- Volume 11 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Calibration Examination of Dose Area Product Meters using X-ray
X선을 이용한 면적선량계의 교정 연구
- Jung, Jae Eun (Department of Radiological Science, Daegu Health College) ;
- Won, Do-Yeon (Department of Radiological Science, Daegu Health College) ;
- Jung, Hong-Moon (Department of Radiological Science, Daegu Health College) ;
- Kweon, Dae Cheol (Department of Radiological Science, College of Health Science, Shinhan University)
- Received : 2017.02.10
- Accepted : 2017.02.28
- Published : 2017.02.28
We measured the absorbed dose and the area dose using an ionization chamber type of area dose product (DAP) meter and measured the calibration factor in the X-ray examination. In the indirect dose measurement method, the detector was installed in the radiation part of the X-ray equipment, and the measured value was calculated as the dose at the exposure part. The instrument used to calculate the calibration factor was an X-ray equipment (DK-550R / F, DongKang Medical Co., Ltd., Seoul, Korea). The calibration method for the calibration factor was to connect the DAP meter (PD-8100, Toreck Co. Ltd., Japan) to the calibration dosimeter tube voltage of 70 kV, tube current of 500 mA, 0.158 sec. The reference dosimeter used a semiconductor (DOSIMAX plus A, Scanditronix,
Absorbed dose;Calibration factor;Dose area product;X-ray
- N. A. Gkanatsios, W. Huda, K. R. Peters, "Effect of radiographic techniques (kVp and mAs) on image quality and patient doses in digital subtraction angiography," Medical Physics, Vol. 29, pp. 1643-1650, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1118/1.1493213
- A. A. Bankier, C. Schaefer-Prokop, V. De Maertelaer, D. Tack, P. Jaksch, W. Klepetko, P. A. Gecenosi, "Air trapping: comparison of standard-dose and simulate low-dose thin-section CT techniques," Radiology, Vol. 242, pp. 898-906, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2423060196
- T. Mori et al., "The Calculation and Measurement of an Entrances Surface Dose in Diagnostic X-ray]-, Ibaragiken Housyasen Gishikai, Committee of Radiation Protection (NDD group) in the Ibaragi branch of Japanese Society of Radiological Technology, 1984.
- S. C. Kim, C. Y. Kim, "Production and application of the dose calculation program which used MS Excel and bit system," Journal of Radiological Science and Technology, Vol. 32, No. 1. pp. 39-43, 2009.
- M. T. Crawley, S. Mutch, M. Nyekiova, C. Reddy, H. Weatherburn, "Calibration frequency of dose-area product meters,' The British Journal of Radioloy, Vol. 74, pp. 259-261, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1259/bjr.74.879.740259
- N. A. Costa, M. P. A. Potiens, "Calibration methodology application of kerma area product meters in situ: Preliminary results," Radiation Physics aned Chemistry, Vol. 104, pp. 201-203, 2014 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radphyschem.2014.03.004
- S. W. Kim, S. W. An, Y. H. Song, et al., Journal of Korean society of cardio-vascular interventional technology, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 126-134, 2011.
- Jae-Ho Choi, G. J. Kang, S. G. Chang, "Comparison on the dosimetry of TL D and PLD by dose area product," The Korea Contents Association, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 244-250, 2012.
- J. H. Son, K. W. Kim, "Comparisons and measurements the dose value using the semiconductor dosimeter and dose area product dosimeter in skull," Journal of Radiological Science and Technology, Vol. 38, No. 2, pp. 101-106, 2015. https://doi.org/10.17946/JRST.2015.38.2.03
- S. J. Choi, J. G. Kang, S. I. Kim, Y. H. Kim, D. G. Lee, J. G. Jung, A. A. Cho, J. H. Jang, D. C. Kweon, "A comparative study of CTDI and the effective dose and the SNR according to the area in the abdominal CT," Journal of Radiological Science and Technology, Vol. 38, No. 3, pp. 245-252, 2015. https://doi.org/10.17946/JRST.2015.38.3.08
- F. W. Schultz, J. Zoetelief, "Dose conversion coefficients for interventional procedure," Radiation Protection Dosimetry, Vol. 117, pp. 225-230, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1093/rpd/nci753