- Volume 24 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Analysis of Paradigm Change in Common Space of High School - Focused on High Schools selected as Excellent School Facilities -
고등학교 공용공간의 패러다임 변화 분석 - 우수시설학교로 지정된 고등학교를 중심으로 -
- Shin, Ji-Eun (Dept. of Architecture, Hanyang Univ.) ;
- Whang, Hee-Joon (Dept. of Architecture, Hanyang Univ.)
- Received : 2017.11.07
- Accepted : 2017.11.20
- Published : 2017.11.30
This study analyzes the common space of the high schools before and after the decade of 2009 which starts Subject-centered clusters school plan, and proposes the direction of common space planning for the future. Based on the floor plans of high schools awarded as excellent school facilities every year, first, types and numbers of common space, second, area ratio between common space and program space and also moving space and staying space, third, space connections were analyzed for tracking the change of the relationship between common, staying and program spaces. The study results demonstrated that types, numbers and area ratio of the common space were increased as the years go on. Especially, the area ratio of staying space was dramatically increased after 2009 and this result was caused by the home-base, alcove space, and hall that were adopted for subject-centered clusters planning after 2009. Connecting diagram of staying area and program spaces also shows the spaces related to staying area were changed from a classrooms and administrative office etc. to a library, gym, and seminar rooms etc. In case of staying area, it would have a value as a common space for various student activities such as group activities, meetings, and multi-uses. Because student activities would be changed and encouraged depending on the location, sizes and program spaces around staying area, it should be emphasized that the planning for staying area is critical for future school design.
- Kim, Byung-Joon, Development and Validation of the Korean Version of the Physical Self - Description Questionnaire, Journal of Korean Society of Sport Psychology, 12(2), pp.69-990, 2001.
- Kim, Su-Mi and Shim, Woo-Gab, A Study on the Utilization Ways and Planning Characteristics Common Spaces in Commercial Multi-Complexes in Korea, Journal of The Architectural Institute of Korea, 25(5), pp.13-22. 2012.
- Lee, Kyoung-Sook, A study on Communicative Compatibility of Public Spaces in Middle School Buildings, Korea National University of Education, 2016.
- Lim, Jae-Ok, A Study on the Methods of Using School Space for Students' Club Activity : Focused on middle and high schools in Seoul, Korea National University of Education, 2013.
- Mun, Jae-Eun and Lee, Kyung-Sun, A study on the Human Sensibility Space Types of Elementary Public Space - Focusing on the cases of schools in northern Europe, Journal of The Architectural Institute of Korea, 31(10), pp.23-32, 2015.
- Park, Jong-Rae, A Elementary school Proposal by the Analysis of Common space, Gwangju University, 2009
- Son, Ji-Hye and Yang, Nae-Won, A Study on the Change of Paradigm and Analysis of Qualitative Space in Public Space, Journal of Korean Institute of Interior Design, 23(6), pp.212-220, 2014.
- Song, Hee-Sook, A Study on The Effects of Club Activities on High School Students' Satisfaction with their School Life, Education Inha University, 2002.
- Yoon, Dong-Min, A study on the Concept of Architectural Publicness in the Planning Elements of Common space in Middle and High schools, Daejin University, 2012.