- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Intention of Using Wearable Devices: Based on Modified Technology Acceptance Model
웨어러블 디바이스 사용의도에 관한 실증 연구: 수정된 기술수용모델을 중심으로
- Jeong, Jee-Yeon (Dep't of Business Administration, Shanghai Jiao Tong University) ;
- Roh, Tae-Woo (Dep't of International Trade and Commerce, Soonchunhyang University)
- Received : 2017.02.27
- Accepted : 2017.04.20
- Published : 2017.04.28
This study examined the factors affecting the intention to use the wearable device consumers and the factors that have positive effects on the intention to use the wearable device or the consumers who have not yet used the wearable device. The purpose of this study was to examine the perceived usefulness, perceived usefulness, consumer individuality (individual innovation, self-efficacy, subjective norm) and wearable device characteristics (aesthetics, compatibility) of technology acceptance model (TAM). The results of the analysis are as follows. This study focused on the effect of consumers on the intention to use. (TPB) and Davis (1989) proposed technology acceptance model which is applied to various fields to predict the intention to use as it is proved validity and usefulness as a theory explaining various social behaviors. TAM) in order to examine the intention to use. In addition, we added consumer characteristics and variables related to product characteristics of wearable devices, which have not been studied much in previous studies.
Supported by : 순천향대학교
- KT Economic Research Institute, "2015 Mobile Trend Forecast", Seoul: KT, 2015.
- IMS Research, "World market for wearable technology: Market assessment", NY: IMS, 2013.
- Korea Industrial Technology Evaluation and Management Service, "Status and prospects of wearable computer." PD Issue Reporter, Vol.13, No. 6, pp.59-77, 2013.
- F. D. Davis, R. P. Bagozzi, and P. R. Warshaw, "User acceptance of computer technology: A comparison of two theoretical models." Management Science, Vol 35, No. 8, pp.982-1003, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.35.8.982
- M. Fishbein, and I. Ajzen, "Belief, attitude, intention and behavior: An introduction to theory and research", 1975.
- I. Ajzen, "From intentions to actions: A theory of planned behavior", Belrin: Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 1995.
- I. Ajzen, "Perceived Behavioral Control, Self-Efficiency, Lotus of Control, and the Theory of Planned Behavior." Vol. 32, Vol. 4, pp.665-683, 2002 https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1559-1816.2002.tb00236.x
- S. Y. Baek, "In Search of Moderators in the Technology Acceptance Model with Meta-Analysis." Korean Management Review, Vol 38, No. 5, pp.1353-1380, 2009.
- S. H. Park, and Y. J. Choi, "The Study of Educational Mobile Application Usage Based on Technology Acceptance Model." Vol.82, pp.9-35, 2010.
- S. H. Sohn, Y. J. Choi, and H. S. Hwang, HS "Understanding Acceptance of Smartphone among Early Adopters Using Extended Technology Acceptance Mode." The Korean Society for Journalism & Communication Studies, Vol.55, No.2, pp.227-251, 2011.
- V. Venkatesh, M. H. Morris, M. G., H. B. Davis, and F. D. Davis, "User acceptance of information technology: Toward a unified view." MIS Quarterly, Vol.27, No.3, pp.425-478, 2003. https://doi.org/10.2307/30036540
- Y. H. Song, and W. M. Hur, "Exploratory Study of Adoption and Diffusion of Premium Digital Convergence Product: Moderating Effecting of Social Value." Knowledge Management Research, Vol.12, No.1, pp.53-76, 2011.
- J. P. Park, and J. Y. Kim, "Study on Response of Consumers for Mobile Advertisement: Based on TAM," Journal of OOH Advertising Research, Vol.7, No.4, pp.71-103, 2010.
- J. C. Nunnally, I. H. Bernstein, I. H. and J. M. T. Berge, "Psychometric theory", NY: McGraw-Hill, 1967.
- G. S. Ryu, "Development of Educational Model for ICT-based Convergence Expert", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 75-80, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.075
- J. Y. Lee, "Software Development Process Improvement Training and Collaboration Capabilities Optimized to the Psychological Type of ICT Engineer", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 105-111, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.105
- Y. Z. Li and Y. S. Choi, "Design and Implementation of Wearable Device using Lithium Polymer consist of Peltier." Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 5. No.2, pp.15-20, 2015.
- E. G. Lim, Z. Hwang, and S. Lee, "Wearable antenna for Body area Network," Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 3. No.2, pp.27-32, 2013.
- S. B. Yoon and E. Cho, "Convergence adoption model (CAM) in the context of a smart car service," Vol. 60, pp.500-507, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2016.02.082