- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Impact of on Organizational Performance of Self-Leadership by Worker in Social Enterprise and Profit Enterprise
사회적기업과 영리기업에서 근로자 셀프리더십이 조직성과에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Yong-Jae (Dept. of Social Welfare, Hoseo University) ;
- Kim, Mi-Wha (Dept. of Social Welfare, Hoseo University)
- Received : 2017.02.01
- Accepted : 2017.04.20
- Published : 2017.04.28
The purpose of this study is to compare and analyze the impact of self-leadership by worker in social enterprises and profit enterprise. For this purpose, 36 social enterprises and commercial enterprises in Chungcheongnam-do and 303 workers were surveyed. Main results are as follows. First, the workers in social enterprises and profit enterprises have many different characteristics. The workers who work in social enterprise is more women, less educated and were the elderly than profit enterprise. This is the reason that social enterprises are employing women, elderly and vulnerable groups by the government's social work support policy. Second, self leadership and all organizational Performance areas in social enterprises is higher than that of profit companies. Third, self-leadership in social enterprise and profit enterprise has positive effect on organizational performance. Therefore, in order to improve the organizational performance of social enterprises must share organizational vision and goals for the workers. It will increase the organizational competitiveness. The Journal of Digital Policy & Management. This space is for the abstract of your study in English.
Social enterprise;Profit enterprise;Economic performance;Social performance;Organizational performance;Self-leadership
- K. W. Lee, "An Empirical study on the Success Factors of Sustainable Social Enterprise", Soong-Sil University", Doctoral Thesis, 2008.
- Danny. Oh, "A Study on Building and Growing process of Social Enterprise in Korea", Sungkyunkwan University, Doctoral Thesis, 2012.
- Dacin, P. A., Dacin, M. A. & Matear, M, "Social entrepreneurship: Why we don't need a new theory and how we move forward from here". Academy of Management Perspectives, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 37- 57, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5465/AMP.2010.52842950
- I. J. Lee, "Analysis of Social Enterprise Performance in 2012", Korea Labor Institute, 2013.
- Defourny, J. "Introduction, Form Third Sector to social Enterprise", Carlo Borzaga and Jacqes Defourny, eds. The emergence of social enterprise, routledge, 2001.
- J. Y. Ra, "Corporate Performance Measurement and SROI", 19th Social Enterprise Open Forum, Foundation Working Together, 2010.
- Perrini, F. & C. Vurro, "Social Entrepreneurship: Innovation and Social Change across Theory and Practice", in Mair, J., J. Robinson, and K. Hockerts(Eds.), Social Entrepreneurship', Palgrave Macmillan:New York, pp. 55-85, 2006.
- H. G. Jang, "Social Enterprise and Human Resource Strategy", 2006.
- Muchinsky, P. M, "Industrial and Organizational Psychology", 2009.
- Neck, C. P., Stewart, G. W. & Manz, C. C. "Thought Self-Leadership as a Framework for enhancing the Performance of Performance appraises". Journal of Applied Behavioral Science, Vol. 31, No. 3, 1995.
- Manz, C. C. & Sims, H. P. "New Super Leadership: Leading others to lead themselves," Barrett-Koeher, San France. CA, 2001.
- I. J. Jung, "Super readership". Seoul: 21st century books, 1995.
- S. J. Jang, "Effect of self-leadership and LMX of Hotel Employees on psychological empowerment and organizational citizenship behavior", Sejong University, Doctoral Thesis, 2011.
- Houghton J. D. & Neck. C .P, "The Revised Self-Leadership Questionaire: Testing a hierarchical factor structure for silf-leadership". Journal of Nanagerial Psychology, Vol. 17, No. 8, pp. 672-691, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1108/02683940210450484
- Neck, C. P. & Houghton, J. D, "Two decades of Self-leadership theory and research: Past development, Present trends, and Future possibilities. Journal of managerial Psychology, Vol. 24, No. 4, pp. 270-295, 2006.
- Y. K. Shin, "Revised Self-Leadership Questionnire", Hoseo University, master's thesis, 2009.
- J. H. Kim, "The Relationship between Self-concept and Self-leadership", Hanyang University, master's thesis, 2008.
- Manz, C. C. & Neck, D. P, "Mastering Self-Leadership: Empowering Yourself for personal Excellence", 2nd ed., NJ: Prentice-Hal, 2002..
