- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Effects of Team-based Learning on Learning Attitude, Learning Motivation, Problem Solving Ability, Participation in Lessons of Nursing Students
팀 기반 학습이 간호학생의 학습태도, 학습동기, 문제해결능력, 수업참여도에 미치는 효과
- Kim, Soon-Ok (Depart. of Nursing, Shinhan University)
- 김순옥 (신한대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2017.02.13
- Accepted : 2017.04.20
- Published : 2017.04.28
It is organized to evaluate the effect of nursing students' learning attitude, learning motivation, problem solving ability, and class participation, after applying team-based learning to basic nursing classes. The subjects were 103 people in the second year of the G region. The data collection was from September 1 to December 5, 2016 by using t-test, one-way ANOVA, paired t-test and Pearson's correlation coefficient. Result is that the ability to solve problems increased, showing a statistically significant difference. Learning attitude and motivation of learning increased and the degree of participation didn't change, but there were no statistically significant differences. The learning attitude shows positive correlation with learning motivation, problem-solving skills and participation. After team based-learning, learning attitude showed a positive correlation with learning motivation, problem solving ability and class participation. Learning motivation shows positive correlation with class participation and so does problem solving ability with participation. Based on the results of this study, in order to improve the practical ability, it is necessary to activate the self-directed active learning method such as team base for nursing major study.
- Y. K. Kim, "The Effect of Creative Problem - Solving Program on Leadership, Creativity and Creativity Problem-Solving of Nursing Students", Chonnam National University, Unpublished doctoral dissertation, 2009.
- H. A. Mennenga, T. Smyer, "A model for easily incorporating team-based learning into nursing education", International Journal of Nursing Education Scholarship, Vol. 7, No.1, Article4, 2010.
- S. M. Park, I. G. Kwon, "Factors Influencing Nurses' Clinical Decision Making - Focusing on Critical Thinking Disposition -", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 37, No. 6, pp. 863-871, 2007. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2007.37.6.863
- B. S. Yang, "A Study on the Adapting Process of Nursing Students to Problem Based Learning", The Journal of Korean Academic of Nursing, Vol. 36, No.1, pp. 25-36. 2006. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2006.36.1.25
- Y. S. Roh, E. N. Ryoo, D. W. Choi, S. S Baek, S. S. Kim, "A Survey of Student Perceptions, Academic Achievement, and Satisfaction of Team-based Learning in a Nursing Course", Korean Academy Social Nursing Education, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 239-247, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2012.18.2.239
- D. S. Ahn, "Team-Based Learning", Workshop, Korea University, 2007.
- L. K. Michaelson, D. X. Parmalee, L. L. McMahon, R. E. Levine, "Team-based learning for health pro - fessions education: A guide to using small groups for improving learning", Sterling. VA: Stylus Publis-hing, 2008.
- P. A. Kelly, P. Haidet, V. Schneider, N. Searle, C. L. Seidel, B. F. Richards, "A comparison of inclass learner engagement across, problem-based learning, and team learning using the STROBE classroom observation tool", Teaching and Learning in Medicine, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 112-118, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15328015tlm1702_4
- H. S. Han, "The Effects of Team-Based Learning on Learning Attitude, Educational Achievements, and Communication Competence in Under-graduate Nursing Students", Theses Collection, Vol. 47, pp. 349-357, 2012.
- D. X. Parmalee, L. K. Michaelsen, "Twelve tips for doing effective team baseding", Medical Teacher, Vol. 32, No. 2, pp. 118-122, 2010. https://doi.org/10.3109/01421590903548562
- Y. M. Lee, J. K. Nam, H. J. Cho, S. Y. Lee, "The effects of Team-based learning on learners' performance, learning activities, and motivation in a vocational high school", Journal of Vocational Education Research, Vol. 30, No. 2, pp. 51-71, 2011.
- M. S. Yoo, "Development of standardized patient managed instruction for a fundamentals of nursing course", Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Yonsei University, 2000.
- H. R. Kim, "Development and Effect of Team Based Simulation Learning Program on Undergraduate Nursing Students", Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Chosun University, 2011.
- S. O. Kim, M. S. Kim, "The Effects of Team- Based Learning on Fundamentals of Nursing", Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 107-119, 2016. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.12.107
- Korean Educational Development Institute, "Development and Application for Logical Thinking Ability", 1997.
- S. Y. Hwang, "Effects of Problem-based Learning on the Knowledge Achievement, Critical Thinking Ability, Attitude and Motivation toward Learning of Nursing Students", Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Chonnam National University, 2003.
- I. S. Park, "Effect of TBL(Team-Based Learning) on oral prophylaxis of dental hygiene students", Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Chosun University, 2009.
