- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Development of a Blended-learning based Online Self-directed Learning Ability Measurement Scale for Youth
청소년을 위한 블렌디드러닝 기반 온라인 자기주도학습능력 종합진단검사 도구 개발
- Kim, Pan Soo (Soongsil University CK Instructional Development Institute) ;
- Choi, Seong Woo (Soongsil University CK Instructional Development Institute) ;
- Kang, Hyoung Gu (Soongsil University CK Instructional Development Institute) ;
- Jeon, Kyu Tae (Soongsil University CK Instructional Development Institute) ;
- Jhun, Min Kyung (Soongsil University CK Instructional Development Institute)
- 김판수 (숭실대학교 CK교수학습계발연구소) ;
- 최성우 (숭실대학교 CK교수학습계발연구소) ;
- 강형구 (숭실대학교 CK교수학습계발연구소) ;
- 전규태 (숭실대학교 CK교수학습계발연구소) ;
- 전민경 (숭실대학교 CK교수학습계발연구소)
- Received : 2016.10.21
- Accepted : 2017.04.20
- Published : 2017.04.28
The purpose of the study is to develop an online measurement scale for diagnosing self-directed learning ability for students in Korea. In order to achieve the goal, literature review, case analyses, and experts interview were carried out and finalized the blended-learning based SMMIS model. A total of 1,626 elementary, middle and high school students participated in the scale survey to validate the credibility and validity. Based on these results, an online measurement tool for self-directed learning was developed. The tool can be used in blended-learning environment to maximize its effectiveness. In conclusion, we discussed about implications and strategies for the blended-learning based on self-directed learning program model for young students, and suggested future vision and further research.
- L. Johnson, S. Adams, & M. Cummins, "NMC Horizon Report: 2013 K-12 Edition. Austin, Texas: The New Media Consortium", 2013.
- MEST, "Implementation plans for smart learning. Report presented at the open policy forum of Ministry of Education, Science and Technology(MEST)", Seoul, Korea, 2011
- J. H. Kang, "A Study on Utilizing SNS to Vitalize Smart Learning". Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 9, No. 5, pp. 265-274, 2011.
- J. R. Malpss, H. F. O'Neil, & D. Hocevar, "Self-regulation, self-efficacy, and high-stakes math achievement for mathematically gifted high school students," Roeper Review, Vol.21, pp.281-299, 1995.
- Y. B. Kim, "Development of a blended learning model using differentiated learning pattern", Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 463-471, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2010.10.3.463
- E. C. Kang, & K. Y. Park, "E-learning environment of structured information strategies for learning enhancement", International Conference of Educational Technology Semi-Annual Conference Kit, pp. 191-215, 2001.
- I. Choi, "The study of self-regulated learning related variables in web-based blended learning: With a focus on school adjustment behavior, academic burnout, self-determination, and participation in e-learning", The Journal of Yeolin Education, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 237-260, 2014.
- K. Mantyla, "Blending e-learning: The power os on the mix, Alexandria, VA: ASTD", 2001.
- J. Y. Lee, "A study on the selection of content delivery strategies to improve learner satisfaction and performance of e-learning courses in higher education", Journal of Educational Technology, Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 185-214, 2004. https://doi.org/10.17232/KSET.20.4.185
- N. S. Seo, S. J. Woo, & Y. J. Ha, "The Effects of Self-directed Learning Ability and Motivation on Learning Satisfaction of Nursing Students in Convergence Blended Learning Environment", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 9, pp. 11-19, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.9.11
- K., Facer, & R. Sandford, "The next 25 years?: Future scenarios and future directions for education and technology", Journal of Computer Assisted Learning, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 74-93, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2729.2009.00337.x
- J. Y. Lee, S. H. Park, H. J. Kang & S. Y. Park, "An exploratory study on educational significance environment of flipped learning", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 9, pp. 313-323, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.9.313
- H. J. Kim & H. S. Lim, "Exploring on Digital Textbooks for Teachers and Students", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 33-42, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.2.033
- P. S. Jang, "Effect of Flow Experience, Self-directed Learning Readiness and Internet Addiction on Academic Achievement in Web-based Computer Education", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 293-300, 2012. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2012.10.1.293
- M. S. Knowles, "Self-directed learning: A guide for leaners and teachers. NY: Association Press", 1975.
- P. S. Kim, & H. G. Baek, "The Critical Time of the Learning. Seoul: Kyoyokbook". 2007..
- B. J. Zimmerman, "Development of self-regulated learning: Which are the key sub-process", Contemporary Educational Psychology, Vol. 16, pp. 307-313, 1986.
- P. S. Kim, & S. W. Choi, "Self-directed Learning & Coaching. Seoul: Njoyschool", 2010.
- H. G. Kang, "Effects of the self-directed learning Soongsil Model "SMMIS" for high school students in Korea", International Conference for Media in Education Round Table, 2010.
- C. I. Yoon, "The effects of self-directed learning teacher's education based on SMMIS model on self-directed learning ability and teacher-efficacy". Unpublished master thesis, Soongsil University, 2013.
- K. H. Lee, "An analysis of structural relationships of secondary school teachers' self-directed learning ability, teacher efficacy, learning persistence, and job satisfaction, based on SMMIS Model", Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Soongsil University, 2013.
- S. H. Park , "A development and an analysis of effectiveness of a blended learning program for enhancing parental efficacy", Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Soongsil University, 2014.
- S. Lee, H. Jeon, & J. Nah, "The effect of contents presentation types, levels and metacognition on concept map in online learning", The Journal of Korean association of computer education, Vol. 16, No. 6, pp. 71-81, 2013.
- Oliver, R., & Omari, A., "Exploring student interaction in collaborative world wide web computer-based learning environments", Jl. of Educational Multimedia and Hypermedia, 7(2/3), 263-287, 1998.
- D. Y. Lee, "Reserach on developing instructional design models for flipped learning", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 12, pp. 83-92, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.12.83
- J. Lee & H. K. Park, "A Study on Cases for Application of Flipped Learning in K-12 Education", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 8, pp. 19-36, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.8.19
- S. W. Choi, P. S. Kim, J. Y. Park, M. Y. Kim, H. G. Kang, & S. Y. Kim, "Development of the 'Playing School' System Model; A practical field of cultivating creative personality and career exploration experience for middle school students' free-semester", The Journal of Educational Information and Media, Vol 21, No 4, pp.543-57, 2015.
- D. Y. Lee & J. H. Park, "Exploring new directions of flipped learning with a focus on teachers' perceptions", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 8, pp. 1-9, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.8.1
- Drischoll, "Blended learning", E-learning, Vol. 3., No. 3, pp. 54-56, 2002.
- H. Singh, & C. A. Reed, "White paper: Achieving success with blended learning: Redwood Shores, CA. CEntra Software", 2001.
- Sang-Hyun Ji, "A Convergence Study on the Effect of Investor Relation on Financial Ratios", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8. No. 1, pp. 181-186, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.1.181
- Il-Seon Hyeon, "The Effects of Convergence -Based Education on Core Basic Nursing Skills on the Self-efficacy, Confidence and Department Satisfaction of Lower-Class Nursing Students", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8. No. 1, pp. 163-171, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.1.163
- Byung-Jin Jeon, Deok-Byeong Yoon, Seung-Soo Shin, Improved Integrated Monitoring System Design and Construction, Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 25-33, 2017.
- Jin-Hee Ku, Designing an App Inventor Curriculum for Computational Thinking based Non-majors Software Education, Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 61-66, 2017. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2017.7.1.061