- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Understanding Acceptance of Fintech Service in Korea: Focused on Decomposed TPB into TAM
우리나라 소비자의 핀테크 수용 모형의 탐색: 기술수용모형의 분해계획행동이론을 중심으로
- Joo, Jihyuk (Depart. of Media & Communication, Far East University)
- 주지혁 (극동대학교 미디어홍보학과)
- Received : 2017.02.26
- Accepted : 2017.04.20
- Published : 2017.04.28
This study explored an appropriate research model that could explain and predict the spread of fintech, a new financial services in Korea. We reviewed two theoretical frameworks, theory of planned behavior(TPB) and technology acceptance model(TAM), which are frequently cited to explain human behavior and new technology adoption, respectively. Then, we proposed a decomposed theory of planned behavior(DTPB) as a research model and examined the model through PLS path modeling. As a result, every path except PEOU-ATT path in TAM is significant, and the explanatory power toward behavioral intention(R2=0.573) is also significantly greater in the proposed model. Accordingly, the proposed DTPB is appropriate to explain the spread of fintech in Korea. Finally, suggestions for the following studies are discussed.
Supported by : 극동대학교
- Korea Herald. "Restricted security software to be removed for easier, faster online shopping," March 23, 2015. http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php ud=0150323000757.
- J. Joo, "Comparison on predictive model of intention to use smartphones through iPhone users: Centered on TAM, TPB & Integrated model," Journal of Digital Policy, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 87-97, 2013.
- I. Ajzen, and M. Fishbein, Understanding attitudes and predicting social behavior, Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall Inc., 1980.
- B. H. Sheppard, J. Hartwick, and P. R. Warshaw, "The theory of reasoned action: A meta-analysis of past research with recommendations for modifications and future research," Journal of Consumer Research, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 325-343, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1086/209170
- I. Ajzen, "The theory of planned behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Vol. 50, No. 2, pp. 179-211, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1016/0749-5978(91)90020-T
- I. Ajzen, "Nature and operation of attitudes," Annual Review of Psychology, Vol. 52, No. 1, pp. 27-58, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.psych.52.1.27
- I. Ajzen, "Perceived Behavioral Control, Self-Efficacy, Locus of Control, and the Theory of Planned Behavior," Journal of Applied Social Psychology, Vol. 32, No. 4, pp. 665-683, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1559-1816.2002.tb00236.x
- F. D. Davis, "Perceived usefulness, perceived ease of use, and user acceptance of information technology," MIS Quarterly, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 319-340, 1989. https://doi.org/10.2307/249008
- F. D. Davis, "User acceptance of information technology: system characteristics, user perceptions and behavioral impacts," International Journal of Man-Machine Studies, Vol. 38, No. 3, pp. 475-487, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1006/imms.1993.1022
- J. Joo, "Extending technology acceptance model with social influence on Korean college students' social commerce context," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 107-115, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.3.107
- P. Y. Chau, and P. J. H. Hu, "Information technology acceptance by individual professionals: A model comparison approach," Decision Sciences, Vol. 32, No. 4, pp. 699-719, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-5915.2001.tb00978.x
- S. Taylor, and P. Todd, "Assessing IT usage: The role of prior experience," MIS Quarterly, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 561, 1995. https://doi.org/10.2307/249633
- D. Barclay, C. Higgins, and R. Thompson, "The partial least squares (PLS) approach to causal modeling: Personal computer adoption and use as an illustration," Technology Studies, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 285-309, 1995.
- D. Compeau, and C. A. Higgins, "A Social Cognitive Theory Perspective On Individual Reactions To Computing Technology." in International Conference on Information Systems(ICIS) Proceeding, pp. 187-198, 1991.
- J. Hartwick, and H. Barki, "Explaining the role of user participation in information system use," Management Science, Vol. 40, No. 4, pp. 440-465, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.40.4.440
- K. Mathieson, "Predicting user intentions: comparing the technology acceptance model with the theory of planned behavior," Information Systems Research, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 173-191, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.2.3.173
- G. C. Moore, and I. Benbasat, "Development of an instrument to measure the perceptions of adopting an information technology innovation," Information Systems Research, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 192-222, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.2.3.192
- R. L. Thompson, C. A. Higgins, and J. M. Howell, "Personal computing: toward a conceptual model of utilization," MIS Quarterly, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 125-143, 1991. https://doi.org/10.2307/249443
- KPF, Profile of Korean Media Audience in 2015 No. 2015-5, Korean Press Foundation, Seoul, Korea, 2015.
- C. M. Ringle, S. Wende, and A. Will, "SmartPLS release: 2.0," University of Hamburg, 2005.
- W. W. Chin, B. L. Marcolin, and P. R. Newsted, "A partial least squares latent variable modeling approach for measuring interaction effects: Results from a Monte Carlo simulation study and an electronic-mail emotion/adoption study," Information Systems Research, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 189-217, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.18.104.22.16818
- M. M. Wasko, and S. Faraj, "Why should I share? Examining social capital and knowledge contribution in electronic networks of practice," MIS Quarterly, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 35-57, 2005. https://doi.org/10.2307/25148667
- D. Gefen, D. W. Straub, and E. E. Rigdon, "An update and extension to SEM guidelines for administrative and social science research," Management Information Systems Quarterly, Vol. 35, No. 2, pp. iii-xiv, 2011.
- W. W. Chin, "Commentary: Issues and opinion on structural equation modeling," MIS Quarterly, Vol. 22, No. 14, pp. vii-xvi, 1998.
- C. M. Ridings, and D. Gefen, "Virtual community attraction: Why people hang out online," Journal of Computer‐Mediated Communication, Vol. 10, No. 1, 2004.
- M. N. Hajli, "A study of the impact of social media on consumers," International Journal of Market Research, Vol. 56, No. 3, pp. 387-404, 2014. https://doi.org/10.2501/IJMR-2014-025
- D. Gefen, "Reflections on the dimensions of trust and trustworthiness among online consumers," ACM Sigmis Database, Vol. 33, No. 3, pp. 38-53, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1145/569905.569910
- D. Gefen, E. Karahanna, and D. W. Straub, "Trust and TAM in online shopping: an integrated model," MIS Quarterly, Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 51-90, 2003. https://doi.org/10.2307/30036519
- P. A. Pavlou, "Consumer acceptance of electronic commerce: Integrating trust and risk with the technology acceptance model," International Journal of Electronic Commerce, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 101-134, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1080/10864415.2003.11044275
- W. W. Chin, A. Gopal, and W. D. Salisbury, "Advancing the theory of adaptive structuration: The development of a scale to measure faithfulness of appropriation," Information Systems Research, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 342-367, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.8.4.342
- B. H. Wixom, and H. J. Watson, "An empirical investigation of the factors affecting data warehousing success," MIS Quarterly, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 17-32, 2001. https://doi.org/10.2307/3250957
- P. Chwelos, I. Benbasat, and A. S. Dexter, "Research report: Empirical test of an EDI adoption model," Information Systems Research, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 304-321, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.12.3.304.9708