- Volume 21 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Meta-analysis of the effects of cardiopulmonary resuscitation training
심폐소생술 교육 효과에 대한 메타분석 연구
- Yoou, Soon-Kyu (Department of Emergency Medical Services, Eulji University) ;
- Lee, Ji-Eun (Department of Emergency Medical Services, Eulji University)
- Received : 2017.03.17
- Accepted : 2017.04.17
- Published : 2017.04.30
Purpose: This study aimed to identify the effects of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) training using a meta-analysis by effect size. Methods: The effect sizes for each variable and the overall effect size for the collected data were identified. The homogeneity verification of the effect size and the difference among the average effect sizes for each mediation variable were determined. Results: The overall average effect size for CPR training was 1.747. Homogeneity verification of the overall effect size was a Q-value of 3716.962, which was statistically significant (p=.000) when
- Statistics Korea. Cause-specific death statistics. Available at: http://kosis.kr, 2015.
- Ministry of Health & Welfare. A survey on sudden cardiac arrest. Available at: http://kosis.kr/statHtml/statHtml.do?orgId=117&tblId=DT_11788N_011&conn_path=I3, 2012.
- National Emergency Medical Center. Result report on the pilot project of smart advanced life support of emergency medical technician. Available at: http://www.e-gen.or.kr/nemc/business_others.do, 2015.
- Hwang SD. Easy to understand of meta-analysis. Hakjisa, 2014. 26-69.
- Issenberg SB, McGaghie WC, Petrusa ER, Gordon DL, Scalese RJ. Features and uses of high-fidelity medical simulations that lead to effective learning: a BEME systematic review. Med Teach 2005;27(1):10-28. https://doi.org/10.1080/01421590500046924 https://doi.org/10.1080/01421590500046924
- Muller K. Statistical power analysis for the behavioral sciences. Technometrics 1989;31(4): 499-500. https://doi.org/10.2307/1270020 https://doi.org/10.2307/1270020
- Orwin RG. A fail-safe N for effect size in meta-analysis. J Educ Statistics 1983;8(2):157-9. https://doi.org/10.2307/1164923 https://doi.org/10.2307/1164923
- Lee EO, Song HH, Lee BS, Kim JH, Lee EH, Lee EJ, et al. Effects of nursing interventions on anxiety and / or stress : a meta-analysis. J Nurs Acad Soc 1992;22(4):526-51. http://doi.org/10.4040/jnas.19220.127.116.116 https://doi.org/10.4040/jnas.1918.104.22.1686
- Korean Association of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation. BLS instructor guideline. Available at: http://www.kacpr.org/, 2017.
- Hong BS. Comparison of effect cardiopulmonary resuscitation training in accordance with the education methods. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Gachon University 2015, Incheon, Korea.
- Kwon YS. The comparison of effectiveness in basic life support education between elementary school students and high school student. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Ulsan University 2005, Ulsan, Korea.
- Kim HJ, Lim DS, Lee JO, Lee MK, Kim KY, Lee KS, et al. Selection of target age for school education of cardiopulmonary resuscitation using video self-instruction program. J Korean Soc Emerg Med 2007;18(3):196-201.
- Lee BC, Lee MJ, Shin SJ, Ryoo HW, Kim JK, Park JB, et al. The current status of cardiopulmonary resuscitation training for school. J Korean Soc Emerg Med 2012;23(4):470-8.
- Predicting Factors on Performance Confidence of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation in Community Members vol.19, pp.9, 2018, https://doi.org/10.9728/dcs.2018.19.9.1699