- Volume 23 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Physicochemical Quality Characteristics of Fermented Soybean Paste Sauce added Lotus Leaf Powder
연잎분말을 첨가한 된장소스의 이화학적 품질 특성
- Han, Hye-Young (Dept. of Culinary and Food Service Management, Sejong University) ;
- Lee, Seung-Ju (Dept. of Culinary and Food Service Management, Sejong University)
- Received : 2017.01.23
- Accepted : 2017.03.22
- Published : 2017.04.30
The purpose of the study is to examine the physicochemical and quality characteristics of fermented soybean paste sauce containing lotus leaf powder at concentrations of 0% (control), 2%, 4%, 6% and 8%. The color of increasing the amount of concentrated lotus leaf powder in the fermented soybean paste sauce tended to increase the pH, total soluble solids, saltinity and viscosity. It also tended to increase total polyphenol, flavonoids content and DPPH radical scavenging ability. The total bacteria numbers increased with storage period, and those of fermented soybean paste sauce with 4% lotus leaf powder were lower compared to the other samples. The results of this study suggest that lotus leaf is a beneficial ingredient for increasing quality characteristics and the functionality of fermented soybean paste sauce.
- Ahn, S. C., & Bog, H. J. (2007). Consumption pattern and sensory evaluation of traditional Doenjang and commercial Doenjang. Journal of the Korean Society of Food Culture, 22(5), 633-644.
- Blois, M. S. (1958). Antioxidant determination by the use of a stable free radical. Nature, 181, 1199-1200. https://doi.org/10.1038/1811199a0
- Byun, M. W., Nam, T. G., Chun, M. S., & Lee, G. H. (2014). Physicochemical and sensory characteristics of doenjang made by traditional methods. Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition, 43(10), 1543-1548. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2014.43.10.1543
- Cho, Y. B., Park, W. P., Joung, E. J., Lee, M. J., & Lee, Y. B. (2002). Analysis of volatile compounds in Kimchi-flavored steak sauce. Korean Journal of Food Science and Technology, 34(3), 351-355.
- Choi, H. K. (1992). Utilization of taste in food industry. Korean Journal of Food and Cookery Science, 8(2), 184-216.
- Choi, S. K., Jo, W. H., & Kim, D. S. (2002). The sauce. Seoul, Korea: Baeksan Publishing.
- Choi, S. Y., Sung, N. J., & Kim, H. J. (2006). Physicochemical characteristics of traditional Doenjang with added Lentinus edodes. Korean Journal of Food and Cookery Science, 22(1), 69-79.
- Dewanto, V., Wu, X., Adom, K. K., & Liu, R. H. (2002). Thermal processing enhances the nutritional value of tomatoes by increasing total antioxidant activity. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 50(10), 3010-3014. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf0115589
- Han, K. Y., & Yoon, S. J. (2007). Quality characteristics of lotus leaf Jeolpyun during storage. Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition, 36(12), 1604-1611. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2007.36.12.1604
- Heo, N. C., Choi, K. C., Ahn, Y. J., & Yang, H. C. (2007). Nutritional composition of white-flowered and pink-flowered lotus in different parts. Korean Journal of Food Science and Technology, 39(1), 14-19.
- Kim, J. K., & Yoo, S. S. (2012). Quality characteristics of brown sauce made with freeze-dried Salicornia herbacea L. powder. The Korean Journal of Culinary Research, 18 (5), 243-255.
- Kim, K. S., Shin, M. K., & Kim, H. Y. (2008). Nutritional composition and antioxidant activity of the white lotus (Nelumbo nucifera Gaertn) leaf. Journal of the East Asian Society of Dietary Life, 18(4), 499-506.
- Kim, S. H., Kong, S. G., & Park, D. S. (2013). Quality characteristics and sensory evaluation of tomato sauce with added paerilla leaf. The Korean Journal of Food And Nutrition, 26(4), 766-771. https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2013.26.4.766
- Kim, Y. J., Kim, B. P., Kwon, Y. K., & Yoon, H. H. (2014). The effects of thickening agents on the sensory quality of brown sauce. The Korean Journal of Culinary Research, 20(3), 148-160.
