- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A study on the service satisfaction of Chinese mobile Apps -Comparing paid and free services-
중국 모바일 앱 서비스 만족에 관한연구 -유료와 무료 모바일 서비스의 비교-
- Qin, Ying (Graduate School of Electronic Commerce, Chonnam National University) ;
- Lee, Sang-Joon (Graduate School of Business Administration, Chonnam National University) ;
- Lee, Kyeong-Rak (BK21 Plus Free e-Service Team, Chonnam National University)
- Received : 2017.01.16
- Accepted : 2017.04.20
- Published : 2017.04.28
The role of smartphones is changing from a communication system for exchanging calls and information into a universal platform for cultural services. Also, satisfaction for mobile application services on smartphones is a very important factor in the smart business. In This paper, we analyze the effects of the outcome, service scape, costs, and especially the impact of whether costumers having to pay or free for the app on customer satisfaction. For this purpose, we analyzed survey data on service quality of mobile app service from Chinese mobile app service users. We also analyzed the moderating effects of paid and free mobile app services. As a result, it was confirmed that the quality, servicescape quality and cost of mobile app service that customers perceive have a positive effect on customer satisfaction. In addition, the effect of the cost of mobile app service perceived by the customer on customer satisfaction showed that free mobile app service was more significant than paid mobile app service. This paper can be used as an alternative to monetization for providing a mobile app service provider or a mobile app service provider who wants to switch mobile app service from free to paid service.
Mobile app service;Service quality;Cost;Customer satisfaction;Outcome quality;Fluid interaction quality
- Y. H. Kim, Y. I. Choi, Y. H. Jin, D. W. Lee, "A Study on the Impact of Customer Dissatisfaction on Smartphone Applications", The Korean Society for Quality Management Journal, Vol. 40, No. 3, pp. 359-371, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7469/JKSQM.2012.40.3.359
- B. C Kim. "A Hybrid Generation Method of Visual Effects for Mobile Entertainment Applications", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 12, pp. 367-380, 2015.
- K. H. Yim, J. H. Kwon, Z. X. Quan, "The Effect of Benefits of Mobile Application Use-Diffusion and Purchase Intention in Service Management", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 63-69, 2016.
- T. M. Lee, S. Y. Song, S. A. La, "MOBISQUAL: Dimensionalizing and Measuring Mobile Internet Service Quality", Korea Marketing Association, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 145-1799, 2009.
- J. Park, H. Oh, S. Hong, "Service quality than customer satisfaction relationship of psychological mechanism", Journal of Consumer Studies, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 179-201, 2011.
- C.-H. Jung, J.-K. Kang, J.-Y. Han, "Mobile environment of mobile network features Study on the impact of customer satisfaction and loyalty", Journal of Marketing Studies, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 77-107, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1080/09652540500512139
- S-J. Yoo, E.-B. Choi, H. J. Kim, "An Empirical Study on the Flow Experience Affected by Characteristics of Mobile Internet", Information System Review, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 125-139, 2006.
- M. Heo, J. W. Kim, Y. S. Kim, "A Study on Service Quality of Mobile Internet Affecting Customer Satisfaction", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 161-176, 2010.
- Y. L. Yang, K. D. Lee, "A Comparative Analysis of User Satisfaction on Using Mobile Services between Korea and China", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 5, pp. 179-186, 2013.
- D. S. Youm, K. H. Park, "Factors Affecting User Satisfaction of Mobile Social Network Games : Focusing on the Quality and Self-determination", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 459-467, 2016.
- G. A. Churchill, and C. Surprenant, "An investigation into the determinants of customer satisfaction", Journal of Marketing, Vol. XIX, no. 4, pp. 491-504, 1982.
- J. A. Howard, J. N. Sheth, "The theory of buyer behavior", NewYork : Wiley. 1969.
- R. L. Oliver, "Measurement and evaluation of satisfaction processes in retail settings", Joumal of Retailing, Vol. 57, No. 3, pp. 25-48, 1981.
- H. S. Lee, Y. Kim. "Service Quality and Service Value", Asia Marketing Journal, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 77-99, 1999.
- A. Parasuraman, V. A. Zaithaml, L. L. Berry, "A Conceptual Model of Service Quality and Its Implications for Future Research", Journal of Marketing, Vol. 49, No. 3, pp. 41-50, 1985.
- E. W. Anderson, M. W. Sullivan, "The antecedents and consequences of customer satisfaction for firms", Marketing Science, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 125-143, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1287/mksc.12.2.125
- K. Y. Ji, J. Y. Han, "The Effect of Service Quality on Organizational Support and Job Satisfaction in Hotel Industry", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 10, No. 10, pp. 353-362, 2012.
- E. J. Kang, K. H. Lee, "Service Failure, Service Recovery Activity and Satisfaction with Online Shopping Channel of Apparel Products", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 115-125, 2013.
- H. J. Kim, S. L. Han, "The Effect of Technology Readiness and Customer Participation on Service Quality, Customer Satisfaction and Service Repurchase Intention - Focused on Family Restaurants", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 9, pp. 67-78, 2013.
- H., Lee, H. Kim, "An Exploratory Study on the smartphone app purchase decision factors", Journal of the Korea Society of Management Information Systems Conference, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 160-165, 2010.
- D. H. Min, G. H. Oh, "4P strategy based on mobile network game show part snow charge mode", Korean Society for Computer Game, Vol. 26, No. 2, pp. 81-92, 2013.
- K. Ha, "The software user satisfaction survey research", Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 216-224, 2012.
- C. Gronroos, "A Service Quality Model and its Marketing Implications", European Journal of Marketing, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 36- 44, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1108/EUM0000000004784
- A. Mol, J. Law, "Regions, Networks and Fluids: Anaemia and Social Topology", Social studies of science, Vol. 24, No. 4, pp. 641-671, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1177/030631279402400402
- M. J. Bitner, "Servicescapes: The Impact of Physical Surroundings on Customers and Employees", Journal of Marketing, Vol. 56, No. 5, pp. 57-71, 1992. https://doi.org/10.2307/1252042
- J. J. Cronin, M. K. Brady, G .T. M. Hult, "Assessing the effects of quality, value, and customer satisfaction on consumer behavioral intentions in service environments", Journal of Retailing, Vol. 76, No. 2, pp. 193-218, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(00)00028-2
- K.-H. Kim, "A Study on the Analysis of Consumer Convergence Preferences for Healthcare Information Service in Social Media", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 5, pp. 181-188, 2016.
- M. Lee, K. Kyung, "Development Method of Digital Content Finance-Focused on by Technical Value Evaluation", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 111-117, 2016.
- J.-Y. Lee, K.-I. Kim, "The Effents of Accounting Service Worker's Professionalism and Accounting Information System's Level on the Quality of Customer's Accounting Information", Jourmal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 1-6, 2016.
- K.-I. Kim, "The Impact of Several Mangement Tools and Techniques Adoption on Strong Small Business Enterprises' Performance", Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 7-12, 2016.