- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Convergent Factors Related to Job Satisfaction among Hospital Administrative Staff
병원행정직의 직무만족도와 관련된 융복합적 요인 분석
- Kim, Seung-Hee (Dept. of Health Administration, Vision University of Jeonju) ;
- Bae, Sang-Yun (Dept. of Health Administration, Vision University of Jeonju)
- Received : 2017.02.15
- Accepted : 2017.04.20
- Published : 2017.04.28
This study is executed to investigate convergent factors to Job Satisfaction(JS) among Hospital Administrative Staff(HAS). The survey was administered to 221 staff from 11 general hospitals located in Jeonbuk area from Nov. 1st, 2016 to Jan. 31st, 2017. The structured self-administered questionaries were used. The hierarchical multiple regression analysis shows the following results. The JS of respondents turned out to be significantly higher in following groups: a group without work shift, a group with more employees, a group in which self efficacy is higher, a group in which skill variety in job characteristics is higher, a group in which interpersonal conflict and lack of reward in occupational stress are lower. The results show explanatory power of 61.0%. The results of the study indicate that the efforts, to increase self efficacy, and to manage job characteristics and occupational stress, are required to improve the JS among HAS. The results are expected to be useful for the program and human resource management to related to the JS among HAS. In the following study, the analysis of structural equation modeling about additional factors of the JS among HAS will be needed.
- K. I. Hwang, I. H. Lee, H. S. Rhee, "The influence on metropolitan university hospital administrative staff job satisfaction", The J of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 14, No. 10, pp. 639-648, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.10.639
- H. J. Lee, Y. C. Cho, "Relationship between job satisfaction and turnover intention among nurses in general hospitals", J of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 15, No. 7, pp. 4404-4415, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.7.4404
- J. W. Lee, G. C. Kim, "A pilot study on job satisfaction of korean medical clinic workers", Korea J of hospital management, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 1-20, 2012.
- H. J. Lee, T. Y. Moon, M. Y. Choi, "Impact of self-regulation on job satisfaction and turnover intention among emergency medical workers", J of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 14, No. 9, pp. 4359-4367, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.9.4359
- G. B. Shim, "Structure Model for Job Satisfaction and Service Quality of Staff of Geriatric Hospital", J of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12. No. 4, pp. 357-366, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.4.357
- Y. A. Lim, K. Y. Kim, S. M. Choi, "Factors affecting job satisfaction, organizational attachment and job leaving attitude of general hospital employees by job category", J of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 13, No. 8, pp. 3586-3596, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.8.3586
- H. S. Kang, Y. K. Lee, I. S. Chae, "Job importance, job performance, and job satisfaction in dietitians at geriatric hospitals or elderly healthcare facilities in Jeju", J Nutr Health, Vol. 49. No. 3, pp. 189-200, 2016. https://doi.org/10.4163/jnh.2016.49.3.189
- B. Y. Park, J. H. Shin, "Relevance of role perceptions and job satisfaction of hospital workers", The J of The Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, Vol. 7, No. 5, pp. 1197-1203, 2012. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2012.7.5.1197
- H. R. Jung, A. R. Son, Y. J. Yun, S. H. Lee, S. B. Lee, J. A. In, K. H. Kang, "Study on self-development needs, job satisfaction, self -efficacy by general characteristics of dental hygienist", J of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6. No. 6, pp. 231-239, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.231
- M. H. Lee, "Convergence factor influencing job satisfaction of radiographer", J of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13. No 8, pp. 357 - 368, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.8.357
- B. M. Bang, S. Y. Lee, J. O. Cheong, "Empirical study on the turn-over intention of university hospital nurses", J of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13. No 2, pp. 205-213, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.2.205
- D. B. Slavitt, P. L. Stamps, E. Piedmont, A. M. B. Haase, "Nurses satisfaction with their work situation". Nurs Res., Vol. 27, No, 2, pp. 114-120, 1978.
- J. H. Yang, "The relations of stress, job satisfaction, organizational commitment and turnover intention in medical technicians", J of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14. No 7, pp. 233-241, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.7.233
- R. M. Tipton, E. L. Worthington, "The measurement of generalized self-efficacy: A study of construct validity", J of Personality Assessment, Vol. 48, pp. 545-548, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15327752jpa4805_14
- J. R. Hackman, G. R. Oldham, "Development of the job diagnostic survey", J of applied Psychology, Vol. 60, pp. 159-170, 1975. https://doi.org/10.1037/h0076546
- S. Y. Bae, S. H. Kim, "Analysis of the influence of human nature factors, mental health factors and fatigue on occupational stress among hospital administrative staff using a structural equation model", J of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13. No. 3, pp. 221-229, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.3.221
- S. H. Kim, S. Y. Bae, "Factors related to occupational stress among hospital administrative staff", J of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12. No. 10, pp. 433-443, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.10.433
- M. D. Kim, C. H. Lee, "A study on the relevance between workers' job characteristics and organizational effectiveness by job stress in small & medium sized enterprises", J of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14. No 5, pp. 207-215, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.5.207
- Y. K. Ko, "Relationship of nurse practice environment and work-family conflict to job satisfaction in hospital nurses in Korea", J Korean Acad Nurs Adm, Vol.19, No.2, pp. 207-216, 2013. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2013.19.2.207
- F. Faul and E. Erdfelder, A. Lang, A. Buchner, "G*Power 3: A flexible statistical power analysis program for the social, behavioral, and biomedical sciences," Behavior Research Methods, Vol.39, No.2, pp.175-191, 2007. https://doi.org/10.3758/BF03193146
- S. M. Yang, "The development and effectiveness of group program on empowerment for the parents with mentally retarded adults", Seoul National University, Doctoral Dissertation, 2000.
- J. I. Hwang, "A study on the relationship between organizational factors and occupational stress", Ewha Womans University, Master's thesis, 1997.
- S. J. Chang, S. B. Koh, D. M. Kang, M. K. Kang,, C. G. Lee, J. J. Jung, J. J. Cho, M. Son, C. H. Chae, J. W. Kim, "Developing an occupational stress scale for korean employees", Korean J Occup Environ Med, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 297-317. 2005.
- Y. J. Han, "A study on job stress, treatment method and job contentment", Yeungnam University, Master's thesis, 2009.
- E. S. Shin, "Job satisfaction and relating factors of medical record technicians working in general hospitals", J of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6. No. 5, pp. 337-346, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.337
- E. H. Kim, "A convergence study about influences of self-efficacy and mindfulness on job satisfaction on general hospital nurses", J of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7. No. 5, pp. 107-116, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.5.107