- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Sense of Community and Trust in Charitable Organization on Donation Motive and Attitude of Adolescents
청소년의 공동체의식과 기부기관신뢰가 기부동기와 기부태도에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Chang-Seek (Dept. of Child and Adolescent Welfare) ;
- Jang, Ha-Young (Dept. of Lifelong Education)
- Received : 2017.03.02
- Accepted : 2017.04.20
- Published : 2017.04.28
The purpose of this study was to investigate the effects of a sense of community and trust in charitable organization on donation motive and attitude. For this study, 901 adolescents were surveyed in four areas of Chungnam province. And data analysis was performed by frequency analysis, T-test, ANOVA, correlation analysis, and structural equation modeling. The major results were as follow. First, it was found out that donation attitude was higher in female adolescents than male adolescents, and in high school students than middle school students. Second, there were positively significant correlation among a sense of community, trust in charitable organization, donation motive, and donation attitude. Third, as a result of SEM, donation motive was fully mediated between trust in charitable organization and donation attitude as well as between a sense of community and donation attitude. Lastly, the limitations of this study and policy implication for the activation of donation were presented.
Adolescents;A sense of community;Trust in charitable organization;Donation motive;Donation attitude;Donation
- E. H. Kim, "A study on effect on contribute attitude about the Social Contributions Contributors of priori factor and Donation Motivation", Unpublished Master's dissertation, Joongbu University, 2012.
- K. H. Chun, & Y. G. Hong, & M. A. Yoon, & I. S. Song, "Understanding and practice of ethical consumption", Seoul: Sigmapress, 2014.
- J. Y. Kim, & D. S. Kim, "Effects of the subjective class consciousness and social capital on donation behavior", Health and Social Welfare Review, Vol. 33, No.2 , pp.401-430, 2013. https://doi.org/10.15709/hswr.2013.33.2.401
- Giving Korea 2015, http://beautifulfund.org (Feb 20, 2017)
- C. S. Lee, & K. B. Song, "A study on the donations and related variables of adolescents", The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 11, No. 12, pp.725-734, 2013.
- M. H. Ryu, "A study on adolescent consumers' donation attitude and donation intention", Journal of Korean Home Management Association, Vol. 33, No. 6, pp.97-113, 2015. https://doi.org/10.7466/JKHMA.2015.33.6.97
- J. M. Choi, "The role of Christian parents in the recovery of the Church's public responsibility in the education sector", Mission and Theology, Vol. , No. 40, pp.479-506, 2016.
- U. O. Baek, & J. K, Kam, "Influence of adolescents' consciousness of social responsibility on their willingness to continue volunteering and multiple mediation effects of motivations", Journal of School Social Work, Vol. 34, No. 1, pp.109-134, 2016. https://doi.org/10.20993/jSSW.34.6
- Korea's social indicators, www.kostat.go.kr (Feb, 20, 2017)
- H. J. Ha, "A study on the factors influencing individual donations in Korea", Unpublished Master's dissertation, Chungju University, 2004.
- K. S. Park, & D. W. Kim, "A study on the variable factors affecting the elementary and secondary school teachers' sustained donation", Civil Society and NGO, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp.221-248, 2012.
- J. S. Han, "A Study on factors affecting sustainable donation behaviors", Unpublished Master's dissertation, Ehwa Women's University, 2004.
- T. S. Jeong, "A study on Convergence School Adjustment and Parameter Validation of the Sense of Community", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No.1, pp.183-188, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.1.183
- M. S. Kim, "A Study on the factors related with adolescents' donation motive and attitude toward donation", Unpublished Doctoral dissertation, Hanseo university, 2013.
- H. S. Kim, "The effects of consumers' psychological factors on the donation attitude and behaviors toward charity organizations", Unpublished Master's dissertation, Chosun university, 2014.
- S. H. Cho, "Research on the factors that affect donation attitude", Unpublished Master's dissertation, Hannam university, 2009.
- E. W. Lee, "The relationship between perceptions and attitudes of individual donations", Unpublished Master's dissertation, Sookmyung Women's university, 2011.
- C. S. Lee, & M. H. Shin, & Y. W. Lee, & H. Y. Jang, "A study on the factors influencing on young people's donation attitude: A comparison of school levels", Indian Journal of Science and Technology, Vol 9, No. 43, pp.1-7, 2016.
- S. H. Kim, "A Study on the psychological factors affecting on the on-line donation behavior and attitude: Focused on the economical characteristics of cyber money", Unpublished Master's dissertation, Sookmyung Women's university, 2009.
- S. B. Kim, & B. Ryu, "A Study on the mediating effects of ritualization between private donor's motivation and attitude", Korean NPO Review, Vol. 11, No.1 pp.161-190, 2012.
- Yoo, S. J, "AStudy on the determinants of philanthropy: focusing on Seoul citizens", Unpublished Master's dissertation, Yonsei university, 2001.
- G. Y. Eun, "Reflection effects of adolescents' volunteer services on citizenship", Unpublished doctoral disseretation, Seoul National university, 2002.
- J. J. Ju, "Effect of cooperative learning on promoting sense of community in social studies", Seoul National university, 2003.
- Y. A. Choi, "The effect of community service on the cultivation of the senses of community and participation", Unpublished Master's dissertation, Ewha women's university, 2005.
- T. L, Drollinger, "A multidisciplinary model of monetary donations to charitable organization", Unpublished Doctoral dissertation, Purdue University, 1997.
- Y. N. Kim, "A Study on the donations and philanthropic effort in social welfare organization: in focus of on-line-donation", Unpublished Master's dissertation, Ewha Women's university, 2002.
- H. L. Cho, "A study on personal and organizational traits related with volunteer activities in the area of Korea social welfare", Unpublished Doctoral dissertation, Soongsil university, 1991.
- Y. G. Kim, "A Study on factors influencing online donation behavior to charities", Unpublished Master's dissertation, Ewha Women's university, 2003.
- N. S. Kim, "A Study of giving strategies by analysis of giving stimulus", Journal of Community Welfare, Vol., No. 28, pp.133-155, 2009.