- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Usability Evaluation of ICloud Calendar and Naver Calendar -Focused on Mobile Application-
iCloud 캘린더와 네이버 캘린더의 사용성 평가 -모바일 애플리케이션을 중심으로-
- Yoon, Kahee (Dept. of Digital Media Design, Hongik University, International Design School for Advanced Studies) ;
- Kim, Seung-In (Digital Media Design, Hongik University, International Design School for Advanced Studies)
- Received : 2016.12.23
- Accepted : 2017.04.20
- Published : 2017.04.28
Since usage of smartphone becomes popular, Ecology of smart media based on smartphone is creating new ecological system of information. This research is for evaluating usability and sustainability of application due to development of smartphone usage in these days. For the research, precedent researches were analyzed and hypothesis were set up based on those researches. Then, iCloud Calendar and Never Calendar, which are two major calendar applications, were evaluated by in-depth interview and measuring task performance time of interviewees, and used these results to verify hypothesis. Then verify hypothesis through the research and analyze which type of users focus on aesthetic impression, and which users focus on usability and practicality. This research is to analyze success and failure points of Calendar Applications' user experience design, and suggests guideline for future transformation of offline to online.
Application;Usability evaluation;Value evaluation;In-depth interview;Continuance of user
- Han Kyu Cho, http://www.segye.com/content/html/2014/03/21/20140321004176.html, (March 21, 2014)
- Seong-Su Kim, Kyeong-Seok Han, Byong-Soo Kim, Su-Kyung Park, Sang-Keun Ahn, "An Empirical Study on Users' Intention to Use Mobile Applications", Journal of Korean Institute of Information Technology, Vol. 9, No.8, pp. 213-228, 2011.
- Gartner, "Gartner Says Consumers Will Spend $2.1 Trillion on Technology Products and Services Worldwide in 2012", http://www.gartner.com/it/page.jsp?id=2094015 (July 26, 2012)
- Jae Hee Lee, Hye In Shin, Seung In Kim, "Comparison Analysis of Visual Interface Design of Local Application Mobile aviation Services - Focus on the Comparison between the Korean air and Asiana Airlines" Journal of Digital Design, Vol.14, No.3, pp. 175-184, 2014. https://doi.org/10.17280/jdd.2014.14.3.018
- Gyung Mi Kwon, Ah Rham Kim, Seung In Kim, "The Activation Methods of Mobile Service through Usability Testing - Focus on Comparison Mobile Application YES24 and KYOBO Bookstores" Journal of Digital Design, Vol.14, No.3, pp.391-399, 2014. https://doi.org/10.17280/jdd.2014.14.3.039
- Young Kyun Choi, Research of Advertisement of Smartphone Application and its profit, p.109-111, Korea Broadcasting Advertising Corporation 2010.
- Seula-A Choi, Mi-Hee Hong, "Research for the satisfaction of social network service - Functional elements of Instagram and Facebook", Cartoon & Animation Studies, pp. 423-442, 2015.
- Ju Hwan Park, Sung Ho Han, Jae Hyun Park, Won Kyu Park, Hyun Kyung Kim, Sang Woo Hong, "Comparison of Usability Evaluation Methods for Mobile Application" Eromonomics Society of Korea, pp.154-157, 2012.
- Sungmin Hong, Hyunsuk Kim, Hyeyoung Eun, Kwangyong Jeong, "Desirability of mobile applications affected by different cultural attributes Focused on comparison of mobile applications in Korea and US" The HCI Society of Korea, pp. 702-705, 2011.
- Peter Morville, Semantic Studio User Experience Design, http://semanticstudios.com
- Min-Jae Choi, "A study on the effect of motivations for using smart media on using application" Korean Journal of Communication & Information, pp.52-73, 2013.
- B. Shakel, "Usability - context, framework, design and evaluation. Human Factors for Informatics Usability. Cambridge University Press", 1991.
- Sohee Youn, Seung In Kim, "Evaluation of Usability for Mobile Streaming Application - Mainly with Analysis on 'Youtube' and 'Youku'" Journal of Digital Design, Vol. 15, No.3, pp. 705-713, 2015. https://doi.org/10.17280/jdd.2015.15.3.067
- Young-Ju Kim, Jaemin Jung, Eun-Ju Lee, "What Drives the Adoption and Usage of Smartphone Applications? - Factors Affecting Degree of Use, Continuous Use, and Recommendation" Korean Journal of Journalism & Communication Studies, Vol,55, No.6, pp. 227-252, 2013.
- Jae Ik Lee, Hyun Woo Nam, Seung Min Lee, "A Study on the Usability Evaluation of Smart Banking Application" Journal of the Korean Society Design Culture, Vol.18, No.1, pp. 346-359, 2013.