- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Effectiveness of the Flipped Learning using the Smart Device
스마트 디바이스를 활용한 플립드 러닝의 효과에 관한 연구
- Pi, Su-Young (Dept. of Institute of Liberal Education, Catholic University of Daegu) ;
- Do, Suk-Jin (College of Liberal Education, Dongguk University)
- Received : 2017.02.27
- Accepted : 2017.04.20
- Published : 2017.04.28
With advances in technology, many researchers have made an effort to find out educational methods with customized instruction. The purpose of the research is to investigate i) if flipped learning is beneficial for the students taking intermediate-level English grammar and writing class compared with the traditional class, ii) if the flipped learning class is advantageous for all the score level students in terms of student achievement and iii) if the students feel motivated with the flipped learning class. T-test was utilized to determine any differences between pretest and posttest in student achievement. The result in terms of the academic achievement revealed that the flipped classroom approach for the low score group was found to be the least effective among others. In the case of flipped learning teaching method, the instructor should develop contents according to the level of learners. The development of customized contents tailored to the level of learners will enhance learners' learning achievement.
Flipped Learning;Flipping the Classroom;Smart Learning;Clicker Program;Pingpong App
- S. I. Park, S. E. Lee & J. E. Song, "Major Factors Influencing Effective On/offline Learning on the Blended Learning in Higher Education", The Journal of Korean Society of Yeolin Education, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 17-45, 2007.
- N. S. Seo, S. J. Woo & Y. J. Ha, "The Effects of Self-directed Learning Ability and Motivation on Learning Satisfaction of Nursing Students in Convergence Blended Learning Environment", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 9, pp. 11-19, 2015.
- K. H. Bae, "A Study on Development and Application of Cooperative Learning Model for Interdisciplinary Approach in Curriculum Development", The Journal of Korean society for educational technology, Vol. 28, No. 4, pp. 907-924, 2012.
- J. Bergmann, A. Sams, "Flip Your Classroom: Reach Every Student in Every Class Every Day", International Society for Technology in Education, 2012.
- S. Y. Pi, M. S. Lee, "Developing a Convergent Class Model of Augmented Reality and Art", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 85-93, 2016.
- J. I. Yi, J. S. Han, "A study on developing a Learning material Screening system for improving foreign language learning efficiency", Journal of Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 87-92, 2017. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2017.7.1.087
- D. Y. Lee, "Research on Developing Instructional Design Models for Flipped Learning", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 12, pp. 83-92, 2014.
- D. Y. Lee, J. H. Park, "Exploring new directions of flipped Learning with a focus on teachers' perceptions", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 8, pp. 1-9, 2016.
- S. J. Heo, "Learning Effect Analysis for Flipped Learning based Computer Use Instruction", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8. No. 1, pp. 155-162, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.1.155
- Y. J. Park, "A Theoretical Exploration of Pedagogical Meaning of Flipped Learning from the Perspective of Dialogism", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8. No. 1, pp. 173-179, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.1.173
- H. Hughes, "Introduction to Flipping the College Classroom", Proceedings from world Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications, pp. 2434-2438, 2012.
- J. Y. Lee, S. H. Park, H. J. Kang, S. Y. Park, "An Exploratory Study on Educational Significance and Environment of Flipped Learning", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 9, pp. 313-323, 2014.
- I. A. Kim, B. R. Lim, J. Y. Park, "Exploring the Theoretical Framework and Teaching & Learning Strategies of Smart Learning: Using Cases of University Classrooms", The Journal of Korean Association For Educational Methodology, Vol. 24, No. 2, pp. 283-303, 2012.
- S. H. Choi, "A Study on Smart Campus Information Services", Journal of Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 79-83, 2016.
- S. Y. Pi, "Educational Utilization of Smart Devices in the Convergence Education Era", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 29-37, 2015.
- Y. H. Lee, H. J. Cho & J. H. Lee, "Implementation of Educational Service for Environmental Saver using Smart Device", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 1-8, 2015.