- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Effect that Empathic Value Expectation of Culture & Art Education and Social Intention have on Eliminating Controlled Mechanism
문화예술교육 공감기대가치와 사회적 성향이 통제된 기제 해소에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Chul-Ho (Department of Ad & PR, Cheongju University)
- 김철호 (청주대학교 광고홍보학과)
- Received : 2017.02.15
- Accepted : 2017.04.20
- Published : 2017.04.28
The purpose of this research is to examine the effect EVE about culture & art education and social tendencies have on adult educatees eliminating controlled mechanisms. Quantitative research on those in their 40s and 50s was executed. The results show that there is a high correlation between GEVE and individualism, REVE and collectivism. GEVE has a higher influence on actualization of self-efficiency, FEVE on reignition of retained desires, REVE on substantialization of non-isolation, individualism on actualization of self-efficiency, and collectivism on substantialization of non-isolation. This research evokes the importance of an interdisciplinary and integrated understanding of EVE in culture & art education, educatees' social tendencies, and their psychological mechanisms. Also, it suggests the necessity of following research and practical adaptation related to developing programs, securing quantitative and qualitative appropriateness reflecting social requirements, and operation, evaluation, and management considering reciprocality.
Supported by : Cheongju University
- C. O. Houle, The Inquiring Mind. Madison, WI: University of Wisconsin Press, 1961.
- Patricia K. Cross, Adults as Learners: Increasing Participation and Facilitating Learning. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass Publications, 1992.
- Chulho Kim, "The Effect That Motives To Use Lifelong Education Has On The Brand Value of Lifelong Education Institutions", A Journal of Brand Design Association of Korea, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 5-19, 2015.
- Chulho Kim, "Shared Value Expectation on Lifelong Education", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 12, pp. 325-336, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.12.325
- Chulho Kim, "The Effect that Participating Motives and Involvement about Lifelong Education have on the Learners' Satisfaction, Continuous Intention to Take Courses, and Recommendation Intention", The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 15, No. 6, pp. 575-588, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2015.15.06.575
- Chulho Kim, Understanding Advertising Planning with Interdisciplinary, Integrated Symbiology. Hankyungsa. Seoul. pp. 136-139. 2017.
- Chulho Kim, "A Study on the Components of Information Users' Value Expectation about Infographics", A Journal of Brand Design Association of Korea, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 227-238, 2015.
- Chulho Kim, "The Effect of Participating Motives for Lifelong Education on the Releasing of Controlled Inferiority, the Gratification of Retained Desire, and Voluntary Resocialization", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 11, pp. 515-530, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.11.515
- Korea Arts & Culture Education Service, 2014 "Basic Research on Cultural Capacity". p.5, 2015.
- Korea Arts & Culture Education Service, "Basic Research to Develop the Process of Arts and Culture Education", p.34, 2009.
- M. Mirza, "The Therapeutic State: Addressing The Emotional Needs of The Citizen Through The Arts", International Journal of Cultural Policy, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 261-273, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1080/10286630500411242
- Sun Nam Choi, Chong Gouk Chun, Young Hee Shin, "The Effect of Group Art Therapy in Diminishing Emotional Anxiety and Improving Self-esteem of Children in Low Income", The Korea Journal of Counseling, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 1101-1119, 2007. https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.8.3.200709.1101
- Se-Hun Kim, Hyungsook Kim, Yongro Ann-ye, Manyong Park, "Long-term Plan for Culture & Arts Education", Korea Culture & Tourism Institute, 2004.
- Janice M. Morse, Joan Bottorif Med, Gwen Anderson, "Beyond Empathy: Expanding Expressions of Caring", Journal of Advanced Nursing, Vol. 53, No. 1, pp. 75-87, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2006.03677.x
- G. Gini, P. Albiero, B. Benelli & G. Altoe, "Determinants of Adolescents' Active Defending and Passive Bystanding Behavior in Bullying", Journal of Adolescence, Vol. 31, pp. 93-105, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.adolescence.2007.05.002
- C. Anderson & D. Keltner, "The Role of Empathy in the Formation and Maintenance of Social Bonds", Behavioral and Brain Science, Vol. 25, pp. 21-22, 2002.
- Martha C. Nussbaum, "Compassion: The Basic Social Emotion", Social Philosophy and Policy, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 27-58, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0265052500001515
- Heung-Kweun Yang & Kwan-Su An, "A Study on Enhancement of the Lifelong Learning Function at Seoul Museum of History", Seoul Studies. Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 191-213, 2006.
- Chulho Kim, "The Effect of Consumers' Social Predisposition and Ethical Cognition about Advertising Creativity on the Intention to Avoid Advertising and the Need to Recognize Advertisers' Social Responsibility(ASR)", Journal of the Korean Society of Design Culture, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 215-229, 2013.