- J. M. Keller, "Development and use of the ARCS model of instructional design", Journal of Instructional Development, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 2-10, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02905967
- S. K. Park, "(The) effects of the constructivist instructional model using ARCS strategies on the acquisition of scientific conceptions and learning motivation", Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Pusan National University, 1998.
- S. J. Lee, Y. K. Jang, H. N. Lee, G. Y. Park, "A Study on the Development of Life-Skills: Communication, Problem Solving and Self-Directed Learning", Korean Educational Development Institute, 2003.
- M. J. Cha, C. M. Kim, H. J. Kwon, H. D. Cho, J. Y. Lee, S. J. Jeong, E. A. Park, Y. Moon, M. Wang, J. W. Seo, J. M. Jee, W. Zhang, M. S. Park, Yedana Lee, K. D. Kim, R. Lee, H. S. Park, S. J. Yu, J. J. Kim, I. W. Park, "A development of learner participation scale in instruction", The Korean Association for Educational Methodology Studies, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 195-219, 2010.
- K. W. Jang, "The debate on the lecture class to communicate strategy process", Korean Council for University Education, 2014.
- Y. S. Moon "Effects of Group Size and Self-leading Learning Ability on Scholastic Achievement and Interactions in On-line Cooperative Learning", Unpublished master' thesis, Chonnam National University, 2006.
- J. Brich, "Feasibility, acceptance and impact of team-based learning in neurology: a pilot study", GMS Zetischrift fur Medizinische Ausbildung, Vol. 30, No. 2, pp. 1-16, 2013.
- S. H. Lim, "Effect of Team-based Learning on Anatomy Subject for Biological Nursing Science Education of Nursing students Nursing Department, ShinSung University", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 16, No. 10 pp. 7098-7108, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.10.7098
- S. J. Han, "The impact of team-based learning on nursing students", The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 11, No. 11, pp. 595-602, 2013.
- J. H. Seo, "Impact of Team Based Learning on Nursing Students' Learning Performance", Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Seonam University, 2012.
- L. S. Park, "The Effect of cooperative learning on academic achievement and attitude : a meta-analysis", Unpublished master' thesis, Korea National University of Education, 2005.
- Y. H. Kim, "Effects of Utilizing Animation Prior to Fundamental Nursing Practice on Learning Motivation and Self-Directedness in Student Nurses", Journal Korean Academy Fundamental Nursing, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 240-248, 2010.
- M. S. Yoo, "Development of standardized patient managed instruction for a fundamentals of nursing course", Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Yonsei University, 2001.
- S. H. Lee, S. E. Chung, "The experiences of team-based learning among nursing students", Proceeding of the Korean Academic of Adult Nursing, No. 6, pp. 259-260, 2014.
- P. A. Kelly, P. Haidet, V. Schneider, N. Searle, C. L. Seidel, B. F. Richards, "A comparison of inclass learner engagement across lecture, problem based learning and team learning using the STROBE classroom observation tool", Teaching and Learning in Medicine, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 112-118, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15328015tlm1702_4
- K. K. Kim, J. Yoon, K. Y. Choi, S. Y. Park, J. H. Bae, "The Effect of Interdisciplinary Cooperation Project Learning on Communication, Problem-Solving and Self-Directed Learning Ability of University Students", The Journal of Korean academic society of nursing education, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 252-261, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2008.14.2.252
- R. W. Ma, "Critical Thinking Disposition and Problem Solving Ability of Nursing Students", Unpublished master' thesis, Ewha Womans University, 2009.
- I. S. Choi, "Factors on Influencing Basic Nursing Practical Satisfaction", Unpublished master' thesis, Kaya University, 2015.
- Y. K. Kim, N. R. Kim, "Design and Implementation of Team-Based Learning of 'Pharmacology'", Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 309-334, 2015.
- L. H. Yang, L. Y. Jiang, B. Xu, S. Q. Liu, Y. R. Lian, "Evaluating team-based, lecture-based, and hybrid learning methods for neurology clerkship in China: a method-comparison study", BMC Medical Education, Vol. 14, No. 98, pp. 1-7, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1186/1472-6920-14-1
- E. J. Shin, "A Study Related to Self-Efficacy, Satisfaction with Practice and Fundamentals of Nursing Practicum", Journal Korean Academy Fundamental Nursing Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 380-386, 2008.
- S. H. Lee, S. E. Chung, "The experiences of team-based learning among nursing students", Proceeding of the Korean Academic of Adult Nursing No. 6, pp. 259-260, 2014.
- M. J. Sim, H. S. Oh, "Influence of Self Efficacy, Learning Motivation and Self-Directed Learning on Problem-Solving Ability in Nursing Students", International Journal of Contents, Vol. 12, No. 6, pp. 328-337, 2012.
- H. S. Oh, "The Effects of Team-Based Learning on Outcome based Nursing Education", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 9, pp. 409-418, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.9.409