- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Convergence Study on Influencing Factors of Paid Care Service: Andersen's Behavioral Model
유급 간병서비스 이용 영향요인에 관한 융복합적 연구: Andersen's Behavioral Model
- KIM, Han-Kyoul (Department of Public Health Science, Graduate School BK21 Plus Program in Public Health Science, Korea University) ;
- Kim, Sung Kuk (Department of Public Health Science, Graduate School BK21 Plus Program in Public Health Science, Korea University) ;
- Shim, Hyun-Jin (Department of Public Health Science, Graduate School BK21 Plus Program in Public Health Science, Korea University) ;
- Lee, Hee Myung (Department of Public Health Science, Graduate School BK21 Plus Program in Public Health Science, Korea University) ;
- Rhee, Hyunsill (School of Health Policy and Management, College of Health Science, Korea University)
- 김한결 (고려대학교 대학원 보건과학과 BK21 플러스 인간생명-상호작용 융복합 사업단) ;
- 김성국 (고려대학교 대학원 보건과학과 BK21 플러스 인간생명-상호작용 융복합 사업단) ;
- 심현진 (고려대학교 대학원 보건과학과 BK21 플러스 인간생명-상호작용 융복합 사업단) ;
- 이희명 (고려대학교 대학원 보건과학과 BK21 플러스 인간생명-상호작용 융복합 사업단) ;
- 이현실 (보건과학대학 보건정책관리학부)
- Received : 2014.02.01
- Accepted : 2017.04.20
- Published : 2017.04.28
The purpose of this study is to identify the current state of paid care services and to identify the factors that affect the utilization of private nursing services. This study constructed and utilized the Korean Health Panel data (2011-2014) in the form of panel data, and selected 5,110 patients who had experience using one or more hospitalization services per year. STATA 12.0 SE was used for data processing and analysis of this study. Frequency analysis was performed to confirm basic characteristics of hospitalized patients. Cross-analysis and t-test were conducted to confirm the status of paid care services according to characteristics. Respectively. Finally, panel logistic regression was performed by applying a hierarchical method to stepwise modeling the three categories of Andersen's Behavioral Model to identify factors affecting the use of paid care services for inpatients. The results showed that the use of paid nursing services was higher in women, elderly, long - term hospitalized and disabled. On the other hand, significant household income variables in private employment did not show significant results. The results of this study are expected to be used as basic data for the selection of the nursing care integrated services under discussion. In addition, detailed discussions on the selection of subjects should be made in the future.
Supported by : 고려대학교 보건과학대학
- Alagraa R, Abujaber A, Chandra P, Doughty J., "Evaluating psychosocial support needs of female cancer patients in the State of Qatar", Qatar Medical Journal, Vol. 1, No. 4, 2015.
- Bass, D. M., & Noelker, L. S., "The influence of family caregivers on elder's use of in-home services: An expanded conceptual framework", Journal of Health and Social Behavior, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp. 184-196, 1987. https://doi.org/10.2307/2137131
- Branch, L., Jette, A., Evashwick, C., Polansky, M., Rowe, G., Diehr, "Toward understanding elders' health service utilization", Journal of Community Health, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 80-92, 1981. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01323227
- Choi, E. S., "Present Situation of Korean Nursing. Korean journal of women health nursing", Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 190-199, 2004.
- Crist, J. D., "Mexican American elders' use of skilled home care nursing services", Public health nursing, Vol. 19, No.5, pp. 366-376, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1525-1446.2002.19506.x
- Dong Hwan Kim, Han Ju Lee, "Effects on Long-Term Care Hospital Staff Mixing Level after Implementing Differentiated Inpatient Nursing Fees by Staffing Grades", The Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 95-105, 2014. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2014.20.1.95
- Dorin, L., Turner, S. C., Beckmann, L., grosse Schlarmann, J., Faatz, A., Metzing, S., Buscher, A., "Which need characteristics influence healthcare service utilization in home care arrangements in Germany?" BMC health services research, Vol. 14, No. 1, 2014.
- Eisen, E. A., & Robins, J. M. "Healthy worker effect", Encyclopedia of environmetrics, 2002.
- Gunasekara F., Carter K., McKenzie S., "Income-related health inequalities in working age men and women in Australia and New Zealand", Australian and New Zealand journal of public health, Vol. 37, No. 3, pp. 211-217, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1111/1753-6405.12061
- Han-Kyoul Kim, Kyoung-Sook Lee, Kwang-Hwan Kim, Yong-Ha Kim, "A Study on Determinats of Cancer Patients's Length of Hospital Stay on Medical Charges Pattern", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 2, No. 4, pp. 53-58, 2011.
