationship between academic achevement and ego resiliency: Focusing on mediating effects of self determination motivation,” Youth Research, Vol. 17, No. 6, pp. 1-20, 2010.
- N. Garmezy, M. Rutter, "Stress, coping, and development in children," McGraw-Hill, New york, 1983.
- Y. K. Lee, H. L. Kim, “The relationship of ego resilience and involvement with the experience of anxiety and perceived stress in nursing students,” Journal of the Korea Academia Industrial, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 1953-1962, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.4.1953
- H. Y. Jung, J. O. Kwon, “A study on the stress, self esteem, and mental health in nursing students,” The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 191-204, 2013. https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2013.7.4.191
- M. O. Chae, “Ego resilience, empathic ability and interpersonal relationship ability in nursing students,” Journal of the Korea Academia Industrial, Vol. 17, No. 5, pp. 99-103, 2016. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.1.99
- K. H. Kim, E. H. Hwang, “Influence of ego resilience, critical thinking disposition, and self leadership on career decision making self efficacy in nursing students,” Journal of Korea Academia Industrial, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 436-445, 2016. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.2.436
- M. M. Tugade, B. L. Fredrickson, "Resilience individuals use positive emotions to bounce back form negative emotional experiences," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol .86, No. 2, pp. 320-333, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3522.214.171.1240
- H. S. Jang, “Resilience as a factor interrupting psychological disorders,” Korean Journal of Psychology: Development, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 105-119, 2001.