- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Evaluation for User Experience about Service of Fintech -Mainly with Analysis on 'Kakaopay' and 'Naverpay'-
국내 핀테크 시장 사용자 경험에 따른 서비스 분석 -카카오페이와 네이버페이를 중심으로-
- Lee, Yoon-Jeong (Dept. of Digital Media Design, Hongik University, International Design School for Advanced Studies) ;
- Kim, Seung-In (Digital Media Design, Hongik University, International Design School for Advanced Studies)
- Received : 2016.12.02
- Accepted : 2017.04.20
- Published : 2017.04.28
This study sought to improve the mobile easy payment services available in Korea by conducting a comparison analysis of Kakaopay, the front-runner of the mobile easy payment services in Korea's FinTech industry, compared to Naverpay, the relative newcomer in the industry. The services were compared by analysing users' experience. First, a literature review on the theoretical background of the FinTech and its characteristics was performed. Secondly, a survey created by reframing the six elements of the "Creating Pleasurable interfaces Model" by Stephen Anderson was conducted. In result, Kakaopay showed limited applicability caused by the lack of affiliated stores and it also showed the lack of reliability due to errors and cancellations related to the payments. It was shown that Naverpay also needs to make an effort to improve the reliability by minimizing errors in the use of the program and payments. This current study aimed to contribute as a resource which can be used, in the future, to improve the users' experience in FinTech services offered in Korea and also to invigorate the Fintech industry.
Fintech;Mobile payment services;User Experience;Kakaopay;Naverpay
- Chul-young Kim, "Development of Fintech", Vol 1, No 1, p1, 2015.
- Seong-Hoon Lee, Dong-Woo Lee, "FinTech- Conversions of Finance Industry based on ICT", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 97-102, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.3.097
- KOSTAT, "Online Shopping trend for September", 2016, Vol 1, No 1, p6, 2016.
- Jong-moon Yoon, "Mobile payment technology, the Present and the Prospect", KISDI, Vol 27, No 22, 28p, 2015.
- KFTC, "A New policy for Fintech development and future plans", Vol 1, No 1, 4p, 2015.
- KFTC, "Trends and Implications of Mobile Payment Services for Domestic and Non-Financial Institutions", Vol 1, No 1, 4p, 2014.
- LiuYao, "Investigation about China-Korea fintech foreign market mobile payment instruments Central of Alli pay and Samsung pay", Master's degree, dissertation, p10, Konkuk University, 2016.
- Seung-Hwan Mok, "One step ahead of the fintech story", 3-5p, Hansmedia, 2015.
- KFTC, "Major Trends and Implications of the Three Major Pin Tech Markets", Vo1 1, No 1, 5p, 2015.
- DOI : Hee-jin Park, "President Park Geun-hye remarked "Song-I Chun Coat" after a year .. What is the result?", 2015.05.06, http://news1.kr/articles/?2218462
- Hyun-sik Yoon, Kyung-Ho Lee, "Domestic and foreign policy trends relevant to Fintech", KOREA INFORMATION SCIENCE SOCIETY, 34(4), p8, 2016.
- Kyobo Securities, "Fintech, Is it just the beginning of the fintech? or a storm in a teacup?", p31, 2015
- BOK, Statistics of new variety mobile payment services, Vol 1, No 1, p1-10, 2016.
- DOI : Chul-geun Park, "Signs of rapid growth in biometrics market due to pin-tech wave", 2015.04.17, https://goo.gl/WAhLJF
- Kakaocorp, Conference call, 2016.
- Yu-shin Jeong, Tae-un Ku, "Fintech, Take a chance!", 157p, The Korea Economic Daily, 2015
- Navercorp, Conference call for the third-quater of 2016, 2016.
- Kyung-min Hyun, Jong-il Park, Seung-jin Kim, Jin-sae Kil, Jang-bae park, "Why fintech now?", 112p, Window of the future, 2015.