- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Comparisons of Physical Activity and Sedentary Life according to Health and Obesity Level
대사적 건강 및 비만상태에 따른 신체활동과 좌식생활의 차이 비교
- Sa, Seok-Eun (Gangneung-wonju National University) ;
- Kim, Won-Hyun (Daeduk College) ;
- Jo, Kyu-Kwon (Gangneung-wonju National University) ;
- Lee, Ji-Young (Gangneung-wonju National University)
- Received : 2017.02.28
- Accepted : 2017.04.20
- Published : 2017.04.28
The purpose of this study was to investigate difference of Physical Activity and Sedentary Life according to Health and Obesity status. A total of 4,783 adults participated in this study. The subjects were divided to four group(metabolically healthy normal weight; MHNW, metabolically unhealthy normal weight; MUNW, metabolically healthy obesity; MHO, metabolically unhealthy obesity; MUO) and analyzed clinical character, physical activity, and sedentary life time. As results, Compared with MHNW, MHO was higher physical activity and sedentary time but there was no notable differences. Compared with MHNW, MUNW was higher physical activity and lower sedentary time but there was no notable differences. Compared with MUNW, MHO was lower physical activity and sedentary time but there was no notable differences. In conclusion, we suggest that MHO has high physical activity comparing nomal weight group relatively.
- Van Gaal, L. F., Mertens, I. L., & Christophe, E., "Mechanisms linking obesity with cardiovascular disease. Nature", 444(7121), 875-880, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1038/nature05487
- Ekelund, U., Besson, H., Luan, J., May, A.M., Sharp, S.J., Brage, S., Travier, N., Agudo, A., Slimani, N., "Physical activity and gain in abdominal adiposity and body weight: prospective cohort study in 288,498 men and women", Am. J. Clin. Nutr., 93(4):826-35, 2011. https://doi.org/10.3945/ajcn.110.006593
- Stefan, N., Kantartzis, K., Machann, J., Schick, F., Thamer, C., Rittig, K., Häring, H. U., "Identification and characterization of metabolically benign obesity in humans. Archives of internal medicine", 168(15), 1609-1616, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1001/archinte.168.15.1609
- Wildman, R. P., Muntner, P., Reynolds, K., McGinn, A. P., Rajpathak, S., Wylie-Rosett, J., Sowers, M. R., "The obese without cardiometabolic risk factor clustering and the normal weight with cardiometabolic risk factor clustering: prevalence and correlates of 2 phenotypes among the US population(NHANES 1999-2004)", Archives of internal medicine, 168(15), 1617-1624, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1001/archinte.168.15.1617
- Lee, K., "Metabolically obese but normal weight (MONW) and metabolically healthy but obese (MHO) phenotypes in Koreans: characteristics and health behaviors", Asia Pacific journal of clinical nutrition, 18(2), 280, 2009.
- Hamer, M., Stamatakis, E., "Metabolically healthy obesity and risk of all-cause and cardiovascular disease mortality", The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 97(7), 2482-2488, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2011-3475
- Hinnouho, G. M., Czernichow, S., Dugravot, A., Batty, G. D., Kivimaki, M., Singh-Manoux, A., "Metabolically Healthy Obesity and Risk of Mortality Does the definition of metabolic health matter?", Diabetes care, 36(8), 2294-2300, 2013. https://doi.org/10.2337/dc12-1654
- Soriguer, F., Gutierrez-Repiso, C., Rubio-Martin, E., Garcia-Fuentes, E., Almaraz, M. C., Colomo, N., Valdes, S., "Metabolically healthy but obese, a matter of time? Findings from the prospective Pizarra study", The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 98(6), 2318-2325, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2012-4253
- Meigs, J. B., Wilson, P. W., Fox, C. S., Vasan, R. S., Nathan, D. M., Sullivan, L. M., D'Agostino, R. B., "Body mass index, metabolic syndrome, and risk of type 2 diabetes or cardiovascular disease", The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 91(8), 2906-2912, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2006-0594
- Pajunen, P., Kotronen, A., Korpi-Hyovalti, E., Keinanen-Kiukaanniemi, S., Oksa, H., Niskanen, L., Uusitupa, M., "Metabolically healthy and unhealthy obesity phenotypes in the general population: the FIN-D2D Survey", BMC public health, 11(1), 1, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2458-11-1
- Velho, S., Paccaud, F., Waeber, G., Vollenweider, P., Marques-Vidal, P., "Metabolically healthy obesity: different prevalences using different criteria", European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 64(10), 1043-1051. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1038/ejcn.2010.114
- Camhi, S. M., Waring, M. E., Sisson, S. B., Hayman, L. L., Must, A., "Physical activity and screen time in metabolically healthy obese phenotypes in adolescents and adults", Journal of obesity, 2013.
