- Volume 21 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Hysteresis Characteristics of RC Exterior Beam-Column Joint Retrofitted with Haunch
헌치를 이용하여 보강된 RC 보-기둥 외부접합부의 반복이력 특성
- Lee, Young Wook (Department of Architecture & Building Engineering, Kunsan National University) ;
- Park, Hyeong Kyeon (Deadeulbo Structural Engineering Co.)
- Received : 2017.02.07
- Accepted : 2017.04.06
- Published : 2017.05.01
To investigate the cyclic characteristics of the retrofitted exterior joints of RC frame with haunch, 70% scaled 6 beam-column exterior joint subassemblies were designed according to design guideline according to 1988 and tested with cyclic loading up to 3.5% story drift ratio. During the experiments axial forces are applied to columns to simulate gravity load. Experimental results shows that the strength of retrofitted specimens was increased steadily until 2.5% story drift ratio and their strengths increased more than 1.7 times of the non-retrofitted in case that main bar was bent away from exterior joint. The joint strength and effective stiffness of the retrofitted specimen was increased and results in more deformation capacity compared to the non-retrofitted.
RC;Exterior Beam-Column Joint;Haunch;Hysteresis;Retrofit
- Beres A, El-Borgi S, White RN, Gergely P, Experimental results of repaired and retrofitted beam-coulumn joint tests in lightly reinforced concrete frame buildings, Technical Report NCEER-92-0025 1992; NCEER. c1992.
- Hoffmann GW, Kunnath SK, Reinhorn AM, Mander JB, Gravityload-designed reinforced concrete Buildings: Seismic evaluation of existing construction and detailing strategies for improved seismic resistance. Technical Report NCEER-92-0016 1992; NCEER. c1992.
- Calvi GM, Magenes G, Pampanin S. Experimental test on a three story RC frame designed for gravity only. Elsevier Science Ltd. 12th European Conference on Earthquake Engineering 2001; Paper Reference 727. c2001.
- Priestley MJN. Displacement Based Seismic Assessment of Existing Reinforced Concrete Moment Resisting Frames. Pacific Conference of Earthquake Engineering. 1995 Nov;2:225-244.
- Lee YW, Park HK, Experiment on the Capacity of Exterior Joint of Non-seismic Designed RC Frame in Korea. EESK J. Earthquake Eng. 2010 Aug;14(4):29-36.
- FEMA. Prestandard and commentary for the seismic rehabilitation of buildings (FEMA 356). c2000.
- Pampanin S, Constantin C, Chen TH. Development and validation of a metallic haunch seismic retrofit solution for existing underdesigned RC frame buildings Earthquake Engineering Structutural Dynamics 2006;35:1739-1766. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.600
- Ministry of Construction. RC structural design guideline by strength design method. c1998.
- Ministry of Land. Infrastructure and Transport. Korea Building Code. c2016.
- Park R, Paulay T. Reinforced Concrete Structures. John Wiley & Sons. c1975.