- Volume 42 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Implementation and Analysis of CoAP-Based Lightweight OpenADR2.0b protocol for Smart Energy IoT Environment
스마트 에너지 IoT를 위한 CoAP 기반 Lightweight OpenADR2.0b 프로토콜의 구현 및 분석
- Park, Heon-Il (Hanyang University Department of Computer Science) ;
- Kim, Se-Young (Hanyang University Department of Computer Science) ;
- Kang, Seong-Cheol (Hanyang University Department of Computer Science) ;
- Park, Hyun-Jin (Hanyang University Department of Computer Science) ;
- Kim, Il-Yeon (Korea Smart Grid Association) ;
- Choi, Jin-Seek (Hanyang University Department of Computer Science)
- Received : 2017.02.15
- Accepted : 2017.04.10
- Published : 2017.04.30
For efficient energy usage, the concept of demand response has been emerged and thereby Open Automated D emand Response(OpenADR) protocol is developed as a standard protocol to provide automated demand response. There have been emerging trends on the demand response services using the Internet of Things(IoT) for smart h ome energy management. In this smart home energy IoT environment, a lightweight protocol is needed rather tha n the existing HTTP/ XML based OpenADR protocol for demand response services since many small devices wi ll be interconnected. In this paper, we propose a lightweight OpenADR protocol based on CoAP protocol for pro viding demand response service in Smart Energy IoT environment, implement the proposed CoAP-based protocol, and analyzed the performance compared to existing HTTP/ XML-based OpenADR 2.0b protocol.
- O. Alliance, The OpenADR primer, ed: Technical report, 2012.
- D. Delphine, B. W. Jang, Y. S. Shin, S. T. Kang, and J. S. Choi, "Design and implementation of building energy management system with quality of experience power scheduling model to prevent the blackout in smart grid network," 16th Int. Conf. Advanced Commun. Technol., pp. 208-211, Pyeongchang, Feb. 2014.
- Information technology - Interconnection of information technology equipment - Home Electronic System - Application models - Part 3-3: Model of a system of interacting Energy Management Agents (EMAs) for demand response energy management, ISO/IEC 15067-3-3: CD N1857, 2017
- H. Lee, S. Oh, S. Ko, B. Lee, J. Nam, Y. Kim, and S. Lee, "Research on standard of internet of things for power and energy sectors," J. KICS, vol. 33, no. 12, pp. 12-21, Nov. 2016.
- Z. Shelby, K. Hartke, and C. Bormann, The constrained application protocol (CoAP), IETF, Jun. 2014.
- M. H. Albadi and E. F. El-Saadany, "A summary of demand response in electricity markets," Electric Power Syst. Res., vol. 78, no. 11, pp. 1989-1996, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsr.2008.04.002
- S. C. Kang and J. S. Choi, "Design and implementation of realtime demand and response gateway in smart home based on MQTT," in KICS Int. Conf. Commun., pp. 60-61, Jeju lsland Korea, Jun 2016.
- S. Y. Kim, B. W. Jang, and J. S. Choi, "Design and implementation of real time demand response protocol based on OpenADR," JCCI, Sokcho, Korea, Apr 2016.