- Volume 33 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Quality Characteristics of Korean Rice Cake by Freezing Methods
냉동 방법에 따른 떡의 품질특성 변화
- Lee, Hye-Jin ;
- Ku, Su-Kyung ;
- Choi, Hee-Don ;
- Park, Jong-Dae ;
- Sung, Jung-Min ;
- Kim, Young-Boong ;
- Choi, Hyun-Wook ;
- Choi, Yun-Sang
- Received : 2016.12.29
- Accepted : 2017.02.26
- Published : 2017.04.30
Purpose: Frozen Korean traditional rice cakes (Sulgitteok and Garaetteok) were evaluated different conditions (
Sulgitteok;Garaetteok;magnetic resonance quick freezing;air blast freezing;textural properties
- AOAC. 2000. Official methods of analysis. 17th ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists. Washington DC, USA. pp 33-36.
- Baker LA, Rayas-Duarte P. 1998. Retrogradation of amaranth starch at different storage temperature and the effect of salt and sugars. Cereal Chem 75(3):308-314. https://doi.org/10.1094/CCHEM.1922.214.171.1248
- Biliaderis C. 1990. Thermal analysis of food carbohydrates. pp 168-220. In: Thermal analysis of foods. Harwalkar VR, Ma CY (eds.). Elsevier Applied Science Publishers, Barking, UK.
- Byun JI. 2014. Effect of casein and agar on quality characteristic depending on cold storage period of Topokki garaedduk. Keimyung University, Deagu, Korea. p 3.
- Iwasaka M, Onishi M, Kurita S, Owada N. 2011. Effects of pulsed magnetic fields on the light scattering property of the freezing process of aqueous solutions. J Appl Phys 109(7):07E320-323. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.3556776
- Jung KM, An HJ. 2012. Effects of oyster mushroom on quality of Sulgidduk and Gyeongdan. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 41(9):1294-1300. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2012.41.9.1294
- Kang HJ, Lee JK, Lim JK. 2012. Quality characteristics of Topokki garaedduk with different moisture ratios. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 41(4):561-565. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2012.41.4.561
- Kang KJ, Kim K, Lee SK, Kim SK. 1997. Relationship between molecular structure of acid hydrolyzed rice starch and retrogradation. Korean J Food Sci Technol 29(5):876-881.
- Kim BW, Yoon SJ, Jang MS. 2005. Effects of addition Baekbokryung (White Poria cocos Wolf) powder on the quality characteristics of Sulgidduk. Korean J Food Cook Sci 21(6):895-907.
- Kim DH. 1992. Sikpumhwahak [Food chemistry]. Tamgudang, Seoul, Korea. pp 300-307.
- Kim KS. 1987. Scientific study for the standardization of the preparation methods for Paeksolgi (I). J Korean Home Econ Assoc 25(2):79-87.
- Kim MY, Chun SS. 2009. Changes in shelf-life, water activity, and texture of rye-wheat mixed bread with naturally fermented raisin extract and rye sourdough during storage. Korean J Food Cook Sci 25(2):170-179.
- Kim SI, An MJ, Han YS, Pyeun JH. 1993. Sensory and instrumental texture properties of rice cakes according to the addition of Songpy (pine tree endodermis) or Mosipul (China grass leave). J Korean Soc Food Nutr 22(5):603-610.
- Kim SS, Chung HY. 2007a. Effects of carbohydrate materials on retarding retrogradation of a Korean rice cake (Karedduk). J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 36(10):1320-1325. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2007.36.10.1320
- Kim SS, Chung HY. 2007b. The texture and descriptive sensory characteristics of a Korean rice cake (Karedduk) with added emulsifier. Korean J Food Nutr 20(4):427-432.
- Kim YB, Woo SM, Jeong JY, Ku SK, Jeong JW, Kum JS, Kim EM. 2013. Temperature changes during freezing and effect of physicochemical properties after thawing on meat by air blast and magnetic resonance quick freezing. Korean J Food Sci Anim Resour 33(6):763-771. https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2013.33.6.763
- Koh BK. 1999. Development of the method to extend shelf life of Backsulgie with enzyme treatment. Korean J Soc Food Sci 15(5):533-538.
- Kum JS, Lee SH, Lee HY, Lee C. 1996. Retrogradation behavior of rice starches differing in amylose content and gel consistency. Korean J Food Sci Technol 28(6):1052-1058.
- Lee CH, Han O, Kum JS, Bak KH, Yoo BK. 1995. Changes in the physicochemical properties of Korean rice cake by the addition of gelatinized rice flour. Korean J Diet Cult 10(2): 101-106.
- Lee CH, Maeng YS. 1987. A literature review on Korean rice-cakes. Korean J Diet Cult 2(2):117-132.
- Lee HK, Hwang IG, Kim HY, Woo KS, Lee SH, Woo SH, Lee JS, Jeong HS. 2010. Physicochemical characteristic and antioxidant activities of cereals and legumes in Korea. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 39(9):1399-1404. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2010.39.9.1399
- Lee JW, Bae IY, Kim HS, Oh IK, Kim MH, Han GJ, Lee HG. 2013. Effect of barley flour on texture and sensory characteristics of Garraedduk prepared by retrogradation-retardation technology. Food Eng Prog 17(3):219-225. https://doi.org/10.13050/foodengprog.2013.17.3.219
- Li B, Sun DW. 2002. Novel methods of rapid freezing and thawing of foods -A review. J Food Eng 54(3):175-182. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0260-8774(01)00209-6
- Mun SH, Kim JO, Lee SK, Shin MS. 1996. Retrogradation of sucrose fatty acid ester and soybean oil added rice flour gels. Korean J Food Sci Technol 28(2):305-310.
- Park HY, Kim BW, Jang MS. 2008. The effects of added barley (Hordeum vulgare L.) sprout powder on the quality and preservation of Sulgidduk. Korean J Food Cook Sci 24(4): 487-493.
- Park YK, Kim HS, Park HY, Han GJ, Kim MH. 2011. Retarded retrogradation effect of Garaetteok with apple pomace dietary fiber powder. Korean J Food Cult 26(4):400-408.
- Park YM. 2014. A study on the quality characteristics of Sulgitteok, Injulmi and baked rice cake using dry rice powder. Doctorate dissertation. Kyunghee University, Seoul, Korea. pp 85-96.
- Song JC, Park HJ. 2003. Effect of starch degradation enzymes on the retrogradation of a Korean rice cakes. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 32(8):1262-1269. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2003.32.8.1262
- Wootton M, Bamunuarachchi A. 1980. Application of differential scanning calorimetry to starch gelatinization. III. Effect of sucrose and sodium chloride. Starch-Starke 32(4):126-129. https://doi.org/10.1002/star.19800320408
- Yim KY, Kim SH. 1988. A survey on the utilization of Korean rice-cakes and the evaluation about their commercial products by housewives. Korean J Diet Cult 3(2):163-175.
- Yoon SJ, Oh IS. 2014. Usage status of traditional rice cake as a meal substitute and analysis on the selection attributes affecting purchase. Korean J Culin Res 20(2):38-53.
- A study of the quality characteristics of frozen Korean rice cake by using different thawing methods vol.27, pp.5, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10068-018-0376-3
- Study on Quality Changes according to Thawing Conditions of Frozen Sulgidduk vol.34, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2018.34.3.272
Supported by : Korea Food Research Institute (KFRI), Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs