- Volume 21 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Free Vibration Analysis of Timoshenko Arcs with Elastic Supports Using Transfer of Influence Coefficient
영향계수의 전달을 이용한 탄성 지지된 티모센코 호의 자유진동 해석
- Choi, Myung-Soo (Department of Maritime Police Science, Chonnam National University) ;
- Yeo, Dong-Jun (Faculty of Marine Technology, Chonnam National University)
- Received : 2016.01.19
- Accepted : 2017.03.29
- Published : 2017.04.30
When Timoshenko arcs considering the shear deformation and rotatory inertia have elastic supports, the authors analyze in-plane free vibration of them by the transfer influence coefficient method. This method finds the natural frequencies of them using the transfer of influence coefficient after obtaining the transfer matrix of arc element from numerical integration of the differential equations governing the vibration of arc. In this study, two computer programs were made by the transfer influence coefficient method and the transfer matrix method for analyzing free vibration of Timoshenko arcs. From numerical results of four computational models, we confirmed that the transfer influence coefficient method is a reliable method when analyzing the free vibration of Timoshenko arcs. In particular, the transfer influence coefficient method is a effective method when analyzing the free vibration of arcs with rigid supports.
- A. E. H. Love, 1944, "A Treatise on the Mathematical theory of elasticity (4th Ed.)", Dover Publications, New York, pp. 451-454.
- T. Y. Yang, 1986, "Finite Element Structural Analysis", Prentice-Hall, New Jersey.
- E. C. Pestel and F. A. Leckie, 1963, "Matrix Methods in Elastomechanics", McGraw-Hill, New York.
- M. S. Choi and D. J. Yeo, 2017, "Free Vibration Analysis of Curved Beams Regarded as Discrete System Using Finite Element- Transfer Stiffness Coefficient Method", Journal of The Korean Society for Power System Engineering, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 37-42. https://doi.org/10.9726/kspse.2017.21.1.037
- M. S. Choi, D. J. Yeo, J. H. Byun, J. J. Suh and J. K. Yang, 2007, "In-Plane Vibration Analysis of General Plates", Journal of The Korean Society for Power System Engineering, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 78-85.
- T. Irie, G. Yamada and I. Takahashi, 1979, "In-Plane Vibration of Timoshenko Arcs with Variable Cross-Section", Ingenieur-Archiv, Vol. 48, pp. 337-346. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00534324
- D. J. Yeo, 2005, "Development of Vibrational Analysis Algorithm for Truncated Conical Shells", Journal of The Korean Society for Power System Engineering, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 58-65.
- L. S. D. Morley, 1961, "Elastic waves in a naturally curved rod", The Quarterly Journal of Mechanics and Applied Mathematics, Vol. 14, pp. 155-172. https://doi.org/10.1093/qjmam/14.2.155
- G. J. Borse, 1997, "Numerical Methods with MATLAB", PWS Publishing, Boston. pp. 157.
- E. B. Magrab, 2000, "An Engineer's Guide to MATLAB", Prentice-Hall, New Jersey.