- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Status and Suggestions for Big Data Adaptation in the Government and the Public Agency
정부 및 공공기관에서의 빅데이터 활용에 대한 현황 및 실행방안 제안
- Byeon, Hyeon-Su (Division of Public Administration, Korea National University of Transportation)
- 변현수 (국립 한국교통대학교 행정학부)
- Received : 2017.01.03
- Accepted : 2017.04.20
- Published : 2017.04.28
Volume in data storage is growing more than ever before. This phenomenon is caused by the participation of governments and firms as well as general users. As for big data, governments and public agencies are likely to play important roles in applications since they can access and operate personal data for public purposes. In this study, the author examined the status and countermeasure of big data from different countries and drew some common grounds. The suggestions are as follows. First of all, securing manpower and technology have to take precedence. In addition, share and development between the government and the private sector are required. And organizations should come up with long-term strategies along with the development of data loading and analysis. In conclusion, the author propose the recognition of the importance of data management, privacy protection and the expansion of field application possibilities for political usage of big data.
Big Data;Government;Public Agency;Policy Making;Data Adaptation
- EMC Korea, "Report on Digital Universe: The Research on Digital Data of Korea," 2014.
- Jin Kwak, "Research on Security of Education and Administration Agencies Based on Big Data," Korea Education & Research Information Service, 2014.
- J. Gantz and D. Reinsel, "Extracting Value from Chaos," IDC, 2011.
- Mckinsey Global Institute, "Big Data: The Next Frontier for Innovation, Competition, and Productivity," 2011.
- J. I. Beom, S. J. Choi, and D. H. Song, "Cases and Implications of Big Data," Nonghyup Economics Research Institute, 2013.
- A. T. Yassin, and E. Hamoudy, "Analyzing 6Vs of Big Data Using System Dynamics," The 2nd Scientific Conference of the College of Science, 2014.
- B. Hopkins, and B. Evelson, "Expand Your Digital Horizon with Big Data," Forrester, 2011.
- P. Warden, "Big Data Glossary," O'Reilly Media, 2011.
- Kyoo-Sung Noh, and Joo-Yeoun Lee, "Convergence Study on Model of Job Design Support Platform Using Big data and AI," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 7, pp. 167-174, 2016.
- National Information Society Agency, "Securing Data Resources and Quality Management in the Big Data Era," IT & Future Strategy, No. 5, 2012.
- UN Economic and Social Council, "Report of the Global Working Group on Big Data for Official Statistics," 2016
- Jinkeun Hong, "The Security Policy for Big data of US Government," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 10, pp. 403-409, 2013.
- Minister for the Cabinet Office and Paymaster General, "Open Data White Paper Unleashing the Potential," The Stationery Office, UK Government, 2012.
- National Information Society Agency, "Japan's Active JapanICT Strategy," IT Issues Weekly, No. 374, 2012.
- Y. C. Jeong, "Big Data Revolution and Media Policy Issue," Korea Information Society Development Institute, 2012.
- Institute for Information & Communications Technology Promotion, "China's Policy Trends of Activation of the Big Data Industry," Overseas ICT R&D Policy Trends, 2014.
- Hanna Kim, "The Trend and Implication for Big Data," Policy of Broadcasting and Telecommunication, KISDI, Vol. 24, No. 19, pp. 49-67, 2012.
- National Information Society Agency, "The Big Data Era for a New Future," 2013.
- ETNews, "Samsung, SK Telecom, KT, Operate the Project of the Big Data Use," August 16th, 2012.
- G. S. Noh, "A Exploratory Study on Big-Data Based Election Campaign Strategy Model in South Korea," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 12, pp. 113-120, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.12.113
- Hankookilbo, "Smartphones in the Hand of 68% Voters...Mobile Election 2016 in the U.S.," August 26th, 2015.
- Hankook Economics Magazine, "Stop Tax Leakage, Exposure of Tax Evasion and Fraud...IRS $345 Billion Reduction," March 4th, 2013.
- ZDNET Korea, "Arrest the Boston Terrorist by the Aid of Big Data," April 18th, 2013.
- M. Y. Yoon, "Cases and Policies of Public Big Data," The Real Estate Focus, Korea Appraisal Board, Vol. 61, pp. 4-13, 2013.
- Money Today, "Rio De Janeiro Becomes More Smart by the Benefit of Big Data," July 23th, 2013.
- Korea Communication Agency, "Trends and Implications Classified by Important Factors in Relation to Big Data Application Steps," 2013.
- IBM, "Transform Your Business with Data and Analytics," 2014.
- IT World, "Storage's Journey across Cloud and Big Data Environments," 2013.
- R. H. L. Chiang, P. Goes, and E. A. Stohr, "Business Intelligence and Analytics Education and Program Development: A Unique Opportunity for the Information Systems Discipline," ACM Transactions on Management Information Systems, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp. 1-12, 2012.
- V. Mayer-Schonberger, and K. Cukier, "Big Data: A Revolution that Will Transform How We Live, Work and Think," Eamon Dolan/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2013.
- Min Gu Song, "The Suggestion of New Big Data Platform for the Strengthening of Privacy and Enabled of Big Data," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 12, pp. 155-164, 2016.
- National Information Society Agency, "OECD Privacy Framework," 2013.
- J. H. Park, "Hugh Debt Rush in 2015," 2012.
- S. H. Park, "The Study on Current State and Outlook of Big Data Public Relations," Conference on Korean Academic Society for Public Relations, pp. 85-89, 2015.
- Mashable.com, "5 Ways Cities Are Using Big Data," September 26th, 2013.
- R. Prabhu, "Opportunities and Limitation of Big Data in Evidence-Based Policy Making," Norwegian Board of Technology, 2013.
- T. M. Song, "Analysis of Trends on Health Care Policies Using Social Big Data," Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs, 2014.
- T. J. Lee, and B. J. Kim, "An Empirical Analysis of the Applicability of Social Big Data Analytics to Public Policy Communication Planning," Journal of Public Relations, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 355-384, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15814/jpr.2015.19.1.355
- Bong Choi, "An Analysis of Economic Effect on Utilization of Big Data and Information Disclosure on Public Sector," The Seoul Institute, 2013.
- Institute for Information & Communications Technology Promotion, "Japan's ICT Policy Trend in Information Communication White Paper," 2014.
- Jin Su Kim, "Subway Congestion Prediction and Recommendation System Using Big Data Analysis," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 11, pp. 289-295, 2016.
- Youngmi Kim, "Changes and Strategies of the Government Service Paradigm through Using Big Data: Focused on Disaster Safety Management in Seoul City," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 59-65, 2017. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.2.59
- S. H. Lee, and D. W. Lee, "FinTech-Conversions of Finance Industry Based on ICT," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 97-102, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.3.097
- J. H. Kim, J. Y. Go, and K. H. Lee, "A Scheme of Social Engineering Attacks and Countermeasures Using Big Data Based Conversion Voice Phishing," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 85-91, 2015.
- Y. B. Cho, S. H. Lee, and S. H. Woo, "In Small and Medium Business the Government 3.0-Based Big Data Utilization Policy," Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 15-22, 2013.
- Y. S. Jeong, "Business Process Model for Efficient SMB Using Big Data," Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 11-16, 2015.
- K. S. Noh, and J. Y. Lee, "A Study on Analysis of the Differences for Perception of Big Data in Era of Convergence," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 10, pp. 305-312, 2015.