- T. M. Singelis, H. C. Triandis, D. Bhawuk, & M. J. Gelfand, "Horizontal and Vertical Dimensions of Individualism and Collectivism: A Theoretical and Measurement Refinement", Cross-Cultural Research, Vol. 29, pp. 240-275, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1177/106939719502900302
- A. T. Church, & W. J. Lonner, "The Cross-Cultural Perspective in the Study of Personality", Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 32-62, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1177/0022022198291003
- H. R. Markus & S. Kitayama, Culture and the Self: Implications for Cognition, Emotion, and Motivation, Psychological Review, Vol. 98, No.2, pp. 224-253, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-295X.98.2.224
- H. C. Triandis & M. J. Gelfand, "Converging Measurement of Horizontal & Vertical Dimension of Individualism & Collectivism", Journal of Personality & Social Psychology, Vol. 74, No. 1, pp. 118-128, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35188.8.131.52
- C. H. Hui, "Measurement of Individualism-Collectivism", Journal of Research in Personality, Vol.22, pp. 17-36, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1016/0092-6566(88)90022-0
- P. J. Watson & R. J. Morris, "Individualist and Collectivist Values: Hypotheses Suggested by Alexis de Tocqueville", The Journal of Psychology, Vol. 136, No. 3, pp. 263-271, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1080/00223980209604154
- Chulho Kim, "The Effect of Consumers' Social Predisposition and Ethical Cognition about Advertising Creativity on the Intention to Avoid Advertising and the Need to Recognize Advertisers' Social Responsibility(ASR)". Journal of the Korean Society of Design Culture, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 218-219, Modified, 2013.
- D. W. Organ, "A New Kind of Performance for Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Recent Contributions to the Study of Organizational Behavior", International Review of Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Vol. 14, pp. 337-368, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1007713412780
- N. Ramamoorthy & S. J. Carroll, "Individualism/ Collectivism Orientations and Reactions Toward Alterative Human Resource Management Practices", Human Relations, Vol. 51, No. 5, pp.571-588. p.573, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1177/001872679805100501
- T. A. Judge & J. A. Bono, "Relationship of Core Self-evaluations Traits-Self-Esteem, Generalized Self-efficacy, Locus of Control, and Emotional Stability-with Job Satisfaction and Job Performance: A Meta-analysis", Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol. 86, pp. 80-92, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.86.1.80
- F. Pajares, Current Directions in Self-efficacy Research, In M. Maehr & P. R. Pintrich (Eds.), Advances in Motivation and Achievement, Vol. 10, pp. 1-49, 2001.
- L. W. Cox, S. L. Mueller, & S. E. Moss, "The Impact of Entrepreneurship Education on Entrepreneurial Self-efficacy", International Journal of Entrepreneurship Education, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 229-245, 2002.
- Utpal M. Dholakia, Mahesh Gopinath, Richard P. Bagozzi, Rajan Nataraajan, "The role of Regulatory Focus in the Experience and Self-Control of Desire for Temptations", Journal of Consumer Psychology, Vol. 16. No. 2, pp. 163-175, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15327663jcp1602_7
- Alexandra V. Rodriguez, "Not All Desires are Created Equal: Exploring A Dual-Motivation Account of Consumer Desire", Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration, The University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 2006.
- M. Perugini & R. P. Bagozzi, "The Role of Desires and Anticipated Emotions in Goal-directed Behaviours: Broadening and Deepening the Theory of Planned Behaviour", British Journal of Social Psychology, Vol. 40, No. 1, pp. 79-98, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1348/014466601164704
- E. Diener, "Subjective well-being", Psychological Bulletin, Vol. 193, No. 3, pp. 542-575, 1984.
- Sang Min Lee, "A study of applying a Story telling method for the Education programming on a society, culture and an art-Based on Old men Drama", Journal of Arts Management and Policy, Vol. 15. pp. 27-44, 2009.
- J. Guetzkow, How the arts impact communities: An introduction to the literature on arts impact studies, Princeton University, 2002.
- E. Engelberg & L. Sjoberg, "Internet use, Social Skills, and Adjustment". CyberPsychology & Behavior, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 41-47, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1089/109493104322820101
- M. Pinquart & S. Sorensen, "Influences on Loneliness in Older Adults: A Meta-Analysis". Basic and Applied Social Psychology, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 245-266, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1207/S15324834BASP2304_2
- R. J. Hazler & S. A. Denham, "Social Isolation of Youth at Risk: Conceptualizations and Practical Implications". Journal of Counseling & Development, Vol. 80, No. 4, pp. 403-409, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.1556-6678.2002.tb00206.x
- H. Vincenzi, & F. Grabosky, "Measuring the emotional/social aspects of loneliness and isolation." Journal of Social Behavior and Personality. Vol. 2. pp. 257-270. 1987.
- Geung Ho Cho, Ji Yeon Kim, Keong Soon Choi. "Cultural Dispositions, Control of Anger, and Empathy". The Korean Journal of Social and Personality Psychology, Vol. 23, No. 1. pp. 69-90, 2009.
- A. Bandura, "Self-efficacy: Toward a Unifying Theory of Behavioral Change", Psychological Review, Vol. 84, pp. 191-215.
- Harry Vincenzi & Fran Grabosky, "Measuring the Emotional/social Aspects of Loneliness and Isolation". Journal of Social Behavior and Personality. Vol. 2, No. 2. pp. 257-270, 1987.
- Geum-yong Lee & Eunhye Cho, "A Study on the Effect of Main Variables to the Suicidal Ideation among the Elderly Living Alone: Focused on the Direct and Indirect Effects of Social Support". Health and Social Welfare Review. Vol. 33, No. 1. pp. 162-189. 2013. https://doi.org/10.15709/hswr.2013.33.1.162
- Yong-Se Shin, Sun-Bae Kim, "The Effects of CEO's Leadership on the Organiational Effectiveness", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 165-175, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.4.165
- Hyejun Lee, Dong Il Lee, Wonseok Woo, "A Cross-Cultural Study on the Interaction of Participants in the Online Community Using Social Network Analysis", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 9, pp. 73-87. 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.9.73