- Volume 21 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
간략하고 정확한 장방형 각형강관 가새부재 이력거동 예측 위한 해석모델
Simple and Accurate Analytical Model for Predicting Cyclic Behavior of Rectangular Steel HSS Braces
- Han, Sang Whan (Department of Architecture, Hanyang University) ;
- Sung, Min Soo (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Univ. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign) ;
- Mah, Dongjun (Department of Architecture, Hanyang University)
- 투고 : 2017.02.24
- 심사 : 2017.04.20
- 발행 : 2017.05.01
The objective of this study is to propose a simple and accurate analytical model for HSS braces. For this purpose, a physical theory model is adopted. Rectangular hollow section steel (HSS) braces are considered in this study. To accurately simulate the cyclic behavior of braces using the physical theory model, empirical equations calculating constituent parameters are implemented on the analytical model, which were proposed in the companion paper. The constituent parameters are cyclic brace growth, cyclic buckling load, and the incidence of local buckling and fracture. The analytical model proposed in this study was verified by comparing actual and simulated cyclic curves of brace specimens. It is observed that the proposed model accurately simulates the cyclic behavior of the braces throughout whole response range.
analytical model;physical theory;parameters;response;cyclic behavior
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 한국연구재단
- AISC. Specification for Structural Steel Buildings(ANSI/AISC 360-05). Chicago, IL. c2005.
- ASCE Standard, "Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures", ASCE /SEI 7-10. c2010.
- Black GR, Wenger BA, Popov EP. Inelastic Buckling of Steel Strut under Cyclic Load Reversals, UCB/EERC-80/40, Earthquake Engineering Research Center, Berkeley, CA. c1980.
- Bruneau M, Uang CM, Sabelli SR. Ductile design of steel structures. McGraw Hill Professional. c2011.
- Dicleli M, Calik EE. Physical theory hysteretic model for steel braces. Journal of structural engineering. 2008;134(7):1215-1228. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(2008)134:7(1215)
- Ding Z, Fouthch DA, Han SW. Fracture modeling of rectangular hollow section steel braces. Engineering journal. 2008;45(3):171-185.
- Fell BV, Kanvinde AM, Deierlein GG, Myers AT. Experimental investigation of inelastic cyclic buckling and fracture of steel braces. Journal of Structural Engineering. 2009;135(1):19-32. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(2009)135:1(19)
- Fujimoto M, Aoyagi T, Ukai WA, Saito K. Structural characteristic of eccentric K-braced frames. Transactions AIJ, No.195. c1972.
- Gugerli H, Goel SC. Inelastic cyclic behavior of steel bracing members. Rep. No. UMEE 82R1, Dept. of Civil Engineering, Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan. c1982.
- Han SW, Kim WT, Foutch DA. Seismic Behavior of HSS Bracing Members according to Width-Thickness Ratio under Symmetric Cyclic Loading. Journal of Structural Engineering. 2007;133(2):264-273. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(2007)133:2(264)
- Higginbothan AB, Hanson RD. Axial hysteretic behavior of steel members. Journal of the Structural Division. 1976;102(7):1365-1381.
- Ikeda K, Mahin SA. A refined physical theory model for predicting the seismic behavior of braced steel frames. Univ. of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA. c1984.
- Ikeda K, Mahin SA, Dermitzakis, SN. Phenomenological Modeling of Steel Braces Under Cyclic Loading. UCB/EERC-84/09, Earthquake Engineering Research Center, Berkeley, CA. c1984.
- Jain AK, Goel S. Hysteresis Models for Steel Members Subjected to Cyclic Buckling or Cyclic End Moments and Buckling-Users Guide for DRAIN-2D:EL9 AND EL10. UMEE 78R6, Univ. of Michigan, College of Engineering, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2125. c1978.
- Jain AK, Goel SC, Hanson RD. Hysteretic behavior of bracing members and seismic response of braced frames with different proportions. Research Report. No. UMEE 78R6, Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan. c1978.
- Jin, J, El-Tawil S. Inelastic cyclic model for steel braces. Journal of Engineering Mechanics. 2003;129(5):548-557. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9399(2003)129:5(548)
- Karamanci E, Lignos DG. Computational approach for collapse assessment of concentrically braced frames in seismic regions. Journal of Structural Engineering. 2014;140(8):A4014019.
- Kayvani K, Barzegar F. Hysteretic modeling of tubular members and offshore platforms. Eng. Struct. 1996;18(2):93-101. https://doi.org/10.1016/0141-0296(95)00062-3
- Lee S, Goel, SC. Seismic Behavior of Hollow and Concrete Filled Square Tubular Bracing Members. UMCE87-11, Univ. of Michigan, College of Engineering, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2125. c1987.
- Maison B, Popov EP. Cyclic response prediction for braced steel frames. J. Struct. Div. 1980;106(7):1401-1416.
- Mamaghani IHP. Inelastic cyclic analysis of steel braces. Proc. 33rd CSCE Annual Conf. GC-193-10. c2005.
- Mazzolani FM, Gioncu V. Seismic Resistant Steel Structures, Springer-Verlag Wien. c2000.
- Nonaka T. Formulation of inelastic bar under repeated axial and thermal loadings. Journal of engineering mechanics. 1987;113(11): 1647-1664. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9399(1987)113:11(1647)
- Nonaka T. Elastic-plastic bar under changes in temperature and axial load. Journal of Structural Engineering. 1989;115(12):3059-3075. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1989)115:12(3059)
- Shaback JB. Behavior of square HSS braces with end connections under reversed cyclic axial loading. Univ. of Calgary. c2001.
- Soroushian P, Alawa MS. Hysteretic modeling of steel struts: Refined physical theory approach. Journal of Structural Engineering. 1990;116(11):2903-2916. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1990)116:11(2903)
- Uriz P. Towards earthquake resistant design of concentrically braced steel structures. Ph.D. Dissertation, Dept. of Engineering-Civil and Environmental Engineering, Univ. of California, Berkeley, CA. 2005.
- Zayas AZ, Shing PB, Mahin SA, Popov EP. Inelastic Structural Modeling of Braced Offshore Platforms for Seismic Loading. Report No. UCB/EERC-81/04. Berkeley: Earthquake Engineering Research Center, Univ. of California. c1981.
- Jain AK, Goel SC, Hanson RD. Static and Dynamic Hysteresis Behavior of Steel Tubular Members with Welded Gusset Plates. Report No. UMEE 77R3, July. Ann Arbor: Dept. of Civil Engineering, Univ. of Michigan. c1997.