- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on the construction quality infra and it's core confidency priority for enhancing construction certification system
건설공사 품질인증시스템 향상을 위한 품질인프라 및 핵심역량 도출에 관한 연구
- Lee, Kab-Soon (Dept. of Industrial and Management Engineering, Korea National University of Transportation) ;
- Bae, Young-Ju (Dept. of Industrial and Management Engineering, Korea National University of Transportation)
- Received : 2017.10.20
- Accepted : 2017.12.14
- Published : 2017.12.31
This study is for figuring out major components of construction quality infrastructure and suggesting improvement plan by benchmarking global best practice model and analyzing gap between the model and sample practice. Based on improvement plan, researcher could derive major characters and components of construction quality infrastructure, and also about the priority among core competency components of construction quality experts. The result showed that the 'human resource' was ranked the best priority followed by 'method' 'environment', 'equipment' among major characters and components of construction quality infrastructure. Also, for core competency components of construction quality experts, 'number of years in work places' was the best priority, and the 'professional knowledge on engineering' was another priority ranked. Far from general perception on competency components, 'academic education' ranked the last. It may allude that the current education system in this country is not effective in developing competency of quality engineers. In summary, this study shows professionalism of quality engineer is the most important thing in all the components.
- Park, J. S. (2011), "Impact of the Core Factors of Quality Management on the Performance of Conformity Assessment Bodies", Graduate of School of Chungnam University.
- Song, S. H. (2006), "Quality Performance Management System for Construction Projects Using Quality Performance Indicators", Korea Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, Vol.3 No.3, pp.76-85.
- Lee, H. C. (2015), "Institutional Improvement Method of Quality Management in Construction Work" Graduate School of Construction Legal Affairs Kwangwoon University.
- Lim, T. K. (2013), "Performance Assessment of Construction Quality Management System", Graduate School of Kyungbuk National University.
- Yu, I. H. (2006), "An Integrated Performance Measurement System for Company-Level Benchmarking in the Construction Industry", Graduate School of Ajou University.
- Jung, S. K. (2016), "Improvement of Construction Quality Management through Analyzing Construction Work's Quality Inspection Results", Korea Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, Vol.17 No.1, pp.110-118. https://doi.org/10.6106/KJCEM.2016.17.1.110
- Cha, H. S.(2013), "Development of Construction Project Performance Management System(PPMS) Considering Project Characteristics",Korea Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, Vol.14 No.1, pp.82 https://doi.org/10.6106/KJCEM.2013.14.1.082
- U.S Army Corps of Engineer(2004), "Construction Quality Management for Contractors, Control #784.
- SAUDI ARAMC(2004), "Oontractor and subcontractor Quality personnel Qualification requirements",Contract No. 6600015858.
- Thomas H. Oswald, James L. Burati, Jr, CII (1992), " Guideline for Implementing Total Quality Management in the engineering and construction industry".
- ASME(2001), "Quality Assurance requirements for nuclear facility applications".
- Connie M Borror, Korean Translation Copyright (2014), "The certified quality engineer handbook, third edition".
- Duke Okes & Russel. Westcott, Editors ASQ Quality Press(2001), "The certified quality Manager handbook, second edition".