- Jang, S. J. (2014). Physicochemical quality characteristics of tomato sauce added with Pimpinella brachycarpa. The Korean Journal of Culinary Research, 20(4), 169-182.
- Joo, N. M., Jung, H. S., Yoon, J. Y., Park, S. H., Lee, S. M., Song, Y. H., & Lee, J. H. (2010). Development and application of soybean paste sauce with walnuts and sesame seeds. The Korean Journal of Culinary Research, 16(3), 298-306.
- Lee, B. G., & Byun, K. I. (2008). Rheological properties of white pan bread dough prepared with lotus(Nelumbo nucifera) seeds powder. Korean Journal of Food Preservation, 15(6), 852-858.
- Lee, K. S., Kim, M. G., & Lee, K. Y. (2006). Antioxidant activity of ethanol extract from lotus(Nelumbo nucifera) leaf. Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition, 35(2), 182-186. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2006.35.2.182
- Lee, K. S., Oh, C. S., & Lee, K. Y. (2006). Antimicrobial effect of the fractions extracted from a lotus(Nelumbo nucifera) leaf. Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition, 35(2), 219-223. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2006.35.2.219
- Lee, S., & Kim, D. H. (2012). Changes in physicochemical properties of low-salt Doenjang during fermentation. Korean Journal of Food Science and Technology, 44(5), 592-599. https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2012.44.5.592
- Nam, J. S., Choi, S. K., & Kim, D. S. (2010). Quality and sensory characteristics of Bulgogi sauce with various amount of Omija extract juice. The Korean Journal of Culinary Research, 16(4), 247-259.
- Oh, H. J., Lim, J. H., Lee, J. Y., Jeon, S. B., Kang, H. Y., Oh, Y. S., Oh, Y. J., & Lim, S. B. (2009). Quality characteristics of Jeju traditional Doenjang. The Korean Journal of Culinary Research, 15(2), 298-308.
- Oh, H. J., Moon, H. K., & Kim, C. S. (2003). Development of yeast leavened pan bread using commercial Doenjangs (Korean soybean pastes): 1. Physicochemical properties of bread added with Doenjang. Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition, 32(7), 1002-1010. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2003.32.7.1002
- Park, B. H., Cho, H. S., Jeon, E. R., Kim, S. D., & Koh, K. M. (2009). Quality characteristics of soybean curd prepared with lotus leaf powder. Journal of the Korean Society of Food Culture, 24(3), 315-320.
- Park, B. H., Kim, S. D., Jeon, E. R., & Cho, H. S. (2012). Quality characteristics and volatile flavor components of cooked rice, Yenipsambab, with lotus leaf powder. The Korean Society of Food Culture, 27(4), 374-382. https://doi.org/10.7318/KJFC/2012.27.4.374
- Park, B. H., Park, M. Y., & Cho, H. S. (2014). Quality characteristics of Maejakgwa with added Nelumbo nucifera leaf powder. Korean Journal of Food Preservation, 21(3), 328- 333. https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2014.21.3.328
- Park, H. D., & Lee, S. S. (2009). Comparison of storage stability between soy milk mayonnaise and mayonnaise contained soybean paste powder. Journal of Food Hygiene and Safety, 24(3), 247-255.
- Park, K. B., & Choi, S. K. (2012). Quality and sensory characteristics of Bechamel sauce with various amount of Chungkukjang powder. The Korean Journal of Culinary Research, 18(3), 252-265.
- Park, S. W., & Byun, G. I. (2014). Development of Bulgogi sauce added with concentrated Curcuma longa L. The Korean Journal of Culinary Research, 20(1), 143-158.
- Park, S. Y. (2009). Sensory evaluation and major component in Chungtaejeon tea blended Lotus leaves (Master's thesis). Mokpo university.
- Saleh, E. S., & Hameed, A. (2008). Total phenolic contents and free radical scavenging activity of certain Egyptian ficus species leaf samples. Food Chemistry, 114(4), 1271-1277. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2008.11.005
- Shin, Y. J. (2007). Quality characteristics of fish paste containing lotus leaf powder. Korean Journal of Food and Cookery Science, 23(6), 947-953.