- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Effects of MBO and Job Commitment on Nursing Performance in Operating Room Nurses
수술실 간호사의 목표관리특성과 직무몰입이 간호업무성과에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Youn Hwa (Operating Roon Nursing team, Asan Medical Center) ;
- Seomun, GyeongAe (Korea University, College of Nursing)
- Received : 2016.11.30
- Accepted : 2017.04.20
- Published : 2017.04.28
This study aimed to examine the effect of management by objectives(MBO) and job commitment on the nursing performance of operating room(OR) nurses. The study was conducted on 226 OR nurses from tertiary healthcare institutions in Seoul. Multiple regression analysis was performed to determine the effect of OR nurses on nursing performance. In results, the factors that affect the nursing performance of OR nurses included the concreteness of goals, job commitment, and measurability of objectives in that order, and these variables explained 25.9% of the nursing performance. Therefore, in order to improve the performance of the nursing work, it is necessary to make efforts to create a work environment where nursing can be carried out due to the nature of the nursing operation. In addition, it is essential to develop a strategy to further the influence of the concreteness and measurability of goals among other attributes, thereby enhancing the job performance of OR nurses.
- E. S. Shin, S. H. Ahn, "Perception of Management by Objectives and Organizational Effectiveness among Clinical Nurses", Journal of Korean Nursing Administration, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 278-286, 2008.
- Y. K. K0, "Identification of Factors related to Nurses' Individual Performance using a Multi level Analysis", Ph.D. Yonsei University. 2006.
- K. S. Yoon, "A Study on the Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment among Perioperative Nurses", Ph.D. Seoul National University. 2010.
- N. S. Ha, M. Y. Im, "Management by Objectives in Nursing Organization", Publish Collection, Vol. 18, pp. 445-467, 2000.
- K. H. Kang, "Effect of appraisal effectiveness on the organizational performance of perioperative nursing department", Ph.D. Seoul National University. 2012.
- S. W. Lee, Y. E. Cho, K. S. Lee, "The Role of Justice and Organizational citizenship behaviour in the relation between measurement diversity and managerial performance", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 11, pp. 219-231, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.11.219
- N. Y. Yang, J. S. Choi, "Relationships of Nurses' Perception, Nursing Performance, Job stress, and Burnout in relation to the Joint Commission International Hospital Accreditation", Journal of Korean Nursing Administration, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 1-9, 2014. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2014.20.1.1
- M. S. Kim, "(The) influence of career ladder system on nursing performance, job satisfaction, organizational commitment, turnover intention", Ph.D. National University. 2013.
- J. H. Shin, "(A) Study on Influence Characteristics of MBO on Efficiency of MBO", Master. Korea University. 2004.
- J. A. Kim, "The Relationship between the Nurses' Reward Fit and Job Involvement, Organizational Commitment", Journal of Korean Nursing Administration, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 41-58, 1997.
- Y. K. Ko, "Development of a Performance Measurement Scale for Hospital Nurses", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 37, No. 3, pp. 286-294, 2007. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2007.37.3.286
- D. W. Kim, "The effects of management by objectives on organizational performance", Ph.D. Soongsil University. 2007.
- G. C. Yu, W. S. Park, "Determinants and Organizational Effectiveness of Performance-based Human Resource Management", Journal of Korean Academy of Management, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 187-224, 2007.
- I. S. Im, J. Park, H. S. Kim, "The Effects of Nurse's Communication and Self-Leadership on Nursing Performance", Korean Academic Society of Occupational Health Nursing, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 247-282, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2012.21.3.247
- I. H. EOM, "Affecting Factors on nursing performance of clinical nurses -with focus on ethical values and organizational culture-", Master. Korea University. 2014.
- H. S. Song, "A study on the Empowerment and Job satisfaction, Job Performance in Hospital Nurses", Master. Woosuk University. 2012.
- Y. H. Han, I. S. Son, K. O. Park, K. H. Kang, "The Relationships between Professionalism, Job Involvement, Organizational Commitment and Turnover Intention among Clinical Nurses", Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 17-31, 2010.
- The Relationship between Quality of Sleep, Job Commitment and Wellness of Night Shift Nurses in Medium and Small-sized Hospitals vol.42, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.21032/jhis.2017.42.4.330
- Effects of Perceived Collaboration with Nurses and Physicians on Nursing Performance in Perioperative Nurses vol.24, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2018.24.3.253