- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
IT SMEs' External Information Network Diversity and Product Quality Improvement in the Era of Technology Convergence: The Mediating Role of the Production Process Improvement
기술 융합 시대에 IT 중소기업의 외부 정보 네트워크의 다양성과 제품 품질 개선: 생산 공정 개선의 매개적 역할
- Hau, Yong Sauk (School of Business, Yeungnam University)
- 허용석 (영남대학교 경영학과)
- Received : 2017.02.26
- Accepted : 2017.04.20
- Published : 2017.04.28
Good product quality is so essential to enabling firms to succeed that how to make the product quality better through technology development is one of the most important issues that many CEOs think over. With regard to the product quality improvement from firms' technology development, this study has made an attempt to empirically investigate the effect of the external information network diversity on the product quality improvement of the small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the information technology (IT) sector, mediated by their production process improvement. This research illuminates the following two points by empirically analyzing the 310 IT SMEs through the ordinary least squares regression analysis. First, IT SMEs' external information network diversity has a positive influence on their product quality improvement from technology development. Second, IT SMEs' production process improvement partially mediates the impact of their external information network diversity on the product quality improvement.
Product Quality Improvement;Production Process Improvement;External Information Network Diversity;IT SMEs;Technology Convergence
- M. A. Schilling "Strategic Management of Technological Innovation", McGraw-Hill, 2013.
- S. A. Shane "Technology Strategy for Managers and Entrepreneurs", Pearson, 2014.
- A. Afuah "Innovation Management", Oxford, 2003.
- F. Betz "Managing technological innovation- Competitive Advantages from Change", Wiley, 2011.
- P. Trott "Innovation Management and New Product Development", Prentice Hall, 2012.
- Y. S. Hau, "External Information Network Diversity and Production Management Capability in IT SMEs in the Age of Digital Convergence: The Mediating Effect of Manufacturing Capability", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 9, pp. 99-104, 2015.
- Y. S. Hau, "IT SMEs' Product Planning Capability and Manufacturing Capability in the Context of Digital Convergence: The Mediating Impacts of the Product Exterior and Interior Design Capabilities", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 12, pp. 55-62, 2015.
- P. Wynarczyk, P. Piperopoulos and M. McAdam, "Open Innovation in Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises: An Overview", International Small Business Journal, Vol. 31, No.3, pp. 240-255, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1177/0266242612472214
- H. W. Chesbrough "Open Innovation - The New Imperative for Creating and Profiting from Technology", Harvard Business School Press, 2006.
- H. W. Chesbrough, "The Era of Open Innovation", MIT Sloan Management Review, Vol. 44, No. 3, pp. 35-41, 2003.
- Y. S. Hau, "An Empirical Analysis of the Influence of External Knowledge Network on SMEs' New Technology Development and Technology Commercialization Capabilities in the Perspective of Open Innovation", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 149-156, 2016.
- A. Bingham and D. Spradlin "The Open Innovation Marketplace-Creating Value in The Challenge Driven Enterprise", FT Press, 2011.
- L. J. Krajewski, L. P. Ritzman and M. K. Malhotra "Operations Management-Process and Supply Chains", Pearson, 2013.
- W. J. Stevenson and S. C. Chuong "Operations Management", McGraw Hill, 2014.
- J. Watson, "Modeling the relationship between networking and firm performance", Journal of Business Venturing, Vol. 22, No. 6, pp. 852-874, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusvent.2006.08.001
- M. E. Sobel, "Asymptotic Confidence Intervals for Indirect Effects in Structural Equation Models", Sociological Methodology, Vol. 13, pp. 290-312, 1982. https://doi.org/10.2307/270723
- R. M. Baron, and D. A. Kenny, "The Moderatorediator Variable Distinction in Social Psychological Research : Conceptual, Strategic, and Statistical Considerations", Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol. 51, No. 6, pp. 1173-1182, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35188.8.131.523
- A. Gautam, "Collaboration Networks, Structural Holes, and Innovation: A Longitudinal Study", Administrative Science Quarterly, Vol. 45, No. 3, pp. 425-455, 2000. https://doi.org/10.2307/2667105
- G. Lee, and S. Kim, "Technology Financing for Export-Import based Small and Medium Sized Enterprises: Focused on Supported Enterprises by the Export-Import Bank of Korea", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 7, pp. 11-20, 2016.
- M. Kim, and C. Lee, "A Study on the Relevance between Workers' Job Characteristics and Organizational Effectiveness by Job Stress in Small & Medium Sized Enterprises", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 207-215, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.5.207
- D. Lee, and S. Kim, "Determinants of Technology Transfer for Convergence Management Strategy of Small and Medium Enterprises", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 83-94, 2016.
- A. J. Min, T. S. Shin, and T. S. Kim, "A Study on Effect of Organizational Performance of SME in Gumi by R&D Learning Organization", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 163-170, 2016.
- D. Kim, "Revitalization small businesses of the overseas exchange through the convergence of private network (Focusing on Laos in the Indochina Peninsula)", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 31-36, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.2.031
- S. Hong and S. Jung, "The Study for the Image Quality Measurement in IPTV", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 39-43, 2011.
- S. Kim and H. Choi, "Analysis on the Relation between Small and Medium Firm's Stability and Tax Avoidance", Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 1-8, 2013.
- Y. Cho., S. Woo and S. Lee, "In Small and Medium Business the Government 3.0-based Big Data Utilization Policy", Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 15-22, 2013.