- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Application Profile for Multi-Cultural Content Based on KS X 7006 Metadata for Learning Resources
다문화 구성원을 위한 학습자원 메타데이터 응용표준 프로파일
- Cho, Yong-Sang (Korea Education and Research Information Service) ;
- Woo, Ji-Ryung (HRD Development Office., etville Inc.) ;
- Noh, KyooSung (Dept. of Global Business Administration, Sunmoon University)
- Received : 2017.03.03
- Accepted : 2017.04.20
- Published : 2017.04.28
Korea is rapidly becoming a multicultural society in recent years, and the number of multicultural families in 2015 exceeds 3.5% and 800,000. Also, as international marriage rate exceeds 10% by 2016, the number of multicultural families is expected to steadily increase. This study is a design of a metadata application profile as part of the foundation for providing learning resources and content tailored to the needs and preferences of married immigrant women and multicultural family members who need to adapt to Korean society. In order to verify the necessity of the research, we conducted an in-depth interview by screening consumer groups, and analyzed the relevant international and Korean national standards as de-jure standards for the design of metadata standard profiles. Then, we analyzed the contents characteristics for multicultural members, and organized the necessary metadata elements into profiles. We defined the mandatory/optional conditions to reflect the needs of content providers. This study is meaningful in that the study analyzes the educational needs of married immigrant women and presents the necessary metadata standards to develop and service effective educational content, such as korean-to-korean conversion system, personalized learning contents recommendation service, and learning management system.
Supported by : Korea Evaluation Institude of Industrial Technology
- Y. S. Cho & H. S. Chung, "A Study on Linked Data Profile for Curriculum Standards and Achievement Statements", Journal of The Korea Association of Information Education Reserach, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp.63-68, 2016.
- Y. S. Cho & H. S. Chung, "Contribution of Korean experts on Note achievement standards scheme and LOD profiling". ISO/IEC JTC1 SC36/WG4 N2140, 2015.
- DCMI Type Vocabulary. Available at http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-type-vocabulary/
- MIME Media Types. Available at http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/
- IEEE Std 1484.12.1-2002, IEEE Standard for Learning Object Metadata
- ISO/IEC 19788-2 Metadata for learning resources - Part 2: Dublin Core elements
- ISO/IEC 19788-4 Metadata for learning resources - Part 4: Technical elements
- ISO/IEC 19788-5 Metadata for learning resources - Part 5: Educational elements
- IETF RFC 3986, Uniform Resource Identifier (URI): Generic Syntax, January 2005.
- IETF RFC 4122, A Universally Unique IDentifier (UUID) URN Namespace, July 2005.
- ISO 2108:2005, Information and documentation -International standard book number (ISBN)
- ISO 15836:2009, Information and documentation - The Dublin Core metadata element set
- Date and Time Formats, W3C Note. Available at http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-datetime
- RFC 4646 Tags for Identifying Languages. Available at http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4646.txt
- Wikipedia, "Big data", http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ big_data
- NCA. GUIDELINES FOR jisik INFORMATION jawon deiteo. 2004.
- Y. A. Jung, "A Study on the Education Model for Information Literacy Improvement of Multi-cultural Family Children", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 2. No. 1, pp. 15-20, 2011.
- H. Y. Choi, "MetaData Cnfiguration of Architecture Asset", Journal of Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp.151-156, 2016. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2016.6.4.151
- J. I. Yi & J. S. Han, "A study on developing a Learning material Screening system for improving foreign language learning efficiency", Journal of Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp.87-92, 2017. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2017.7.1.087
- Y. J. Kim, "Convergence of Business Information System Process using Knowledge-based Method", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp.65-71, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.065