- Volume 29 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Surfing Participants' Participation Motivation on Flow Experience and Continuous Participation Intention
서핑참여자의 참여동기가 몰입경험 및 지속적 참여의도에 미치는 영향
- KWON, Jae-Yoon (Hanyang University) ;
- Nam, Sang-Back (Hanyang University) ;
- PARK, Sang-Kyu (Gachon University) ;
- KANG, Hee-Yeob (Yonsei University)
- Received : 2017.01.31
- Accepted : 2017.03.22
- Published : 2017.04.30
The purpose of this study was to verify the influences of surfing participants' participation motivation on flow experience and continuous participation intention. The study conducted a research survey through purposive sampling method after selecting 2 surfing center in Ganwon-do. 280 questionnaires distributed and 269 were selected as final valid sample by removing 11 questionnaires that have insufficient answers. Then data were analyzed through exploratory factor analysis, reliability analysis, correlation analysis, and multiple regression analysis using SPSS Window ver. 20.0. The results were as followings. First, participation motivation factors have positive effect on flow experience. Second, participation motivation factors have an influence on continuous participation intention. Third, flow experience have an influence on continuous participation intention. Fourth, leisure flow have an influence on continuous participation intention.
- Baek, Hyun & Shim, Sang-Shin(2011). Analysis of Causal Model on the Leisure Experience, Leisure Function, Flow Experience and Sport Continuance Intention of Leisure Sports Participants', The Korean Journal of Physical Education 50(6), 337-352.
- Chae, Ki-Seok(2010). Analysis of the influence between participation motivation of badminton club students in a university and leisure satisfaction, Unpublished Master's Thesis, Kookmin University.
- Cho, Sung-Kyun Kim, Jong-Kyung & Lee, Jae-Don(2010). A Study on the Relationship among Participation Motivation, Flow Experience and Leisure Continuation of Marine Sports Participants, Korean Journal of Sports Management 15(4), 51-62.
- Cho, Sung-Min & Ji, Sam-Up(2013). Effect of Sailing School Participants' Motive and Satisfaction on Continuous Participation, Journal of Fisheries and Marine Sciences Education 25(1), 128-138. https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2013.25.1.128
- Choi, Ho-Su(2015). A Study on Surf Tourists Characteristics, Experiential Motivation and Resort Selection Attributes, Unpublished Master's Thesis, Kyonggi University.
- Csikszentmihalyi, M.(1990). Flow: The psychology of optimal performance. NY: Cambridge University Press.
- Han, Min-Ju(2012). Relationship between flow experience, participation satisfaction and exercise adherence behaviors based on enjoyment factor of bowling participants. Unpublished Master's Thesis, Kyunghee University.
- Kim, Jun(2007). The effect of Marine Sports participant's enjoyment and perceived constraints on flow degree and Continuous Behavior after participation, Unpublished Master's Thesis, Pusan National University.
- Kim, Jun-Hee & Lee, Ho-Youl(2008). The Effects of worker participation motive on flow experience in Leisure sports, Journal of Leisure and Recreation Studies 32(3), 165-175.
- Kim, Ki-Yong & Seok, Kang-Hoon(2015). A Study on Relations between the Life-style of Golf Tournament Participants and Their Participation Motivation, Golf Immersion, and Exercises Adherence, Journal of Leisure Studies 13(2), 121-141.
- Kim, Mi-Lyang(2012). Leisure Satisfaction and Leisure Flow According to Subdivided Level of Participation: Focusing on Serious Leisure and Recreation Specialization, Korean Journal of Sport Science 23(3), 566-574. https://doi.org/10.24985/kjss.2012.23.3.566
- Kim, Wook-Han & Yi, Bong(2015). A Structural Relation among the Participation Motive, Exercise Passion, Exercise Commitment and Exercise Adherence of the People Participating into the Golf, The Korean Journal of Physical Education 54(2), 137-148.
- Ko, Dong-Wan Park, Yong-Soon & Lee, Hanahreum(2013). Influences of the Social Media Use Motivation on the Flow and Leisure Satisfaction: Focusing on the use of Facebook with college students, Korean Journal of Tourism Research 28(4), 137-156.
- Lee, Hye-Ran Yoon, In-Ae & Yoon, Yong-Jin (2013). The Effects of Participation Motivation, Flow experience and Psychological Well-being on Line-dance, Korean Journal of Sports Science 22(4), 491-499.
- Lee, Sang-Il Lim, Hyang-Mee & Hwang, In-Sun(2014). The analysis of the relationship among the billiard participants' motivation, immersion and re-participation, Korean Journal of Sports Science 23(4), 775-788.
- Lim, Jae-Goo & Lim, Tae-Sung(2000). The Prospects of Recreation Sport Activities Based Upon th Socio-Cultural Changes, The Korean Journal of Physical Education 39(3), 942-952.
- Lim, Jeong-Mi & Lim, Soo-Woen(2014). Study on Relations Among Water Leisure Sports Participants' Leisure Motivation, Leisure Flow, Leisure Satisfaction and Psychological Well-being, The Korean Journal of Physical Education 53(6), 417-429.
- Mun, Chang-Il(2005). The Measurement of Intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivation For Sports Participants: Korean Sport Motivation Scale(KSMS), Unpublished Master's Thesis, Korea University.
- Nakamura, J. & Csikszentmihalyi, M.(2002). The concept of flow. InHandbook of positive psychology. CR Snyder & SJ Lopez, Eds.: 89-105.
- Nam, Sang-Back & Kwon, Il-Kwon(2016). The Effects of Enjoyment Factors on Recreation Specialization of Water Sports Participants, Journal of Fisheries and Marine Sciences Education 28(2), 356-365. https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2016.28.2.356
- Nunnally, J. C. & Bernstein, I. H.(1994). Psychometric theory (3rd ed.). NY: McGraw-Hill, Inc.
- Oh, Kyung-Rok & Han, Hae-Won(2012). The Influence of Sport Commitment Experience on Continuous Intention and Dance Addiction of Leisure Dance Participants, Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies 49, 471-482.
- Omodel, M. M. & Wearing, A. J.(1990). Need satisfaction and involvement in personal project: Toward an integrative model of subjective wellbeing, Journal of Personality and Social Psychology 59, 762-769. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3518.104.22.1682
- Park, Hyung-Jun(2014). The Effects of Flow Experience on Leisure Identity and Leisure Continuation in Winter Sports Participants, Journal of Leisure and Recreation Studies 38(2), 63-73.
- Park, Hyun-Uk Seo, Se-Hoon & Kang, Seung-Ae(2010). The Relationship Among the Participation Motive, Exercise Immersion, Leisure Satisfaction, and Intention of Exercise Duration of Ski Club Members, Journal of Korean Association of Physical Education and Sport for Girls and Women 24(2), 115 -127.
- Roh, Jae-Hun(2013). The casual model of relationships among level of mania, sensation seeking tendency, exercise emotion and continuous behavior intention of winter leisure sports, Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies 53(1), 453 -470.
- Ryew, Che-Cheong & Yoon, Sang-Taek(2009). Scheme of revitalization on adventuring tourism of undersea in Jeju-Do -Centering on the infra-development and expecter training of ocean leisure sport industry-, Sport Science Research 15(1), 85-95.
- Yoon, So-Won & Kang, Su-Taek(2014). The Effect of the Class Satisfaction on Exercise Commitment and the Exercise Adherence Intention for the Participants in the Golf for General Education at a University, Korean Journal of Golf Studies 8(2), 99-112.