- Volume 29 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Analysis of a Fishing System that Employs a Red Seabream Feeding Behavior in the Long Line Fishery
연승어업에서 참돔의 섭식행동을 응용한 어획시스템의 성능 분석
- KANG, Kyoung Bum (Jeju National University) ;
- KOO, Myung-Sung (National institute of Fisheries Science) ;
- KIM, Jong Beom (Korea Fisheries Infrastructure Promotion Association) ;
- AHN, Jang-Young (Jeju National University) ;
- CHOI, Chan Moon (Jeju National University) ;
- LEE, Chang Heon (Jeju National University) ;
- KIM, Byoung Youb (Jeju National University) ;
- KIM, Suk Jong (Jeju National University)
- 강경범 (제주대학교) ;
- 구명성 (국립수산과학원) ;
- 김종범 (한국어촌어항협회) ;
- 안장영 (제주대학교) ;
- 최찬문 (제주대학교) ;
- 이창헌 (제주대학교) ;
- 김병엽 (제주대학교) ;
- 김석종 (제주대학교)
- Received : 2017.02.07
- Accepted : 2017.03.03
- Published : 2017.04.30
In this study, we designed a fishing system to reproduce the underwater movement of the living Sword tip squid (Loligo edulis) used as bait in the red seabream long line fishery, and conducted the experiment of the fishing operation in 2 ways, i.e., a pole and line fishing method (fishermen) and a bait control fishing system used at fishing sites. Based on the catches in fishing operation, the experiment was conducted over a six times (2014 & 2015), and then 107 fishes were caught by the line fishing method while 57 fishes were caught by the bait control fishing system. The fishermen method actively controlled the speed of gear movement upward and downward while checking the reaction of red seabreams to the bite in the process which a jerk was transmitted to single line hook fishing gear manually. The bait control fishing system is a passive method which fishermen visually check only the movements at the end of fishing pole, enabled differentiation of bite reactions of red seabream during fishing operation. Thus, the difference between fishermen method and the bait control fishing system was found to about 53.3% in the catches. We confirmed the possibility of a site fishing operation based on the bait control fishing system designed newly as a result of this study. Improvement is in several areas for commercialization at the site. This fishing system is expected to be able to find wide-ranging applications as a new labor-saving method for the fishing red seabreams if it is applied to the fishing sites after aforesaid process.
Supported by : 제주대학교
- Fuwa S. Ishizaki M. Hashiguchi H. Imai T.(1996). Movement characteristics on jig for oval squid spioteuthus lessoniana. Fisheries engineering, 33(2), 97-103.
- Fuwa S. Ishizaki M. Hashiguchi H. Imai T.(1999). Fishing gear characteristics on jig for oval squid spioteuthus lessoniana. Fisheries engineering, 35(3), 283-291.
- Koo M. S. Ishizaki M. Kim S. J. and Fuwa S.(2013a). Inducing effect of visual stimulus for moving targets in red sea bream Pagrus major. Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi, 79(2), 158-165. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.79.158
- Koo M. S. Ishizaki M. Kim S. J. Fuwa S. and Miguel V. A.(2013b). Characteristics of periodical movement of live squid(Todarodes pacificus) hooked on the branch line of a red sea bream long line J. Kor. Fish. Tech, 49(3), 227-237. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2012.49.3.227
- Korea maritime institute(2016). http://www.kmi.re.kr/ web/contents/contentsView.do?rbsIdx=224
- Lee J. B. Oh T. Y. Yeon I. J. Kim B. Y. Shin H. O. Hwang B. K. Lee K. H. Lee Y. W.(2012). Estimation of demersal fish biomass using hydroacoustic and catch data in the marine ranching area (MRA) of Jeju. J Kor Fish Soc, 48, 128-136. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2012.48.2.128
- Oh S. H. Seo I. J. Kim B. Y. Lee C. H. Kim S. J. Seo D. O. and Kim D. G.(2001). The elimination of labor with haritail, trichiurus lepturus hand line in the coast of Jeju Island 2. The model experiment of automatic hand line, Bull Mar Environ Res Inst Jeju Nat Univ, 25, 11-16.
- Park J. S. and Seo D. O.(1982). Design of the automatic trolling gear, Bull Mar Resou Res Inst Jeju Nat Univ, 6, 41-46.
- Park J. Sig.(1979). On the constitution of longline gear in the near sea of Jeju Island. Jeju University, 11, 105-109.
- Seo D. O. Kim S. J. Lee C. H. Kim G. H. and Park Y. S.(2000). The elimination of labor with haritail trichiurus hand line in the coast of Jeju Island 1. The model experiment of continuous hand line, Bull Mar Environ Res Inst Jeju Nat Univ, 24, 37-42.
- Sudo H. Azuma M. and Azeta M.(1987). Diel changes in predator-prey relationship between red sea bream and gammaridean amphipods in Shijiki Bay. Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi, 53, 1567-1575. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.53.1567