- Bopp, M., Kaczynski, A. T., & Campbell, M. E., "Health-related factors associated with mode of travel to work. Journal of environmental and public health", 2013.
- Ostergaard, L., Grontved, A., Borrestad, L. A., Froberg, K., Gravesen, M., Andersen, L. B., "Cycling to school is associated with lower BMI and lower odds of being overweight or obese in a large population-based study of Danish adolescents", J. Phys. Act. Health, 9(5), 617-625, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1123/jpah.9.5.617
- Furie, G. L., Desai, M. M., "Active transportation and cardiovascular disease risk factors in US adults", American journal of preventive medicine, 43(6), 621-628, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2012.06.034
- Phillips, C. M., Dillon, C., Harrington, J. M., McCarthy, V. J., Kearney, P. M., Fitzgerald, A. P., Perry, I. J., "Defining metabolically healthy obesity: role of dietary and lifestyle factors", PLoS One, 8(10), e76188, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0076188
- Wilmot, E. G., Edwardson, C. L., Achana, F. A., Davies, M. J., Gorely, T., Gray, L. J., ... & Biddle, S. J., "Sedentary time in adults and the association with diabetes, cardiovascular disease and death: systematic review and meta-analysis", Diabetologia, 55, 2895-2905, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00125-012-2677-z
- Nesto, R. W., "Obesity: a major component of the metabolic syndrome", Texas Heart Institute Journal, 32(3), 387., 2005.
- Messier, V., Karelis, A. D., Prud'homme, D., Primeau, V., Brochu, M., & Rabasa‐Lhoret, R. "Identifying metabolically healthy but obese individuals in sedentary postmenopausal women", Obesity, 18(5), 911-917, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1038/oby.2009.364
- Gill, J.M., Al-Mamari, A., Ferrell, W.R., Cleland, S.J., Perry, C.G., Sattar, N., Packard, C.J., Caslake, M.J., Petrie, J.R., "Effect of prior moderate exercise on postprandial metabolism in men with type 2 diabetes: heterogeneity of responses" Atherosclerosis, 194(1):134-43, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atherosclerosis.2006.10.007
- Hankinson, A. L., Daviglus, M. L., Horn, L. V., Chan, Q., Brown, I., Holmes, E., Stamler, J. "Diet composition and activity level of at risk and metabolically healthy obese American adults", Obesity, 21(3), 637-643, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1002/oby.20257
- Sea-hyun Bae, "Convergence analysis of Body Composition and Balance after 6 Week Combined Exercise in 20's Obese Women", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8. No. 1, pp. 231-238, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.1.231
- Prince, S.A., Adamo, K.B., Hamel, M.E., Hardt, J., Gorber, S.C., Tremblay, M., "A comparison of direct versus self-report measures for assessing physical activity in adults: a systematic review", International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity, 5(1), 56, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1186/1479-5868-5-56
- Bell, J. A., Hamer, M., van Hees, V. T., Singh-Manoux, A., Kivimäki, M., Sabia, S., "Healthy obesity and objective physical activity", The American journal of clinical nutrition, 102(2), 268-275, 2015. https://doi.org/10.3945/ajcn.115.110924
- Ortega, F. B., Lee, D. C., Katzmarzyk, P. T., Ruiz, J. R., Sui, X., Church, T. S., Blair, S. N., "The intriguing metabolically healthy but obese phenotype: cardiovascular prognosis and role of fitness", European Heart Journal, 34(5), 389-397, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehs174
- Yong-Soo Lee, "The Effect of Public Health Center Program participation on Metabolic Syndrome and Risk of Disease in Middle-aged and Elderly Women", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7. No. 6, pp. 317-325, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.6.317