- Volume 35 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Monitoring and Evaluation on the Project for Utilization of Cultural Property - Focused on the Project "SaengSaeng Cultural Property" in 2016 -
문화재활용 사업 모니터링 및 평가 - 2016년 생생문화재사업을 중심으로 -
- Park, Dong-Seok (Administration of Cultural Heritage)
- 박동석 (문화재청)
- Received : 2017.03.02
- Accepted : 2017.03.23
- Published : 2017.03.31
This study carried out field evaluation by experts, monitoring by the public, and visitor satisfaction survey for 88 sites by using cultural property projects that received support from "SaengSaeng Cultural Property"in 2016. The result of the comprehensive evaluation was 'good', the part of planning, outcome, annual special index were 'good', field operation and performance were 'normal'. The field evaluation was rated as 'normal' by experts, monitoring by the public was 'good', and visitor satisfaction survey was also 'good'. The advantages of the project were as follows; increased enjoyment of local cultural assets, utilization of historical and cultural heritage as tourism, expansion of local participation and cooperation. On the other hand, the disadvantages were as follows; shortage of promotion to other local people, deterioration of program's quality, insufficient materials for explanation of cultural assets, insufficient program for staying. We suggested measures to develop the project as follows; developing paid contents in order to secure sustainability, connection with other programs, developing representative program and brand, improvement of environment to participate, strengthening of role for experienced local organization, utilization of local artists and volunteers, exchange between local organization, promoting by government organization, managing existing visitors, establishing of strategy for promotion, improvement of monitoring by the public, strengthening of reflection of visitor's opinions, consulting for each programs.
- Cultural Heritage Administration.(2014). A Monitoring on the Project 'SaengSaeng Cultural Property' in 2014. Cultural Heritage Administration.
- Cultural Heritage Administration.(2015). A Monitoring on the Project 'SaengSaeng Cultural Property' in 2015. Cultural Heritage Administration.
- Cultural Heritage Administration.(2016). A Monitoring on the Project 'SaengSaeng Cultural Property' in 2016. Cultural Heritage Administration.
- Hwang, H. J. and Park, C.H.(2015). Utilization of Cultural Assets; Is It a Realization of Authenticity? Or a Damage to Authenticity?. The Journal of Tourism Studies. 27(4): 3-26.
- Im, S. Y.(2015). A Namhansanseong case study on the significance and the improving direction of 'Vibrant Cultural Property Programs'. Konkuk University.
- Jang, H. S.(2006). Argument about cultural heritage utilization - focusing on the concept and scope of utilization-. Korea Humanities Content Society. 7: 155-173.
- Kim, H. W.(2010). A Study about Regional Officials' Understanding based on the Effect of Festival for utilizing Korea's Cultural Heritage: On the basis of Festivals of Goryeong Daegaya Dynasty, Baekje Cultural Regions and Anseong Baudeogi. Paichai University.
- Kim, K. H.(2014). A research for the safeguarding and utilisation of intangible cultural heritage in Korea. Korea University.
- Lee, C. G.(2013). A study on the activation of cultural heritage of palaces and jongmyo as tourism resources : focusing on the application plan of Gyeongbokgung palace, Changdeokgung palace, changgyeonggung palace, Deoksugng palace and Jongmyo. Chungang University.
- Lee, C. H.(2013). A study on the effective utilization methodology of Cultural Heritage Contents. Konkuk University.
- Lee, C. N.(2013). The Research on the Copyright Policy for the Protection, Preservation and Utilization of Intangible Cultural Heritage. Kangwon Law Review. 40: 63-92. https://doi.org/10.18215/kwlr.2013.40..63
- Lee, H. J.(2015). Planning for Archaeological Relics Excavated in City Center : A Case Study of Seven Redevelopment Rrojects in Seoul City Center. Seoul National University.
- Lee, J. H.(2003). Study about Management Improvement and Practical Plan of Intangible Cultural Properties : on the Basis of Arts Field. Chugye University for the Arts.
- Lee, S. K. and Kum, H. S.(2016). Visitor's Satisfaction and Perceived Value on Cultural Heritage. Journal of Arts, Management and Policy. 37: 65-93.
- Lee, Y. S.(2009). A Study on the Use of Contents of Local Cultural Heritage -Focused on the Intangible Culturla Heritage of the Honam Region-. The Korean Folklore. 49(1): 333-378.
- Park, Y. W.(2014). An Analysis and Activation of the Projects Utilizing the Royal Tombs of the Joseon Dynasty. Journal of Cultural Heritage. 47(4): 4-21.
- Ryu, H. C.(2014), Expanding the Concept of Cultural Heritage Utilization and Classifying the Types. Journal of Cultural Heritage. 47(1): 4-17.
- Shin, C. H.(2015). A Study on Utilization Plan of Modern and Contemporary Heritage : Focusing on Registered Cultural Assets and Future Heritage in Seoul. Hankuk University of Foreign Studies.