- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Corporate Social Responsibility on Customer Satisfaction and Customer Citizenship Behavior: Mediating Effects of Company Image and CSV
기업의 사회적 책임이 고객만족과 고객시민행동에 미치는 영향: 기업이미지와 CSV의 매개효과
- Ahn, Tae-Hyuk (Dept. of Culture & Techno, Changwon National University) ;
- Park, Bong-Gyu (Dept. of Hotel & Convention Management, Dong-eui University)
- Received : 2017.03.01
- Accepted : 2017.04.20
- Published : 2017.04.28
This study examined the effects of CSR characteristics on company image, CSV, customer satisfaction, customer citizenship behavior for customers using mobile phones of Samsung, LG, Apple, and Pantech in domestic market. 213 questionnaire samples are used to test 10 hypotheses using structural equation model with AMOS. Results of testing are as follows: First, economic responsibilities, law-ethical responsibilities and philanthropic responsibilities factors of CSR influence positively to company image. Second, economic responsibilities does not influence to CSV. Third, company image influence positively to customer satisfaction and customer citizenship behavior, but CSV does not influence to customer satisfaction This study shows that CSR, company image, CSV are important for customers' increasing customer satisfaction and customer citizenship behavior. Implications and limitations of this study also suggested.
CSR;Company image;CSV;Customer satisfaction;Customer citizenship behavior
Supported by : 동의대학교
- Tae-Hyuk Ahn, "The present conditions and problems of CSR in Korea: Based on interview investigation in the field." Studies in Business Administration Vol 29, Department of Business Administration The Graduate School of Meiji University, pp. 1-20, 2008.
- Sung-Gun Kim, "The study on the CSR: Focused on LG electronics." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp. 69-83, 2016.
- FKI, "Status of ethical management and CSR promotion survey results." FKI Issue Paper, Vol 152. The Federation of Korean Industries, 2009.
- Do-Sung Na, Wook-Bin Leem, Yong-Soo Kang, "The impact of CSR activities in domestic SMEs on their financial performance: Analysis of the difference between B2B and B2C." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol 9, No. 6, pp. 325-341, 2011.
- T. Taniguchi, "Organizationnal change and management." Hakuto Shobo, 2009.
- Y. Yamamoto, "Management theory." Minerva Shobo, 1964.
- E. Ogasawara, "An introductory study on philosophy of management." Bunshindo, 2004.
- Dong-Ju Shin and Yen-Yoo You, "A study on the impact of corporate social responsibility on organizational trust and labor-management relations." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 9, No. 5, pp. 123-140, 2011.
- M. Morimoto, "A study of corporate social responsibility from the perspective of management science." Hakuto Shobo, 1994.
- H. Iwata, "Looking for the foundation of social responsibility theory: Development of the moral institutional concept of Barnard." The Business Review of Kansai University Vol 32-6, pp. 452-471, 1988.
- E. Ogasawara, "New trend of modern business administration - method, CSR . HRM . NPO-." The Great Theorist of Society Vol 15, The Society for the History of Management Theories, 2008.
- Eun Jung Lee, "Assessing the impact of social mission on retention intention of female employees in social enterprises." Journal of Korea convergence Society, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 195-201, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.1.195
- A. B. Carroll, "A three-dimensional model of corporate social performance", Academy of Management Review, Vol. 4, No. 4, 1979.
- Dong-Ryong Hwang, Seung-Hee Lee, Hyun-Ok Do, "Convergence generation the corporate research activities on the impact of CSR on purchase: Focusing on the mediating effect of the image and reputation", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 127-134, 2016.
- Dowling, G. R, "Creating corporate reputations: Identity, images and performance", Oxford University Press, 2001.
- Seung-Hee Lee, Jae-Hong Do, Sang-Baek Han, Joon-Mo Kang, "Effects of corporate social activities on purchase intention and corporate image: The mediating role of consumer's emotion", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 89-100, 2011.
- Eun-Young Cho, "A study convergence relation of corporate ethical management, consumers' perceived trust, and purchasing behavior", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 8, pp. 113-121, 2015.
- L. C. Winters, "The Effect of brand advertising on company image: Implications for corporate advertising," Journal of Advertising Research, Vol. 26, No. 2, pp. 54-59, 1986.
- M. E. Porter, M. R. Kramer, "Creating shared value", Harvard Business Review1-2, 2011.
- Young-Seok Choi, Seung-Hee Lee, Hong-Seup Son, Byeong-Ju Lee, Ju-Yun Seok, Dong-Ryong Hwang, "A study on the effect of consultant capacity in the consulting services of digital industry on influence of customer satisfaction and re-contract intention", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 163-174, 2015.
- Hyo-Kyung Kim, Jae-Young Moon, "A study on the work process of hotels and residence hotels effect on the employee satisfaction and customer satisfaction." Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 93-99, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.2.093
- Kyung-Ihl Kim, "The impact of several management tools and techniques adoption on strong small business enterprises' performance." Journal of Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 7-12, 2016.
- R. L. Oliver, W. S. DeSarbo, "Response determinants in satisfaction judgement", Journal of Consumer Research, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 495-507, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1086/209131
- R. L. Oliver, W. O. Bearden, "Disconfirmation processes consumer evaluations in products usage", Journal of Business Research, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 235-246, 1989.
- M. Groth, "Customers as good soldiers: Examining citizenship behaviors in internet service deliveries", Journal of Management, Vol. 31, No. 1, pp. 7-27, 2005.
- H. T. Keh, C. W. Teo, "Retail customers as partial employees in service provision: A conceptual framework", International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, Vol. 29, No. 8, pp. 370-378, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1108/09590550110396944
- Nam-Gu Park, "A study on the effect of the corporate social responsibility activities on brand equity and purchase intention: Focused on moderating effect of the customer's mobile communication service quality", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 12, pp. 189-202, 2014.
- Seung-Soo Shin, Miyea Shin, Yoon-Su Jeong and Jihea Lee, "An investigation of social commerce service quality on consumer's satisfaction." Journal of Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 27-32, 2015.
- Eun-Mi, Cho, "The intention to purchase goods of social enterprises by social responsibility type", The Business Education Journal, Vol. 26, No. 2, pp. 107-135, 2015.
- Joong-In Kim, "Asymmetric effects of CSR types on corporate attitude : Differentiated implications on resource investment and marketing communication of the bank", Journal of Korean Marketing Association, Vol. 31, No. 2, pp. 55-72, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15830/kmr.2016.31.2.55
- Seung-Woo Choo and Hong-Bin Kim, "The effect on the corporate society responsibility to corporate image and loyalty in the food-service franchise: Focus on the university student of hotel and food-service dept", Journal of Tourism & Leisure Research, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 525-547, 2012.
- Joo-Heon Kim and Cao Jing, "Effects of corporate social responsibility on corporate image and purchase intent: An empirical investigation of Korean food companies in China", International Business Review, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 1-23, 2011.
- Jeong-Ki Lee and Jang-Woo Lee, "A Classification of CSV and the implementation strategies", Korea Business Review, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 59-83, 2016. https://doi.org/10.17287/kbr.2016.20.2.59
- So-Young An and Jin-Soo Han, "A Study on the effects of corporate social responsibility hotel image, customer satisfaction and customer loyalty", Journal of Tourism & Leisure Research, Vol. 26, No. 4, pp. 101-120, 2014.
- Jin-Yong Park, "The effect of ethical management on customer citizenship behavior and relationship quality", Korean Journal of Business Administration, Vol. 26, No. 3, pp. 673-693, 2013.