- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The experiences of human body anatomy observations using the Cadaver Model in the nursing students
간호대학생의 카데바 모델을 이용한 인체해부 관찰경험
- Kang, Hyun-Lim (Dept. of Nursing, Wonkwang Health Science University) ;
- Lee, Yeong-Ran (Dept. of Nursing, Wonkwang Health Science University)
- Received : 2017.02.14
- Accepted : 2017.04.20
- Published : 2017.04.28
It is to provide the basic materials for the development of a cadaver practice program, the anatomical, educational programs, etc. by confirming the experiences by the nursing college students of the human body anatomy observations using the Cadaver Model. It was intended to understand the meaning and the essence of the experiences by the nursing college students of the human body anatomy observations using the Cadaver Model by selecting the Colaizzi Analysis Method with the materials collected from the interviews with 2 focus group teams. Regarding the essential structure, 6 categories were arrived at, including 'The ambivalence regarding the cadaver practice', 'Running into the true reality', 'Learning a valuable thing', 'The mind for facing the human beings has become deep', 'The feeling that I am gradually becoming a person who tends the sick', and 'The deliberations regarding the sound giving. It was confirmed that, not only with the understanding of anatomy through the cadaver practices, but, also by experiencing and worrying about the understanding, the life and the respect, the death, the ethics regarding the job, etc. the nursing college students were gradually becoming the persons tending the sick.
Supported by : 원광보건대학교
- S, H, Jeong, "Human anatomy practice using the creative training techniques", Medical Korea. 2009.
- Y. K. Kime, S. M. Cho, "Case report on the application of tele-education developed for the anatomy for education", Korean Journal of Physical Anthropology, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 169-174, 2002. https://doi.org/10.11637/kjpa.2002.15.3.169
- J. R. Waters, V. Meter, P. Perrotti, W. S. Drogo, R. J. Cry, "Cat dissection vs. sculpting human structures in clay: An analysis of two approaches to undergraduate human anatomy laboratory education", Advan Physiol Educational, Vol. 29, No. 2, pp. 27-34, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1152/advan.00033.2004
- J. C. McLachlan, J. Bligh, P. Bradley, J. Searle, "Teaching anatomy without cadavers", Med Educational, Vol. 38, pp. 418-424, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2923.2004.01795.x
- J. L. Coulehan, P. C. Williams, D. Landis, C. Naser, "The first patient: Reflections and stories about the anatomy cadaver", Teaching and Learning in Medicine, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 61-66, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1080/10401339509539712
- D. I. Kim, "Questionnaire Survey Analysis on Necessity of Cadaveric Dissection for Nursing Students: In Scope of Nursing Students and Professors", Korean Journal Phys Anthropol, Vol. 29, No. 2, pp. 119-125, 2015.
- M. H. Kim, M. J. Chae, "A Study of Student Nurses' Observation Experiences of Human Body Dissection", Journal of korean biological nursing science, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 119-125, 2012.
- D. L. Morgan, "Focus Groups as Qualitative research", Newbury Park, CA: Sage. 1997.
- P. F. Colaizzi, "Psychological research as the phenomenologist views it. phenomenological alternative for psychology", New York, NY: Oxford University, 1978.
- R. E. O'Carroll, S. Whiten, D. Jackson, D. W. Sinclair, "Assessing the emotional impact of cadaver dissection on medical students", Med Educational, Vol. 36, pp. 550-554, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2923.2002.01235.x
- D. Martin, B. Alexander, N. McCorry, W. David. "Appraisal and Consequences of Cadaver Dissection", Med Educ Online [serial online], Vol. 11, No. 16, pp. 1-9, 2006.
- J. Older "Anatomy: A must for teaching the next generation", Surg J R Coll Surg Edinb Irel. Vol. 2, pp. 79-90, 2004.
- J. H. Park, H. K. Im, J. H. Kim, "Convergence of Explanation Meeting in Cadaveric Dissection with Communication Skill : Correlation between Self-evaluation Factor and Academic Achievement of Medical Students", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 8, pp. 363-370, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.8.363
- J. Shapiro, V. P. Nguyen, S. Mourra, M. Ross, R. Leonard, "The use of creative projects in a gross anatomy class", Journal for Learning through the Arts, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 1-25, 2006.
- D. J. Park, S. T. Lee, S. H. Lee, S. B. Lee, D. S. Shin, "A study on strategic Factors for the Application of Digitalized Korean Human Dataset", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 203-216, 2010.
- H. H. Yoo, C. H. Song, E. H. Han, H. T. Kim, "The Effect of Education Program of Cadaver Dissection for the Paramedical Students", The Korean Journal of Physical Anthropology, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 145-154, 2012. https://doi.org/10.11637/kjpa.2014.27.3.145
- G. Y. Choi, J. M. Kim, J. H. Seo, H. J. Sohn, "Becoming a Doctor through Learning Anatomy- Narrative Analysis of the Educational Experience", The Korean Journal of Physical Anthropology, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 213-224, 2009. https://doi.org/10.11637/kjpa.2009.22.3.213
- S. Y. Jeong, C. H. Kim, "Comparing the Ethical Knowledge, Ethical Values and Class Satisfaction by Students' Cognitive Style to Develope the Convergent Nursing Ethic Class", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 11, pp. 205-216, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.11.205
- K. J. Lee, E. Lee, Y. S. Park, "Compariso on Influencing Factors on Consciousness of Biomedical Ethics in Nursing Students and General Students", .Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 12, pp. 377-388, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.12.377
- E. J. Seo, N. H. Cha, "Relationships among Nursing Professional Values, Bioethics and Death Ethic Perception in Nursing Students", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 349-358, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.5.349
- M. J. Yun, "A Study on the consciousness of Biomedical ethics, Attitudes Human tissue donation and transplantation", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 11, pp. 407-416, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.11.407