- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Complex Color Model for Efficient Representation of Color-Shape in Content-based Image Retrieval
내용 기반 이미지 검색에서 효율적인 색상-모양 표현을 위한 복소 색상 모델
- Choi, Min-Seok (Dept. of Management Information Systems, Sahmyook University)
- 최민석 (삼육대학교 경영정보학과)
- Received : 2017.02.14
- Accepted : 2017.04.20
- Published : 2017.04.28
With the development of various devices and communication technologies, the production and distribution of various multimedia contents are increasing exponentially. In order to retrieve multimedia data such as images and videos, an approach different from conventional text-based retrieval is needed. Color and shape are key features used in content-based image retrieval, which quantifies and analyzes various physical features of images and compares them to search for similar images. Color and shape have been used as independent features, but the two features are closely related in terms of cognition. In this paper, a method of describing the spatial distribution of color using a complex color model that projects three-dimensional color information onto two-dimensional complex form is proposed. Experimental results show that the proposed method can efficiently represent the shape of spatial distribution of colors by frequency transforming the complex image and reconstructing it with only a few coefficients in the low frequency.
Color-shape;Color descriptor;Shape descriptor;Content-based image retrieval;Complex color
- MPEG-7 Visual Group, Text of ISO/IEC 15938-3/FDIS Information technology - Multimedia content description interface - Part 3 Visual, ISO/IEC JTC1/ SC29/WG11 N4358, Sydney, July 2001.
- Juwan Song, "Content-based Image Retrieval using HSV Color and Uniform Local Binary Patterns", Journal of Korean Institute of Information Technology, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 169-174, 2014.
- Jeong-Hyun Cho, "Evaluation of Performance for Shape Extraction using Modified Chain Code and Color Information with Spatial Relationship", Journal of KISS : Technology Education, Vol. 1, No. 1. pp. 33-39, 2004.
- Seok-Woo Jang, Solima Khanam, Woojin Paik, "Image Retrieval Integrating Interior and Contour Descriptors", Journal of Korean Institute of Information Technology, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 209-216, 2012.
- Anil K. Jain, Aditya Vailaya, "Image Retrieval using Color and Shape", Pattern Recognition, Vol. 29, No. 8, pp. 1233-1244, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/0031-3203(95)00160-3
- B. S. Manjunath, Philippe Salembier and Thomas Sikora, "Introduction to MPEG-7: multimedia content description interface", pp. 261-281, John Wiley & Sons, West Sussex, England, 2002.
- Kang-Hun Lee, Dong-Il Kim, Dae-ho Kim, Myung-Yoon Sung, Young-Kil Lee, Suk-Yong Jung, "Implementation of Real-Time Video Transfer System on Android Environment", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 1-5, 2012.
- T. Dharani, I. Laurence Aroquiaraj, "A Survey on Content Based Image Retrieval", IEEE, International Conference on Pattern Recognition, Informatics and Mobile Engineering (PRIME), pp. 485-490, February, 2013.
- Yoshitaka, A., Ichikawa, T., "A Survey on Content-Based Retrieval for Multimedia Databases", IEEE transactions on knowledge and data engineering, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 81-93, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/69.755617
- Bo-Seon Kang, Keun-Ho Lee, "Fire Alarm Solutions Through the Convergence of Image Processing Technology and M2M", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 37-42, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.1.037
- Ilaria Bartolini, Paola Ciaccia, and Marco Patella. "WARP: Accurate Retrieval of Shapes Using Phase of Fourier Descriptors and Time Warping Distance." IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 142-147 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.2005.21
- Xiaolong Dai, S. Khorram, "A feature-based image registration algorithm using improved chain-code representation combined with invariant moments", IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 37, No. 5, pp. 2351-2362, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/36.789634
- A. Khotanzad, Y.H. Hong, "Invariant image recognition by Zernike moments", IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol. 12, No. 5, pp. 489-497, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1109/34.55109
- Jerome Revaud, Guillaume Lavoue, Atilla Baskurt, "Improving Zernike Moments Comparison for Optimal Similarity and Rotation Angle Retrieval", IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol. 31, No. 4, pp. 627-636, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.2008.115
- W. Y. Kim and Y. S. Kim, "A new region-based shape descirptor: The ART (Angular Radial Transform) Descriptor," ISO/IEC MPEG99/M5472, Maui, Dec. 1999.
- Junchul Chun, Dongsun Kim, "A Contents-based Drug Image Retrieval System Using Shape Classification and Color Information", Journal of Internet Computing and Services, Vol. 12, No. 6, pp. 117-128, 2011.
- Dong-Woo Kim, Young-Jun Song, Young-Gil Kim, Jae-Hyeong Ahn, "Content-Based Image Retrieval using Region Feature Vector", The KIPS Transactions : Part B, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 47-52, 2006.
- Minseok Choi, "Movement Search in Video Stream Using Shape Sequence", Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 492-501, 2009.