- Manz, C. C. & Neck, D. P, "Mastering Self-Leadership: Empowering Yourself for personal Excellence", 3nd ed., Pearson Prentice-Hall. Upper Saddle River, NJ, 2004.
- D. J. Park, K. H. Lee, E. Y. Jang, J. H. Moon, "A Study on the Mediating Effect of Self-Leadership on the Influence of Transformational Leadership on Organizational Citizenship Behavior", Journal of the Society of Korea Industrial and Systems Engineering Vol. 35, No. 1, pp. 132-139, 2012.
- H. I. Ko, J. S. Song, G. S. Jang, "The Effects Of Self-Leadership On Trust In Supervisor And Organizational Citizenship Behavior", Journal of human resource management research, Vol. 18, No. 1. pp. 47-69, 2011.
- H. R. Lee, S. H. Lee, J. Y. Sim, "The Effect of Flight Attendants' Self-Leadership on Service Orientation-Focused on the Mediating Effect of Self-Efficacy-", Korean Airline Management, Vol. 11, No. 1, 2013.
- D. M. Yang, H. J. No, J. M. Park, H. J. Kim, K. J. Choi, D. S. Sim, "Relationship of Goal Self-Concordance to Goal Commitment: The Mediating Effect of Self Leadership", The Korean Journal of Human Resource Development, Vol. 13, No. 1, 117-138, 2011.3 https://doi.org/10.18211/kjhrdq.2011.13.1.006
- D. Y. Jung, M. S. Kim, "The Effect of Super-Leadership and Self-Leadership with LMX on Group Performance-Based on a Nonprofit Organization-", Productivity review, Vol. 24, No. 2, 2010. 2
- H. K. Yoon, "An Empirical Study on the Relationship among Self-Leadership, Organization Citizenship Behavior and Business Performance of the Workers in Citizenship Public Sports Center", Korea sport research, Vol. 16, No. 5, pp.251-260, 2005.
- S. K. Hwang, "A Study on the Effects of Self-Leadership on Job Involvement: The Mediating Effects of Intrinsic Motivation", Korean corporation management review, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 87-103, 2011.
- S. H. Choi, I. S. Jang, S. M. Park, H. Y. Lee, "Effects of Organizational Culture, Self-Leadership and Empowerment on Job Satisfaction and Turnover Intention in General Hospital Nurses", Journal of Korean academy of nursing administration, Vol. 20, No. 2, 2014.
- H. J. Won, S. H. Jo, "A Review of Research on Self-leadership in Nurses", Journal of Korean academy of nursing administration, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 382-393, 2013. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2013.19.3.382
- J. E. Lee, "The influence of Young Male job seeker's Ability upon Employ ability and intermediation effect of Self-leadership", Chung-Ang University, Master's thesis, 2013.
- B. C. Park, "The Effect of University's Organizational Culture on the Organizational Commitment of University Administrative Staff and the Mediating Effect of Self-Leadership", Chung-Ang University, Master's thesis, 2013.
- H. K. Jung, "The influence of superior's transformational leadership on Organizational effectiveness", Sookmyung Women's University, Master's thesis, 2010.
- Baum J. R., Locke, E. & Smith, K. G, "A Multidimensional Model of Venture Growth", Academy of Management Journal, Vol. 44, No. 2, pp. 292-303, 2001. https://doi.org/10.2307/3069456
- McGee.J. E., M. J. Dowling & Megginson, W. L, "Cooperative Strategy and New Venture Performance: The Role of Business Strategy and Management Experience", Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 16, pp. 565-580, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1002/smj.4250160706
- Merz, G. R. and Sauber, M. H, "Profiles of Managerial Activities in Small Firms". Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 16, pp. 551-564, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1002/smj.4250160705
- K. W. Lee, J. H. Kwon, "An Empirical Study on the Effect of Capacity Factors on Profit and Public Outcome of Social Enterprise", The Journal of Business Education, Vol. 35, No. 1, pp. 19-45, 2009.
- E. K. Jung, "The Relationship among Leadership competence of Social entrepreneurs, Organizational culture and Organizational performance", Cheongju University, Doctoral thesis, 2012.
- S. H. Ko, "A Converging Approach on Investment Strategies, Past Financial Information, and Investors' Behavioral Bias in the Korean Stock Market", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 6, pp. 205-2012, 2016.