- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Purchasing Behavior of Cosmetics of Chinese Women Depending on Their Complex Purchasing Tendencies
중국여성들의 복합적 구매성향에 따른 화장품 구매행태
- Jang, Hye-Jung (Dep.of Beauty Arts, Seokyeong University Seoul) ;
- You, Eun-Kyung (Dep.of Global Tourism Management, Shinhan University) ;
- Kwon, Hye-Jin (Dep. of Chemical Engineering, Soongsil University)
- Received : 2017.03.01
- Accepted : 2017.04.20
- Published : 2017.04.28
This study conducted a survey on 319 Chinese women in their 20s to 50s living in three large cities in China, with an aim to analyze the influence on the purchasing behavior and satisfaction for Korean cosmetics depending on their complex purchasing tendencies. According to the research, the rational tendency was higher when the subjects were over 40 years old and married, and the impulsive tendency was the highest in those in their 30s. There was no huge difference in regions depending on the two tendencies, while there were statistically significant differences in purchasing period, times and costs when buying cosmetics. In addition, purchasing satisfaction for cosmetics had a positive correlation with purchasing tendencies. The subjects pursued convenience in purchasing as their rational tendency was higher, while they sought the trends as their impulsive tendency was higher. Based on the results, it is expected to maximize purchasing satisfaction of Chinese female consumers depending on their purchasing tendencies, if the Korean cosmetics makers provide reliable quality assurance, product exchange and customer management services. It is also expected to help revitalize the beauty market for China as well as Southeast Asia, if the Korean cosmetics companies implement differentiated marketing strategies targeting the customers in the age group with the impulsive consumption tendency.
Internet shopping mall;Chinese consumers;Purchase propensity;Purchase behavior;Korean Cosmetics
Supported by : 신한대학교
- Myung-hee Kim, "The Purchasing Behaviors and Brand Switching Motives according to the Shopping Orientations of Cosmeceuticals", Master of Kyunghee University. 2012.
- Chae-young Park, "A Study on the Effects of Cosmetics Type on Brand Loyalty" Master of Hongik University. 2011.
- Eun-hee Lee, "A Study on Chinese Consumers' Interest in Skin Care and Their Preference for Korean Cosmetics", Master of Gachon University. 2012.
- Mong-roh Joo, "A Study of Purchasing Behavior of Korean Cosmetics through Internet Shopping Malls", Master of Sehan University. 2013.
- Eun-ryung Joo, "A study on the Purchasing Patterns of Cosmetics through Electronic Commerce on the Internet", Master of Sungshin Women's University. 2009.
- Joo Yang, "Analysis between Consumption Trends of Consumer in China and Design Marketing", Master of Wonkwang University. 2011.
- Ye Joo, "A Research on Internet Consumer's Fashion Product Purchase Behavior according to Shopping Orientation between Korea and China", Master of Hanyang University. 2013.
- ZhangYuxing, "A study on the Entry Strategy for Korean Cosmetics to Chinese Market", Master of Sejong University. 2013.
- Yong-chun Hwang, "The Effects of National Image and Product Image on Consumer Attitude and Purchase Intention: Focused on Korean Cosmetics Consumers in Chinese Shijiazhuang city" Master of Gachon University. 2008.
- Chu-yang Ho, "Marketing Promotion Measures for the Korean Cosmetics Firms towards the Chinese Market", Master of Soonchunhyang University. 2013.
- Eun-Hee Lee, " A study on Chinese consumers' interest in skincare and their preference for Korean cosmetics" Master of Gacheon Univ. 2012.
- Soo-youn Wei, "The Effect of Chinese Internet Fashion Consumer's Information Search and Buying Tendency on Repurchase and Word of Mouth Intention" Master of Chung-Ang Univ. 2011.
- H. J. Shin, J. D. Kim, "Purchasing Behavior and Orientation of Cosmetic Consumers by Age Group", Journal of Kor. Soc. Cosm. Vol. 13, No. 3, p.1130-1146, 2007.
- ZHANG XIN, "The Effect of Consumption Propensity of Chinese Tourists on Purchasing Attitude for Luxury Brands", Master of SejongUniv. 2016.
- J. H. Jung, Y. X. Yang, H. R. Park, "Differences in Clothing Purchasing Type through Internet Shopping Mall according to Shopping Orientation between Korean and Chinese College Students" Journal of Society of korea Design Trend, Vol. 36, No. 2, pp.55-68, 2012.
- Su-Ha Park, Hye-Jin Kwon, "Customers' Recognition and Satisfaction about Cosmeceuticals", Journal of digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 459-464, 2017. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.2.459
- Young-Mok Choi, "Managerial Stock Ownership and Debt Maturity: Evidence from Chinese Firms", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 71-76, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.1.071