- Heider D., Matschinger H., Muller H., Saum, KU., Quinzler R., Haefeli WE., Konig HH. "Health care costs in the elderly in Germany: an analysis applying Andersen's behavioral model of health care utilization", BMC health services research, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 14-71, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1186/1472-6963-14-14
- Horn SD., Sharkey PD., Buckle JM., Backofen J E., Averill RF., Horn RA. "The relationship between severity of illness and hospital length of stay and mortality", Medical care, Vol. 29, No. 4, pp. 305-317, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005650-199104000-00001
- Hyung-Sik Ahn. "The Problems of Private Employment Care and the Necessity of Introducing a New Nursing Care System for Inpatients", Research Institute for Healthcare Policy Korean Medical Association. Vol 11, No. 1, pp. 58-62, 2013.
- Jeong-Yeon Kim, "The Selection of the Medical Institutions by Motivation of Medical Service Utilization", Journal of Digital Convergence. Vol. 13, No. 11, pp. 217-230, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.11.217
- Kim HK., Lee M. "Factors associated with health services utilization between the years 2010 and 2012 in Korea: using Andersen's Behavioral model", Osong public health and research perspectives, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 18-25, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.phrp.2015.11.007
- Korea Institute for Health and Social Affair, "Social institutionalization plan of caregiving service for medical institutions", Ministry of Gender Equity & Family. 2006.
- Li YN., Nong Dx., Wei B., Feng QM., Luo Hy., "The impact of predisposing, enabling, and need factors in utilization of health services among rural residents in Guangxi, China", BMC Health Services Research, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 592-600, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12913-016-1825-4
- Lopez-Casasnovas G., Soley Bori, M., "The Socioeconomic Determinants of Health: Economic Growth and Health in the OECD Countries during the Last Three Decades", International journal of environmental research and public health, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 815-829, 2014. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph110100815
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, "Research on institutionalization of care service", Korea Institute for Health and Social Affair, pp. 1-272, 2010.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, "Standard Operation Guideline of Comprehensive Nursing Care Service", National Health Insurance Service, 2016.
- Na Mi Hwang, "Institutionalization of caregiving service issues and tasks", Korea Institute for Health and Social Affair, Vol. 47, pp. 1-8, 2010.
- Na Mi Hwang. "An Analysis of the Debates on Introduction of Public Caregivers' Services in Acute Medical Centers", Health and welfare policy forum, pp. 60-71, 2010.
- OECD, "OECD Health Data", 2013.
- Park JM. "Equity in the utilization of physician and inpatient hospital services: evidence from Korean health panel survey". International Journal for Equity in Health, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 159-167, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12939-016-0452-3
- Ryoung Choi, Byung-Deog Hwang. "Care Education Present Condition for Caregivers and Awareness on Legislation on the Caregivers System", Korean Academy of Care Management, Vol. 13, pp. 1-19, 2014.
- Scharlach AE., Gustavson K., Dal Santo TS., "Assistance received by employed caregivers and their care recipients: Who helps care recipients when caregivers work full time?", Gerontologist, Vol. 47, No. 6, pp. 752-762, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1093/geront/47.6.752
- Shah D., "Healthy worker effect phenomenon", Indian journal of occupational and environmental medicine, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 77-79, 2009. https://doi.org/10.4103/0019-5278.55123
- Soon-Duck Cho, Seong-Eun Heo, Deog Hwan Moon, "A Convergence Study on the Hospital Nurse's Perception of Patient Safety Culture and Safety Nursing Activity", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7 No. 1, pp. 125-136, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.1.125
- Sun-Ju You, Yun-Kyoung Choi., "Institutionalization of a Patient-Sitter Program in Acute Care Hospital", The Korea Contents Society, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 370-379, 2013.
- Teng YH., Teng JJ., Lee MY., Hsieh MH., Chen YJ., Lin JY., Lee MC. "Determinants of emergency medical utilization among the elderly population in Taiwan: A national longitudinal cohort study", Archives of gerontology and geriatrics, Vol. 56, No. 2, pp. 364-369, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.archger.2012.10.012
- Yamada T., Chen CC., Murata C., Hirai H., Ojima T., Kondo K., "Access Disparity and Health Inequality of the Elderly: Unmet Needs and Delayed Healthcare", International journal of environmental research and public health, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 1745-1772, 2015. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph120201745
- You Sun Ju, Chang Hyun Sook, Kim Myu Kyung, Choi Yun Kyoung, Sung Young Hee, Kim Eul Soon, Kwag Weol Hee. "Study of the Utilization Strategy of Nursing Personnel by Types of Medical Institutions", Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 157-172, 2007.