- Volume 15 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on Convergence Expression Using Transfer Printing Techniques in Contemporary Ceramic Art
현대 도예의 전사기법을 활용한 융복합 표현에 관한 연구
- Park, Koung-Ju (Ceramic Arts, Hongik University) ;
- Choi, Jung-Hwa (Formative Arts Design, Kongju National University)
- Received : 2017.02.25
- Accepted : 2017.05.20
- Published : 2017.05.28
Modern ceramics art has various expression techniques. Among them, the digitization of modern society has led to the development of the transfer printing technique, and the technique of transfer printing has been utilized as medium of expression of modern ceramics. However, the transfer printing technique is merely uniform and does not give enough information to utilize the artistic expression of the craftsmen using the technique of decal rather than actively utilizing it in the field for mass production. Therefore. In this paper, we will examine the works of contemporary pottery artists who understand the meaning of the transfer printing technique and express the artist 's personality and artistry with transfer printing technique, so that the transfer printing technique can enhance the aesthetic and artistic effect of ceramic art as the expression medium of modern ceramics. We want to lay the foundations for a higher value-added industry.
- Y. H. Cheon, "A study on Unfired Clay Work in Modern Ceramic Arts," p.1, 2002.
- T. H. Lee, "A Study of Trend of Pop Culture in Digital Age," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 301-307, 2017, 2. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.2.301
- S. M. Kim, "The Enable policy research on ceramic culture," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 10, No. 8, pp. 305-310. 2012, 9. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2012.10.8.305
- T. S. Kim, "Industrial ceramic and design," Monthly Ceramic Art, pp. 10-13, 1999, 3.
- I. S. Mo, "The Material and design of third firing tile," Korean Institute of Interior Design Journal, December Vol. 25, 2000, 12.
- J. S. Hong, "A study on photography images in the contemporary ceramics as the strategy of avant-garde: focus on the confrontational ceramics, Unpublished doctoral dissertation," Hongik University, Seoul, 2013.
- G. H. Park, “Chemical technology of pottery tableware,” The Study of Ceramic, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 26-27, 1995.
- K. S. Kong, “A study of Transfer Printing Technique,” Study of ceramic art, Vol. 0, No. 18, pp. 11-12, 1996.
- J. H. Seo, "The Study of Industrial Ceramics and Tableware Design-Pivot of manufacturing morning Set Outside Decoration-Unpublished masters thesis," Hongik University, Seoul, pp. 17-18, 2003.
- Peterson, Susan, "The craft and art of clay," Kim Soon bea, Yekyong, p.125, 2001.
- K. H. Woo, E. J. Yoo, “A Study on the Transfer Printing Technique in Contemporary Ceramic Art's Expression Medium,” A Korea Society of Art & Design, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 413-429, 2015.
- Termimi, Maria T, "Silk screening," Mijinsa, pp. 14-16, 1996.
- Fornasetti-Practical Madness, p.48, 2016.
- J. G. Song, "A Study on the Howard Kottler's Post-modern Ceramics," Korean Society of Basic Design & Art, Vol. 16, No. 2, p.227, 2015.
- DOI:https://craftcouncil.org/post/howard-kottlers-plates-and-politics, (Dec 27, 2012)
- DOI:http://homegirllondon.com/profiles-melody-rose/#/ (Oct 25, 2014)
- DOI:http://www.cerazine.co.kr/CeramicArt/News_View.asp?News_Num=24764&Class_Num=274(July, 2013)