- Volume 21 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Infection management for emergency rescue equipment
119 구급대의 구급장비 감염 관리와 실태조사
- Received : 2017.03.06
- Accepted : 2017.04.17
- Published : 2017.04.30
Purpose: This study investigated the use of infection management and the frequency of emergency equipment sterilization by emergency rescue crews to provide basic guidelines and suggestions for infection control. Methods: A self-reported questionnaire was completed by 160 emergency medical technician rescue crews in J area from May 7 to May 22 in 2015. The questionnaire consisted of 95 items, including the general characteristics of the subjects (8 items), the use of emergency equipment (33 items), the frequency of facility sterilization (33 items), infection control (12 items), vaccination (4 items), and the use of personal protective equipment (5 items). Results: In all, 97.3% of respondents were aware of the "Guidelines of Infection management for Rescue Operators' and 90.9% received training on infection control. A total of 72.7% and 47.3% of rescue centers were equipped with disinfection facilities and laundry rooms, respectively. The average frequency of sterilization was
Emergency medical technicians;Emergency equipment;Infection
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. Available at: http://www.cdc.go.kr/CDC/cms/content/33/63033_view.html, 2016.
- JoongAng Ilbo. Available at: http://article.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=17941771&cloc=olink|article|default, 2015.
- Limmer D, O'keefe MF, Michael F, Grant H, Murray B, Bergeron JD, et al. Emergency care. 13th ed, New Jersey : Pearson Education, 2016. 31-34.
- Park JM. Comparison study of positive rates according to the methods of ELA, RHA and PHA in detecting of HBsAg, Anti-HBs among 199 emergency medical technicians. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 1997;1(1):20-7.
- Yang SA. Factors affecting the nursing intention of nurses for AIDS patients. J Digital Policy & Management 2013;11(12):673-83. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.12.673 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.12.673
- Jones JS, Hoerle D, Riekse R. Stethoscopes: A potential vector of infection? Ann Emerg Med 1995;26(3):296-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0196-0644(95)70075-7
- Eibicht SJ, Vogel U. Meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) contaminiation of ambulance cars after short term transport of MRSA-colonised patients is restricted to the stretcher. J Hosp Infect 2011;78(3):221-5. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhin.2011.01.015 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhin.2011.01.015
- Noh H. Ambulance infection condition and firefighter risk of infection. Proceedings of 2010 Annual Conference. Ann Occup Environ Med 2010;45:196-201.
- Jeonbuk Fire Safety Headquarters. Standard operation procedure(SOP) for disaster field. Available at: http://www.sobang.kr/board/view.sko?boardId=sobang_notice&menuCd=AA04001000000&dataSid=9667, 2011.
- Yun HW, Jung JY. A study on the level of recognition and practices of 119 emergency medical technician about infection control. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2008;12(3):99-113.
- Jeong JY, Keong EK, Yun HY. Infection control awareness and practice for clothing management in 119 emergency medical technicians. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2014;18(2):21-33. https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2014.18.2.021 https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2014.18.2.021
- Cho WM. A level of awareness and practice of 119 emergency medical technician about infection control. Unpublished master's thesis, Kongju University 2008, Gongju, Korea.
- Lee HJ, Lee KY. Paramedic students' awareness and performance of infection control on ambulance attendant training. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2016;20(2):21-35. https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2016.20.2.021 https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2016.20.2.021
- Jang HY, Han MA, Park J, Ryu SY. Associated factors with the performance of infection control among 119 rescue crews. J Korean Soc Emerg Med 2015:26(3):232-9.
- Lee KY, Yun SW. Prehospital care of 119 EMT for non-traumatic cardiac arrest and improvement increase advanced care rate. Fire Sci & Eng 2011;25(5):21-31.
- Hong SY, Kwon YS, Park HO. Nursing students' awareness and performance on standard precautions of infection control in the hospital. J Korean Acad Soc Nurs Edu 2012;18(2):293-302. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2012.18.2.293 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2012.18.2.293
- Gyeonggi Province News Portal. Available at: http://gnews.gg.go.kr/news/news_detail.asp?number=201610220016587055C048&s_code=C048, 2016.